GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Dave Schultz Memorial International wrestling tournament Empty Dave Schultz Memorial International wrestling tournament

Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:01 am
The event is available in its entirety on the USA Wrestling youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/USAWrestling2008?feature=watch
(Full event videos in the 'events' section).

I may post some matches here that I find particularly spectacular, though.

Here's one such match, between Mongolian G. Mandakhraran and American Brandon Rader
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Dave Schultz Memorial International wrestling tournament Empty Re: Dave Schultz Memorial International wrestling tournament

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:11 am
This is tremendous. 2nd round action here.
wekka
wekka

Dave Schultz Memorial International wrestling tournament Empty Re: Dave Schultz Memorial International wrestling tournament

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:38 pm
Wasn't Liu Deli in this?
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:10 am
I'm not sure.

Searching his name on the USAwrestling youtube channel only brings up one match, from three years ago. They're still in the process of uploading all of the individual matches (although they probably could have done it much more efficiently, in real time, by simply having one person on each mat stream slicing up the matches as they happened), but I believe all of the first round matches are up. Maybe not though, because the heavyweights were in a later session, so maybe they haven't gotten to them yet.

I haven't watched any of the heavyweight matches yet. I'll have to update.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 am
This was a pretty decent match.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 am
Upon seeing it here, it seems incredibly obvious.

But yet, I have never thought of countering a shot with a sprawl to outside/sweep single.

Here it is worked to perfection.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 am
Here, we have what is without a doubt the best instance of pure judo technique applied to wrestling that I have ever seen.

Takahashi is without question a tremendous all around wrestler. But, you can see a lot of judo influence in his style. In particular, see his seo nage, or arm roll, at about 52 seconds. Just phenomenal.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 am
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum