GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Boxers Chisora and Klitschko involved in bar brawl Empty Boxers Chisora and Klitschko involved in bar brawl

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:40 pm
According to the Mirror, heavyweight boxers Dereck Chisora and Wladimir Klitschko were involved in an altercation when they ran into each other at an Ibiza nightclub last week. The pair apparently needed to be separated by security.

According to Chisora, he offered a hand to Klitschko who pulled him towards him before the pair were separated after a brief exchange of words.

'I saw Wladimir, we had a little conversation in a club, it wasn't a great conversation,' Chisora told ATG Radio.

'I walked in - David Guetta was playing - and he was sitting down and then got up. It was only when I got to my table and looked up he was behind me.

'So I got up and shook his hand and then we swapped words. I told him, "I'm coming for you."
This isn't the first time the pair have had issues. Last year in Munich, Chisora spat water in Klitschko's face in the ring just before his world heavyweight title fight with his brother Vitali. Chisora also created tension at weigh-ins by slapping his opponent during their staredown. Chisora went on to lose a unanimous decision to the WBC champion.

"They have history," Chisora's trainer Don Charles said. "But it was purely a coincidence that they bumped into each other during their holidays."

While Chisora's trainer seems to chalk the incident up to coincidence, ESPN UK seems to allude that the confrontation was manufactured, at least by Chisora.

"Given that only last week Chisora, in the aftermath of his win over Malik Scott, said he wanted to fight Vitali Klitschko, it seems too far fetched that the two just happened to take their holiday in the same area and be in the same nightclub in Ibiza at the same time."
ESPN's theory might have some legs. During his a post-fight press conference after dropping his title shot with Vitali Klitschko, Chisora was involved in another brawl with fellow heavyweight David Haye. What started as a back-and-forth spat between bristling rivals eventually led to a physical clash, ultimately seeing Chisora arrested the next morning by German police. The incident caused quite a stir in the boxing world, making the fight that much easier to sell. Chisora and Haye squared off just five months later for the vacant WBA Inter - Continental and WBO International Heavyweight titles. Haye went on to claim both titles in a TKO victory.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/30/4571964/boxers-dereck-chisora-wladimir-klitschko-involved-nightclub-brawl
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Boxers Chisora and Klitschko involved in bar brawl Empty Re: Boxers Chisora and Klitschko involved in bar brawl

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:56 am
lol

Chisora has wanted the Wladimir fight for a while. I can't blame him, as Wlad pulled out days before their scheduled contest a couple years back and it's a fight that'll line Chisora's pockets (although K2 often do not compensate their fighters well for voluntary defenses...).

Chisora has said publicly that he only wants "money fights" from now on, so I think he's looking to cash out. He got a very good win against Malik Scott recently. If he wants "money fights," he should stay away from the rematch with Scott, however, as Scott is still the superior fighter, I believe.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Boxers Chisora and Klitschko involved in bar brawl Empty Re: Boxers Chisora and Klitschko involved in bar brawl

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:17 am
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:lol

Chisora has wanted the Wladimir fight for a while. I can't blame him, as Wlad pulled out days before their scheduled contest a couple years back and it's a fight that'll line Chisora's pockets (although K2 often do not compensate their fighters well for voluntary defenses...).

Chisora has said publicly that he only wants "money fights" from now on, so I think he's looking to cash out. He got a very good win against Malik Scott recently. If he wants "money fights," he should stay away from the rematch with Scott, however, as Scott is still the superior fighter, I believe.

I don't think Chisora is looking to cash out. Maybe he feels like he has leverage to obtain profitable fights, but Chisora strikes me as a serious fighter who will be around for a bit. He hasn't exactly taken the easy road in his career. Fighters that look to cash out often have padded records.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum