GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

M-1 Grand Prix of heavyweights. Before start (video) Empty M-1 Grand Prix of heavyweights. Before start (video)

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:07 pm
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

M-1 Grand Prix of heavyweights. Before start (video) Empty Re: M-1 Grand Prix of heavyweights. Before start (video)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:00 am
Vadim : Where we got this idea from? I would say Pride FC. I remember the Grand Prix 2003 and the 2004 where Fedor was champion. Therefore, I've always wanted to run one of these tournament but never had the resources. However, now that we have the fighters, it is possible to run a Grand Prix.

Kenny Garner's opponent Konstantin Glukhov gained recognition after his fight with Alexander Emelianenko and showed us what he is capable of. He promisses the fans a great fight and wants to try his best.

The first round will take place April 9 where the first 4 fighters will compete on the same night in St.Petersburg.

Magomed Malikov is one of the 8 fighters who was supposed to face Jeff Monson until it was canceled due to Malikov sustaining an injury.

Malikov : I was told that I was going to fight a young fighter from Ukraine but It wasn't a fight I was interested in. I asked to for this fight to happen at a later date because this is a very important fight for me.

Vadim (about Sergei) : He already has a fight coming up in April in Japan and this is what prevented us from joining the Grand Prix. I know that he wants to work with us in the near future because he is interested in our shows and the Russian fans love him here.

The first round of the GP starts on Arpil 9 in St.Petersburg where Kenny Garner will face Konstantin Glukhov and Belarussian fighter Alexei Kudin and Frenchman Shaban Ka. The other half of the bracket will take place in Moscow on May 23rd and the semi final in the summer. The final takes place in the fall.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

M-1 Grand Prix of heavyweights. Before start (video) Empty Re: M-1 Grand Prix of heavyweights. Before start (video)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:35 am
so this is a strikeforce style GP, wish they would make a true PRIDE style GP.
wekka
wekka

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:38 am
Interesting comments on Kharitonov. Bit of a shame he couldn't have been included considering his interest in M-1
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:37 am
What April fight does Kharitonov have scheduled in Japan?

Is this the rumored DREAM event in May? I read Kawajiri/Takaya rumored fight in Japan as well possibly coming up soon.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:53 am
CDF47 wrote:What April fight does Kharitonov have scheduled in Japan?

Is this the rumored DREAM event in May? I read Kawajiri/Takaya rumored fight in Japan as well possibly coming up soon.

That or Glory but I doubt it will be Kickboxing after his last fight.
KSW
KSW

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:28 am
wekka wrote:Interesting comments on Kharitonov. Bit of a shame he couldn't have been included considering his interest in M-1
Maybe Kharitonov gets a titleshot against Garner. Everyone seems interested in fighting for M-1 now. They probably pay better than before.
KSW
KSW

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 am
ZuffaKiller wrote:
These guys are treated like superstars 8) The women are all over Malikov and Smoldarev
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:42 pm
Junkyard Log wrote:

Hope it's for DREAM & they still hold that event next month.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:35 am
CDF47 wrote:
Junkyard Log wrote:

Hope it's for DREAM & they still hold that event next month.

I really miss Dream and hopefully in the future M-1 brings Sergei in.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum