GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Marlon Moraes vs. Tyson Nam slated for WSOF 2 on March 23 Empty Marlon Moraes vs. Tyson Nam slated for WSOF 2 on March 23

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm
A long-expected bantamweight bout between Marlon Moraes (9-4-1) and Tyson Nam (12-4) finally has a date: March 23.

The 135-pounders will meet at World Series of Fighting's sophomore show. Sources close to the event, WSOF 2, told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) bout agreements have been signed.

The Las Vegas-based promotion hasn't made a formal announcement about the event or a location. The organization's debut show took place in Las Vegas back in November and aired on NBC Sports Network.

The organization initially planned to host its second event this past month, but the date ultimately was pushed back.

The Moraes vs. Nam bout was solidified after that debut show on Nov. 3. In an upset, Moraes scored a split-decision victory over former WEC champion Miguel Torres. He out-struck Torres, landed cleaner punches, mixed in stinging low kicks and even showed some flash with spinning back kicks. It marked the Florida-based fighter's third straight win.

He now fights Nam, who was expected to fight Torres at WSOF 1 before a brief contract dispute with Bellator ultimately scrapped the bout. But now free from any Bellator ties, Nam makes his WSOF debut off an August upset of Bellator bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas at Shooto Brazil 33. The big victory pushed the Oregonian fighter's current win streak to four.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/marlon-moraes-vs-tyson-nam-slated-for-wsof-2-on-march-23
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Marlon Moraes vs. Tyson Nam slated for WSOF 2 on March 23 Empty Re: Marlon Moraes vs. Tyson Nam slated for WSOF 2 on March 23

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 am
This will be a good fight.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Marlon Moraes vs. Tyson Nam slated for WSOF 2 on March 23 Empty Re: Marlon Moraes vs. Tyson Nam slated for WSOF 2 on March 23

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Do you guys know how wicked Marlon Moares stand up is?

Is freaking amazing! probably one of the best up there with Tyrone Spong and Cosmo Alexandre imo

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm
^Would be crazy if he KOs the guy that KO'd the Bellator champ. If Nam loses, I hope he goes to Bellator to fight Dantas. I still want to see that rematch.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 am
CDF47 wrote:^Would be crazy if he KOs the guy that KO'd the Bellator champ. If Nam loses, I hope he goes to Bellator to fight Dantas. I still want to see that rematch.

Yes I'd like to see that happen also.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum