GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wekka
wekka

World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread Empty World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 pm
Probably the best MMA game in existence, WMMA3 deserves many more accolades in the form of its own thread.

I've seen that a few people here have played it and decided to give it a shot months ago and i'm still addicted to the demo and am looking forward to purchasing the retail game later this month.

If you haven't tried it, DO IT. Go to the Grey Dog Software website and download the demo. Tons of fun to be had.

In preparation for the game, I started a dynasty on their forums with a roster that might look familiar to some. I'll link everyone to it for anyone that is interested in checking it out:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523277
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread Empty Re: World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm
seems cool, is this like the mma game on facebook or is this a legit game?
wekka
wekka

World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread Empty Re: World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 am
I really don't know all too much about the Facebook game. Is it like roleplaying based where you create a fighter, level him up, and do fights based on stat rolls?

WMMA3 (or any of them for that matter) is a pure simulation game. You take reigns of a fictional fight company in a fictional universe. That means matchmaking, signing fighters, sign television and ppv deals, etc. The only true object of the game is to build your company up to be as large as possible, from a regional promotion to an international promotion. Once that's achieved, you have to stay perched atop by scouting fighters and building for the future once your presence has grown old.

If you're not one for a fictional universe, there are real world mods that allow you to use real fighters and organizations and play the game as if it were reality.

It's a reallly good game.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 am
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:47 am
mmainamerica wrote:We talked about here a little bit
https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t4266-mmatycoon#30097

Yeah, you're the one that pretty much solidified the fact that I should try it out. Haven't looked back since.

Never thought id have so much fun with a text based game at this day in age.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 am
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 pm
mmainamerica wrote:What scenario did you do?

All of them, honestly lol. Except WEFF, which didn't interest me all too much. Quit my playthrough of XCC too since I could accomplish the same thing with GAMMA.

I like to play as if i'm trying to dominate a certain region, so I sign as many fighters with high potential for dominance and excitement in or around my home region.

ALPHA-One: Started sixteen man tournaments in each weight class, champion included. Built a featherweight division with a few of my LWGP losers dropping down and signing free agents. Signed a lot of judokas, puroresu wrestlers, and rikishis in hopes of building more popularity around my organization. Prospects include Japanese, Koreans, Australians, a few Brazzos and Europeans, and New Zealanders.

GAMMA: Pretty much running it like the UFC but instead of having an Ultimate Fighter type show for prospects, i've started secondary cards for all fighters with three fights or less and let them battle it out on a 20 fight cards as the best fighters advance to the next round. It's a mix of Challengers cards and a Toughman contest. Prospects include Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, and Islanders from the Caribbean.

SIGMA: As with GAMMA, except I use KSW as the base. I usually just run mini tournaments to crown number one contenders and the same for the rest of the roster to build momentum and popularity for certain fighters. Haven't really been able to give SIGMA its own personality as of yet. Prospects include mainland Europeans.

BCF: I run it like a league. I have numerous cards going and each weight class has a 8 man round robin tournament going on to develop new stars and challengers. Especially helpful for the LW division, which is really lacking outside of Keane. I also implement a 10 count for them too. Prospects include those on the British Isles and Africans.

FLB: Run it like a typical vale tudo organization. 30 minute round for typical fights and 60 minutes for championship fights. Probably the most fun i'm having in the game outside of ALPHA-1 and my PURE dynasty. Prospects include South Americans and Cubans.

KDMFC: Run it pretty simply, outside of the Women's division. I use one night 8 women tournaments to crown contenders on every two cards. Really helped out Chikamatsu max out pretty quickly. Prospects include mainland Asians, Southwest Asians, and the Java islanders.

All in all, keeping myself fairly busy with the game.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm
delete

wekka
wekka

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 pm
I was thinking about doing a Pride one, as if Yarennoka was just another Shockwave. Ill probably wait until I run out of ideas with my PURE dynasty, which has a good five years of material to work with as of now. I might start sooner. I'd definitely like to.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:20 pm
mmainamerica wrote:Man, you need to download a scenario. There is one when Pride was around or modern era one. A lot to pick from it, it's truly amazing.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=179
intersting indeed.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am
I brought it on launch day and still play it.
Just started a new game in the c-verse reboot mod as world vale tudo.
My last game was a 43 year long Pancrase game. I brought UFC, took all their guys and closed them down

World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread 4178444241
wekka
wekka

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 pm
IQ Wrestler wrote:I brought it on launch day and still play it.
Just started a new game in the c-verse reboot mod as world vale tudo.
My last game was a 43 year long Pancrase game. I brought UFC, took all their guys and closed them down

World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 Appreciation Thread 4178444241

Lol that's actually not too bad of an idea. Original Pancrase rules and everything?!

I never expected to have so much fun with the C-verse. Its much easier to.get the hang of compared to their wrestling game, although that didn't stop me from starting a few games on that one, as well.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:00 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:30 pm
That sucks, man. Haven't had a real problem with mine yet. Although I've barely had it for a month.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:41 am
did you run it as admin?

Yeah, wekka. I tried to get it as close to original rules. I followed a the real Pancrase timeline

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:11 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:40 pm
mmainamerica wrote:Anyone want to buy my copy? Make me an offer

i'd gladly buy it if my computer would ever allow me to be granted access to the eLicense program.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum