GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

KEN SHAMROCK PULLS OUT OF FIGHT WITH FREEMAN Empty KEN SHAMROCK PULLS OUT OF FIGHT WITH FREEMAN

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:47 pm
UK MMA fans have been excited at the prospect of seeing two MMA pioneers fight. Many will, no doubt, be left disappointed with the news that Ken Shamrock has pulled out of his fight with Ian Freeman on July 27th.

A former UFC super-fight champion and legend of mixed martial arts, Ken Shamrock was all set to face Ian Freeman in Doncaster later this month. Rumours had circulated around the internet that the fighter-turned pro wrestler-turned fighter again, was looking for a way out of the Freeman fight, including making ridiculous demands from the promotion.

Now it seems that the rumours have become a reality. An angry Ian Freeman took to his Facebook to address his fans on the situation.

“Well, everyone including myself, knew this fight was too good to be true as we know what a coward Shamrock is.

Not only is Shamrock a coward but he’s also a thief. He accepted the fight, demanded $5,000 upfront as a deposit of trust, of which was sent, and now refuses to return the money.

Not only has he demanded that money up front but also ask for his purse and ticket deal to be paid “before” he fights and this money to be sent to an American bank.

Shamrock you are fucking delusional? What promoter pays a fighter before he fights and with your track record of being a bum, I’m not surprised the promoter said no.

UCFC bent over backwards to stick to your Diva demands but you bitched about everything. Even to the fact that they were advertising your name to sell tickets. Thats what every show in the world does dumb Fuck. The fight was confirmed, and you signed and made a video signing the contract. Idiot.

You know I would have hurt you bad but you had to string everyone along after your WWE speech about wanting to fight me, so you had to play along with it. Now your making excuses saying the promoters are in breach of contract. Bullshit. You had no intentions of fighting me. Your a fake, a crook and a liar. You even made an interview about not fighting me yesterday “without” telling the promotion you pulled out. That just shows what a professional knob you are.

Your over and I hope the rest of the world see this and realise you’ve lost the plot, your an idiot and I hope your never hired for anything again.

As far as I’m concerned, I have been training hard and ready to fight anyone. A replacement is confirmed and will be announced very soon. A fighter a lot tougher than Spamcock, but hey, I’m here to fight. Win or lose that’s what I do.

I’m here to please My fans, not to let them down.

See you guys July 27th, Doncaster.

Ian “The Machine” Freeman.”

According to Ken Shamrock though, the promotion breached the contract for the fight. In an interview with mixedmartialarts.com, Shamrock said that he agreed terms with the promotion and four weeks later UCFC decided they wanted to change his agreed purse.

“Well that fight’s not happening. Unfortunately, like we just got done talking about promoters and things of that nature, that is exactly what happened. We put a contract together and we made a deal. They came back to me, probably after about four weeks, with the contract that we agreed upon and said that, “We don’t want to do that contract.” Ha-ha. I was just like, “Wait a minute. What did you say?” It’s like I’m from another world sometimes. It’s like, “You made a deal, but you don’t want it no more. You want to pay me less. Okay. That sounds great. Let’s just do it then.”

So that’s the stuff that I have to run into now that I’m kind of independent and doing my own thing. A lot of times I run into that, where people, what they do, which is what they’re doing on this, they put my name on the card. They try to sell tickets as much as they can. Then they’ll come back and say, “Well, listen, we can’t pay you this much,” and think that I’m going to go ahead and fight. Even if I don’t fight, they’ve already got those ticket sales and they’ll just blame it on me. They’ll say, “Shamrock is a no-show.”

Now I’ve got my work cut out for me to get that out there so that I can let people know that this was negotiated a long time ago, and these guys are in breach of contract, and they’re the ones not holding up their end of the bargain. So, like I said, now I have to do my due diligence to let my fans and other people realize that, hey, this is the kind of stuff that goes on. Most of the time I wouldn’t do that, but in this situation they keep selling tickets with me supposedly going to be there to fight. Then when I don’t show, they’re going to blame it on me.”

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news/ken-shamrock-pulls-out-of-fight-with-freeman/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum