GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Raymond Tiew Says he Plans to beat Down Melvin Yeoh at One Fc Return of Warriors Empty Raymond Tiew Says he Plans to beat Down Melvin Yeoh at One Fc Return of Warriors

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 pm
ONE FC: ‘Return of Warriors’ next month features a four man featherweight tournament which will see the winner crowned the first ever Malaysian National Champion.

The participants are all veterans of the Malaysian MMA scene who know each other well and in many cases have sparred together, and even fought against one another, before.

Raymond Tiew is going up against a fighter he is very familiar with in Melvin Yeoh. The two first met in September 2011 with Yeoh winning by second round TKO due to a combination of knees and punches.

Tiew’s only other loss came on his ONE FC debut when he suffered an unfortunate knee injury early in his fight against Indra Senduk in Jakarta. Now he is back to full fitness and, as he tells Combat Asia, is out for revenge when he takes on one of the only two men to ever defeat him…

You already lost to Melvin Yeoh once, are you confident you can beat him this time?

I was still fresh and had no experience in MMA event when I fought Melvin Yeoh. Now I train in a good team with a good coach. I’m ready and confident to step inside the cage and beat Melvin down.

How do you see this fight being different and why?

I think our fight will be more aggressive than the last time we fight. On that time Melvin just recovered from his back injury and I was fresh to fighting. Now we have both improved, I believe this time I will put on an awesome show for the audience and fans. This fight will never go to a decision, I think we both want to finish it as fast as we can.

You made a strong start on your ONE FC debut against Indra Senduk but then suffered a serious knee injury, how disappointing was that and how long did it take you to recover?

On that match, I made just one simple mistake and the tables were turned upside down. Yes, I was really disappointed and frustrated after I lost the fight and I was out with injury, it was eight months before I could start my full training.

Do you think you would have beaten Indra Senduk if you had not hurt your knee?

I believe I would have beaten Indra Senduk if I had not made a simple mistake.

How excited are you to be fighting in a tournament for the first ever Malaysian National Title?

I’m really excited for this tournament, it will be a stepping stone for me to get this belt before I challenge the world. Also a good opportunity for me to test my skill with these three best Malaysia fighter.

Do you believe Melvin Yeoh is better on the ground than you and if so are you going to be looking for a KO?

I believe Melvin has good ground fighting skill and he’s a BJJ brown belt from what I hear but he couldn’t submit me the last time we fought so I believe that we may have a equal strength on ground skill but who knows? He might be better on the ground now. Melvin TKOd me the last time we fought, this time I will pay him back double!

You know Jian Kai Chee and AJ Mansour, do you have any predictions for their fight?

Melvin Yeoh, Chian Kai, and AJ ‘Pyro’ are my good friends and sparring partners and good fighters too. Kai and AJ are hungry for their first win in ONE FC. I think the fight will go to Kai, KO or decision.

http://combat-asia.com/index.php/raymond-tiew-says-he-plans-to-beat-down-melvin-yeoh-at-one-fc-return-of-warriors/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum