GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Vadim Finkelstein: our troops are the best in the world Empty Vadim Finkelstein: our troops are the best in the world

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:35 pm
President of M-1 Global's Vadim Finkelstein in an interview to mixfight.ru brought some results of 2012 year and shared its plans for the 2013.

– Vadym G., first briefly on how to pass the leap year 2012 for Russian MMA?

– Last year was a leap year, unsuccessful I would not call it. There were, of course, but in general I appreciate his positive results. Under the auspices of m-1 Global held a total of seven tournaments. As the TV audience has grown significantly, and the number of spectators, just come to our events. Now I'm talking only about the major international tournaments, but even more tournaments on a smaller scale was carried out in many regions of the country.

– Which of the activities held last year proved to be the most successful?

-Memorable tournament M-1 Challenge 33 "Battle Mountain", June 6 in a picturesque district of Džejrah in Ingushetia, on the 20-th anniversary of the founding of the Republic. It looked more than a million viewers. Directly in Ègikal Tower complex, where Alfresco was set ring, brought together more than 20 million viewers, including fans from neighboring republics of the North Caucasus, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Volgograd and other regions of our country. Of course, memorable and M-1 Global tournament. Fedor vs Rizzo, after which the Fedor Emelianenko officially declared end of career. The tournament attracted a huge number of viewers, which is very warm send-off of Fedor.

– Which of the battles have become the most interesting?

-Really interesting fights a lot and even hard to pick out any of them. Liked very hard and uncompromising fight Magomed Malikova with Kenny Garner at M-1 Challenge event 32, held on 16 may in Moscow on the universal sports arena «Crocus Expo». Remember the battle for the title of champion of the M-1 Challenge in the weight category 93 kg for M-1 Challenge 34, held 30 September at Moscow HSS «Druzhba», in which Sergey Kornev of Legion Club from Rostov-on-Don won over Polish fighter by Marcin Zontekom. Liked fighting champion M-1 Challenge in the category up to 77 kg Rashid Magomedov of Dagestan "Highlander". But, I repeat, is bright, beautiful loot was plentiful, I called only those that I remember in the first place.

– What would you attributed to the discoveries of the year?

– Speaking of fighters, I would single out of the same by Rashid Magomedov, Western – Kenny Garner. But, again, I have to say that we now have a lot of talented, up-and-coming fighters, whose future in their own hands. I would not like to have someone to emphasize.

As last year the geography of MMA in Russia?

I would say not so much about geography as a growing popularity of mixed martial arts. This can be seen by visiting our poker tournaments, and the increasing number of mixed martial arts. Grow ratings television broadcasts of our tournaments, an increasing number of spectators interested in this sport. Gradually changing and the attitude of the media towards mixed martial arts. If a while ago wrote a about some clandestine bloody battles, now the information is more objective and balanced. People are finally starting to understand our sport and understand what is going on in the ring. The successes of the past year should, of course, include the formal recognition of the mixed martial arts sport, this is perhaps the major event of the year. It is clear that we need to clearly separate amateur sports and professional fights, but recognition of the mixed martial arts and mixed martial arts MMA fighting Union of Russia is a very significant step forward. More than 60 regional federations of MMA, which have as their objective the development of mixed martial arts.

– Along with the successes were probably in the past year, and frustration?

There is always something happening, and then for a while can dip their hands. There have been instances of sloppiness, frustrated by some plans, but something serious, something worthwhile to say, did not happen. Of course, a disappointment caused a complete sports career Fedor Emelianenko. But no one may speak forever, he's gone from a great sport, but it's his decision. More precisely, from the great sport it is, of course, left, completed their performances in the ring, headed by Union MMA mixed martial arts fighting Russia and, hopefully, many more would be able to make for the development of the sport.

– Talk about finishing career Fedor walked for quite some time, so for you it won't be a surprise.

Of course, this was not entirely unexpected, but I learned about his final decision until about a month before the last fight Fedor with Brazilian Pedro Rizzo on June 21 last year.

– For many years Fedor Emelianenko was the face of MMA, and its popularity has greatly contributed to the popularization of mixed martial arts. For the foreseeable future, you may see someone who if not rise, then at least to draw near to the throne of the "last Emperor"?

Despite the large number of our young, promising fighters, I don't see anybody yet who could take the place of Fedor. This unique fighter, from those that do not appear every decade even century. Fedor originally made his name in the Japanese Pride and then won over the years. He actually didn't need a "promotion". This level fighters I have yet to see.

-If we talk about the situation in the international market of MMA, it occurred in the past year, any significant changes?

-The popularity of mixed martial arts in the world is growing, although maybe not as noticeable as in Russia. Is all the more tournaments, new companies-organizers of the fights. They appear in Asia, India, Singapore. In Europe, major companies yet, and after the events in Japan mixed martial arts out there are going through a recession.

– Threatens to do something the UFC monopoly, are you considering this organization as a potential competitor

Is not going to assess the monopoly of the UFC, and with regard to competition, we would rather see them as potential partners. UFC is one of the first companies which started holding fights in MMA, carefully builds its policy and gradually develops. Has a big television contracts, working with it, get a good reward. The company strives to become transnational. They focus on Asia, Japan, Australia and Europe.

– What awaits Russian mixed martial arts fans in 2013?

"We plan to spend 8-10 major tournaments. Some of them can call now. M-1 Challenge 37 will be held on February 27 in Orenburg. Next tournament M-1 Challenge 38 will be held in St. Petersburg on April 9, and then fights 23 may in Moscow, "Crocus city. In early June, are planning to hold a tournament in Ingushetia, and in late June – "battle on the Neva River in St. Petersburg. Was the idea to host the tournament during the white nights on Palace Square, but for various reasons it has so far refused.

-What will be the main event of this year?

While it is hard to say, but I think the attention of viewers to attract the final Grand Prix of heavyweights. While the venue has not yet been determined, but perhaps it will in August in Sochi, but these fights start April 9 in St. Petersburg.

-You have said in an interview that the plan to conduct battles in the ring of a new design, a kind of symbiosis between ring and mesh. What is the reason?

-Experience of fights in the ring and mixed in the grid, forced to think about the shortcomings of both sites. NET prevents spectators watch the match, television cameras have to place over the net that distorts the image. On the other hand, the battles that take place in the ring, often stop when one of the athletes is in the bottom of the rope out of the ring. The referee has to move fighters, trying to maintain their position that didn't match and breaks the picture adorns the battlefield. The new hexagonal ring will also contribute to a better recognition of our battles.

– In addition to shortcomings and ring, and grid have their dignity?

– We want to combine them in a new design. At the bottom of the fence will be a grid, which will fighters fallout may refer outside and top-ropes that will prevent long stagnate, leaning his back or shoulders, as often happens during the fighting there. As practice shows, fights in the ring are more dynamic than in the grid. Increase the area of the site – the distance between opposite corners will be 8 metres.

– Production of a new ring will require clearly defined costs. Will it be available to regional organizations?

And now our competitions are held in the ring, other than the standard Boxer. It is a meter more softer ropes are stronger taut, its design will prevent injury when an athlete outside of the ring. A new ring is only designed for the m-1, and amateur tournaments will be held, as always, to our normal rings.

Are you supposed to carry the new ring on all tournaments?

Of course, as before. And now we are taking the ring for the M-1 Challenge 37 in Orenburg. New ring viewers will be able to see and appreciate the 9 of April in St. Petersburg "Ice sport Palace" at M-1 Challenge 38.

– Whether the introduction of a new ring of some changes in the rules?

-First of all, becomes less stops the battle, his rhythm will be closer to what we see now in octagonal shapes.

Is Now preparing to register regional MMA Federation m-1. At what point does this work now?

Is currently working with the documents in the middle of March, plan to hold a city Championship among fans, which would be formed City national, which, in turn, will report to St. Petersburg in Russian championship this summer, and in September plans to hold the World Cup.

In the past year mixed martial arts received official recognition as a sport. Have you felt any change of attitude on the part of the various structures, sportkomiteta, some sort of support?

In the past year mixed martial arts in Russia said its 15 anniversary. All those years of spectators, sports officials and the media constantly varied from xenophobic to understanding and support. Until we are spoilt, of course, the emphasis of government structures and support from them. I would like more support, but it can probably say representatives of the overwhelming majority of sports. Recognition of the mixed martial arts sport inspires some hope, but we are not so naive as to wait for manna from heaven.

-Aren't you afraid that the enormous cost of forthcoming Sochi Olympics, the World Cup would require so many resources that other sports are just not enough?

– All can be. While too little time has passed since the recognition of MMA to draw any conclusions. Anyway, there has been a revitalization of the mixed martial arts promotion in regions that are more and more tournaments. Let's hope for the best.

http://mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2013/2/20/Vadim_Finkestein_Nashi_boycy%29stanut_luchshimi_v_mire/
wekka
wekka

Vadim Finkelstein: our troops are the best in the world Empty Re: Vadim Finkelstein: our troops are the best in the world

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am
Its true. We have garbage fighters like Colton Smith while they have RUTHLESS KILLING MACHINES like Vitali Krat.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum