GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

I'm so happy Tarec won!  Empty I'm so happy Tarec won!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:56 pm
this truly is story of the underdog

remember scott coker didnt want to give tarec a title shot....only until all the injuries did tarec become an option vs nate in the main event.

They didnt even promote tarec at all as a contender. No interviews/ no promo no countdown for the fight. they focused more on fucking cormier and nate. I dont care for hearing cormiers story of his daughter dying back in 1993 over and over. I get it already. very sad.

No one gave tarec a chance anywhere and the odds where heavily in favor of nate the TRT great. Every idiot was saying how tarec was gonna get KTFO in round 1.

I am so happy TAREC he did it against all the odds.

I'm so happy Tarec won!  0

bless you tarec! BELGIUM PRIDE!! cheers
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

I'm so happy Tarec won!  Empty Re: I'm so happy Tarec won!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:59 pm
Tardec did great in that fight (just smashed on Marquardt's leg). It was brutal. Glad he won as well. I like Marquardt but Tarec really showed that he is a legit top WW.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:00 pm
Tarec showed world class clinch and takedown defense for a striker.
Hendo really trained him good.

If tarec only had some more power in his striking. he would be a killer.

like what he did to nate moor.

---

i forgot to add this fight felt like nates ticket back into the UFC and tarec spoiled the party!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:04 pm
stu3ufc wrote:Tarec showed world class clinch and takedown defense for a striker.
Hendo really trained him good.

If tarec only had some more power in his striking. he would be a killer.

like what he did to nate moor.

---

i forgot to add this fight felt like nates ticket back into the UFC and tarec spoiled the party!

His TDD def. looked top notch in this fight. I agree, Hendo really had him ready for this fight. Yeah, a bit more power would be good and it would have been lights out for Marquardt in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 pm
I think inside 5 rounds tarec would beat woodley

woodley would gas after rd 3 and tarec would take over.

I hate victories like that when all the winner did was pin another man against the cage for 15 mins

it's sickening
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:18 pm
stu3ufc wrote:I think inside 5 rounds tarec would beat woodley

woodley would gas after rd 3 and tarec would take over.

I hate victories like that when all the winner did was pin another man against the cage for 15 mins

it's sickening

That fight was difficult to watch. That was not fighting. Woodley should have been deducted points for timidity in that fight since he was not fighting. That LNP shit is against the rules but it isn't enforced. Woodley won a humping contest but he did not win a "fight."
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:22 pm
I just hate under NSAC RULES fighters are allowed to get away with this shit. it truly is painful

they're not even trying for takedowns they're just pinning against the cage not working for anything
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 pm
stu3ufc wrote:I just hate under NSAC RULES fighters are allowed to get away with this shit. it truly is painful

they're not even trying for takedowns they're just pinning against the cage not working for anything

Yup, it's BS no one enforces that rule. Stalling against the cage, LNP, or running around in circles point fighting should all come to a halt if they would just enforce the timidity rule. It was almost enforced in the last Guida fight when he was threatened in the last round that points would be taken away but Mergliatta never followed through like he threatened. He should have done this near the end of the 1st round and started taking points in the second and third round. Guida lost because the judges saw through Guida's BS running but it would have been a better example if Guida lost points and was eventually DQ'd for not fighting.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 pm
Doesn't matter how much hype and praise you give a fighter, there's always someone out there that will kick your ass.

That's what i hate about the orgs, specially one in particular, being so closed. The top fighters simply have no variety of opponents, and lots of guys never get a shot of fighting them because they can't get exposure or their shot at proving themselves for being out of the "top league". Like Tarec, in which stu mentioned, would never get this chance if it wasn't for all the problems that happened with others. BTW the same happened with Cormier, in which if it wasn't for the HW tourney becoming a mess would still be unknown probably.

Makes me wonder if some called top ranked fighters really deserve to be there.

edit: this reminds me of a video in which even fucking Chael Sonnen says that most talented guys he knows are unknown, while big talkers and people that sell with their image get a much shorter and easier way to the top.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 am
CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:I just hate under NSAC RULES fighters are allowed to get away with this shit. it truly is painful

Yup, it's BS no one enforces that rule. Stalling against the cage, LNP, or running around in circles point fighting should all come to a halt if they would just enforce the timidity rule. It was almost enforced in the last Guida fight when he was threatened in the last round that points would be taken away but Mergliatta never followed through like he threatened. He should have done this near the end of the 1st round and started taking points in the second and third round. Guida lost because the judges saw through Guida's BS running but it would have been a better example if Guida lost points and was eventually DQ'd for not fighting.

funny how it took Mergliatta till round 5 to warn anderson silva vs maia

in kickboxing if theres like 1 min of inactivity they warn the fighters to pick up the action
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am
Wolfman wrote:

and then you got UFC hyped guys who fall out of the UFC and completely fade like miguel torres without UFC hype and marketting behind them

Then you still got the idiots saying UFC is the big leagues and only the best are in UFC

it's so annoying! in mma anyone can beat anyone on any given day!

I can see cormier run through frank mir also
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 am
stu3ufc wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

funny how it took Mergliatta till round 5 to warn anderson silva vs maia

in kickboxing if theres like 1 min of inactivity they warn the fighters to pick up the action

Yeah, that's another real good example. I don't get it. They know this is against the rules, yet, I have only seen points be threatened to be deducted. They need to really follow through on this early in the fight and often, leading up to a DQ if necessary.

Yeah, in kickboxing, they usually are fighting to finish. I heard that the HWs in kickboxing had over an 80% finish rate in K-1. I never looked up the stats myself but that is pretty impressive. I know MMA was usually around 67% but with the lower weight classes, the point fighting, and LNP, that has gone down closer to 55% or so over the last couple years.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:24 am
Wolfman wrote:Doesn't matter how much hype and praise you give a fighter, there's always someone out there that will kick your ass.

That's what i hate about the orgs, specially one in particular, being so closed. The top fighters simply have no variety of opponents, and lots of guys never get a shot of fighting them because they can't get exposure or their shot at proving themselves for being out of the "top league". Like Tarec, in which stu mentioned, would never get this chance if it wasn't for all the problems that happened with others. BTW the same happened with Cormier, in which if it wasn't for the HW tourney becoming a mess would still be unknown probably.

edit: this reminds me of a video in which even fucking Chael Sonnen says that most talented guys he knows are unknown, while big talkers and people that sell with their image get a much shorter and easier way to the top.

Yeah, so sick of hearing they are minor leagues....BS, it's funny how REEM came up from the minors and demolished the Baddest Man on the Planet in minutes, or Jacare easily subbing Herman, or Pelligrino going to Bellator to get smashed by Patricky, and the list goes on forever. The truth is, some fighters from other orgs. go to the UFC and do great, others fail miserably, and others do so-so. Same when UFC fighters leave the UFC, some do good, some do great, others do terrible. They try to compare UFC to the NFL but this is an individual combat sport that has top elite fighters fighting in numerous promotions all over the world. Calling the UFC the NFL and everyone else minor leagues is an apples and oranges comparison. UFC is the biggest brand with a lot of top fighters (some of which are the best in the world) but there are others all over the world and there always will be. This has been the case almost dating back to the beginning of modern MMA up until today. There will always be other promotions vying for top level talent and a share of the MMA market somewhere in the world. Then the biased rankings all over the web are setup so no other org. can hardly get a fighter in there. It's all BS, just like Werdum taking number 2 spot behind 4-1 Lesnar after beating Fedor even though every UFC contender always takes the number 1 spot after beating the number 1 fighter no matter how far down the rankings they are. It's all BS, stemming from Zuffa control over media, propaganda, misinformation,....
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:06 am
i love u CDF47! cat

im sick of people referring to fighters as "ufc fighters" or "pride fighters" ... I read that Bellator has shit fighters because dantas and lombard lost. I'm so tired of that shit.

NO you morons they're just fighters! and some just lose to others!
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 am
Wolfman wrote:Doesn't matter how much hype and praise you give a fighter, there's always someone out there that will kick your ass.

Agree! Since the UFC can sign/cut and hype almost any fighter they want they can choose who should be a "top fighter". In reality there´s such a small difference between most top-mid tier fighters that you don´t know who´s better.
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 am
stu3ufc wrote:i love u CDF47! cat

im sick of people referring to fighters as "ufc fighters" or "pride fighters" ... I read that Bellator has shit fighters because dantas and lombard lost. I'm so tired of that shit.

Exactly, UFC doesn´t own any of the fighters. They are curently under contract with Zuffa but will sign with other promotions in the future. Same goes for all fighters in all promotions. Support the fighters not the promotions.
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 am
Of course it´s better to support Bellator than Zuffa Very Happy
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 am
stu3ufc wrote:
Wolfman wrote:

and then you got UFC hyped guys who fall out of the UFC and completely fade like miguel torres without UFC hype and marketting behind them

Then you still got the idiots saying UFC is the big leagues and only the best are in UFC

it's so annoying! in mma anyone can beat anyone on any given day!

I can see cormier run through frank mir also
Like I said for years.. Styles make fights! When will the zombies realize this?
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 am
what I have noticed is that they hand pick opponents for guys that bring the PPV money

chad mendes, Cerreone and Guillard have at time have faced opponents that made no sense ranking wise.

UFC would actually be pretty good with tournaments and the 8 best guys HAVING to face each other. I'm sick of title shots being hand given by dana
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am
I´m 100% sure the fighters on our rankings would destroy many fighters from the UFC roster.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:04 am
PRIDE FC wrote:I´m 100% sure the fighters on our rankings would destroy many fighters from the UFC roster.

Give me the top guys in bellator smashing majority of UFC's "top 10" especially at 135/145

I cant believe guys like Dantas arent top 10 but I see faber who's had 3 fights like top 3

i hate mma rankings so much! so UFC/ American biased it's sickening!
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:14 am
stu3ufc wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:I´m 100% sure the fighters on our rankings would destroy many fighters from the UFC roster.

Give me the top guys in bellator smashing majority of UFC's "top 10" especially at 135/145

I cant believe guys like Dantas arent top 10 but I see faber who's had 3 fights like top 3

i hate mma rankings so much! so UFC/ American biased it's sickening!
Yes that´s why we felt we needed to make non-zuffa rankings. It would be cool to hear your opinion on the rankings and suggestions for changes.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm
stu3ufc wrote:i love u CDF47! cat

Thanks man. Yeah, we are on the same page on this one. I've been tired of that shit as well.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:

Agree! Since the UFC can sign/cut and hype almost any fighter they want they can choose who should be a "top fighter". In reality there´s such a small difference between most top-mid tier fighters that you don´t know who´s better.

Yup, that's the truth.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:55 pm
stu3ufc wrote:what I have noticed is that they hand pick opponents for guys that bring the PPV money

chad mendes, Cerreone and Guillard have at time have faced opponents that made no sense ranking wise.

UFC would actually be pretty good with tournaments and the 8 best guys HAVING to face each other. I'm sick of title shots being hand given by dana

Yeah, tournaments once in a while would be great. The hand me down title shots based on popularity is ridiculous.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum