GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Sweden sold out

+4
KSW
monaroCountry
Dapperdoo
marchegiano
8 posters
Go down
marchegiano
marchegiano

UFC Sweden sold out Empty UFC Sweden sold out

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:05 am
UFC on Fuel 2 has set a new record for a European event by selling out the Ericcson Globe Arena in 3 hours......any spin? To me this suggests the European market is pretty excited to have the UFC.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

UFC Sweden sold out Empty Re: UFC Sweden sold out

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 am
yeah the european market is going to be huge/it already is huge.

sweden will get even bigger with the rise of the mauler!!
monaroCountry

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 am
marchegiano wrote:UFC on Fuel 2 has set a new record for a European event by selling out the Ericcson Globe Arena in 3 hours......any spin? To me this suggests the European market is pretty excited to have the UFC.

They sell their tickets at different stages. The first and second stages basically goes out for bargain basement prices to the various MMA gyms and family/friends (basically anyone), the final stage is when it goes out to public and by that stage its already just a fraction of the tickets left. MOST EVENTS ARE LIKE THESE. If UFC sold all the tickets to the general public then it would be hard for them to sell those tickets.

Again, the majority of tickets are sold for bargain basement prices, the full price sells out quick because there arent that many tickets left.

This is how the fight game works.

M-1 for example would be doing these same tactics the same as any other promotions. What impresses is when ticket prices are high and still get bought out (like the $5,000 per pop that M-1 was selling out for seats closer to the ring for their Fedor v Monson fight).
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:38 am
We love combat sports here. Too bad UFC put on a mediocre card. This isn´t better than the swedish Rumble of the Kings events.

•Alexander Gustafsson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
•Alessio Sakara vs. Brian Stann
•Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Paulo Thiago
•Damacio Page vs. Brad Pickett
•DaMarques Johnson vs. John Maguire
•Cyrille Diabate vs. Jorgen Kruth
•Simeon Thoresen vs. Besam Yousef
•Francis Carmont vs. Magnus Cedenblad
•Papy Abedi vs. James Head
•Akira Corassani vs. Jason Young*
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 am
Sweden sold out years ago. Case in point, the Swedish chef on the Muppet Show...

KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 am
^Ha, ha
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:^Ha, ha
Smile
marchegiano
marchegiano

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:08 pm
monaroCountry wrote:
marchegiano wrote:UFC on Fuel 2 has set a new record for a European event by selling out the Ericcson Globe Arena in 3 hours......any spin? To me this suggests the European market is pretty excited to have the UFC.

They sell their tickets at different stages. The first and second stages basically goes out for bargain basement prices to the various MMA gyms and family/friends (basically anyone), the final stage is when it goes out to public and by that stage its already just a fraction of the tickets left. MOST EVENTS ARE LIKE THESE. If UFC sold all the tickets to the general public then it would be hard for them to sell those tickets.

Again, the majority of tickets are sold for bargain basement prices, the full price sells out quick because there arent that many tickets left.

This is how the fight game works.

M-1 for example would be doing these same tactics the same as any other promotions. What impresses is when ticket prices are high and still get bought out (like the $5,000 per pop that M-1 was selling out for seats closer to the ring for their Fedor v Monson fight).

You answered absolutely perfectly. Bravo to you sir. I had a feeling there was something that'd be obvious to y'all that Zuffa's neglecting to mention. Sometimes it takes me a few reads on this board to understand what y'all are saying, but this one was transmitted in full comprehension.

I agree, lame card. I was taken aback at how quickly it sold, but I guess if your giving the tickets out like candy it's makes sense.
brace
brace

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm
marchegiano wrote:
You answered absolutely perfectly. Bravo to you sir. I had a feeling there was something that'd be obvious to y'all that Zuffa's neglecting to mention. Sometimes it takes me a few reads on this board to understand what y'all are saying, but this one was transmitted in full comprehension.

I agree, lame card. I was taken aback at how quickly it sold, but I guess if your giving the tickets out like candy it's makes sense.

No kidding... I'm 20 years older than anybody on this site. All these teenage internet geeks with all their hipster online jargon never staying off of my lawn. Smile

goodnightirene

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:01 pm
sweden has the hottest chicks
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm
I've been to Sweden and I can attest to that (That Swedish girls are hot) . Bottom line this card is somewhat good but still falling below average of what a pride type level card should be.
KSW
KSW

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:I've been to Sweden and I can attest to that (That Swedish girls are hot) . Bottom line this card is somewhat good but still falling below average of what a pride type level card should be.
Lil Nog is something extra but most of the fights on the card aren´t more special than the fights on swedish Rumble of the Kings events. UFC should put on a couple of titlefights imo.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:35 pm
For the money the UFC is making, I think that they should put on a lot more fights with higher caliber fighters and marquee name fighters then this piece of shit effort.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum