GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

Ben Askren vs Andrey Koreshkov Fight Video - Bellator 97 Empty Ben Askren vs Andrey Koreshkov Fight Video - Bellator 97

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:25 am

fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Ben Askren vs Andrey Koreshkov Fight Video - Bellator 97 Empty Re: Ben Askren vs Andrey Koreshkov Fight Video - Bellator 97

Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:44 pm
Andrey you pooor idiot why would you face an Olympic calibur wrestler and not bring in someone to help with wrestling..

While his striking is good he's far from a ko artist it was a bad call.I'm not sure he would have beat askren because of a wrestler in camp but he would have hsf experience in the positions and could have been more game.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Ben Askren vs Andrey Koreshkov Fight Video - Bellator 97 Empty Re: Ben Askren vs Andrey Koreshkov Fight Video - Bellator 97

Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:59 pm
fka wrote:Andrey you pooor idiot why would you face an Olympic calibur wrestler and not bring in someone to help with wrestling..

While his striking is good he's far from a ko artist it was a bad call.I'm not sure he would have beat askren because of a wrestler in camp but he would have hsf experience in the positions and could have been more game.

Laughing So what about his striking in that fight makes you think he is 'far' from a knockout artist. Nice observation.

Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 pm
fka wrote:Andrey you pooor idiot why would you face an Olympic calibur wrestler and not bring in someone to help with wrestling..

I hope you like making well-informed opinions before stating some of the things you've said re: Minakov after this single last fight.

By looking at Overeem's last fight I thought he'd never make K-1 or he was a joke about any talk surrounding a K-1 WGP championship.

How may fights of Minakov's have you watch in full fka?

Do you know was technical means regarding striking, TD's, throws, trips or grappling in a fight?

Until you stop to avoiding responding to this post below post on the other thread... I'm gonna I'm gonna dog you on this relentlessly. And I will.

Watch all the fights and then defend you assertions fka. Pretty simple. I'll be back.

Dagwood wrote:
fka wrote:Minakov sambo is solid but not complete his takedowns are good but predictable and you definantely see the difference in his sport sambo compared to combat sambo he doesn't use strikes to get close or setup takedowns.

I like minakov but he's not ready for elite level guys yet.

Wasn't until the 3rd was he able to keep Martinez down and I like he went for finish but he had too as it would have been a draw possibly even a win fir Martinez(judging =impossible to predict)

Comparing minakovs ground control vs askren isn't close

1) askren takes you down right away keeps you there the whole fight and there's nothing you can do to even get into guard.

Minakov looked great against the gassed Martinez but the first 2 he couldn't get him down and when he did it was short lived.

2) askren has great level changes and takedown technique period.he can shoot quick and snatch a leg or simply telegraph it and still get the takedown not sure I've ever seen him fail.

Minakov possesses great sambo but he still is figuring how to use it properly with better head movement and using strikes to setup takedowns he could be deadly but for now he has some glaring holes.

You should watch a lot of Minakov's fights in full. Your assessment on a lot of his game & skill-level TD'ing and ground control are off IMO. Against Martinez everything he looked really flat. Not the guy below of in his other fights. The guy had an off night. Even GSP or Anderson has had those. Minakov's other fights and his grappling pedigree with Sport Sambo & world-class Judo simply do not lie. 

While he's nowhere near the striker Fedor was, he's a better stronger grappler. I'm not saying submissions yet. But his wrestling control is phenomenal. Fedor never approached this. His GnP is very good. Very good. 

TD's are too predicate??? He doesn't set up TD's closing the distance with big punches that land to clinch , single-leg/double-legs, or clinch to Judo trips or throws??? I don't think so. You're judging one fight. 

Watch all of his fights and then come back with your stances on some of the things you said here.

Minakov does not look flat or off below... Nor did he in his other fights. Nor did he look like he had anything to work on but his striking technically. You can't learn the raw power he has though. It will only get better with his striking technique. One of his punches has... and will continue to end a lot of his fights.

Askren and GSP have proven you don't have to demonstrate great striking , or any, in a fight to become a champion and dominate. At HW Vitaly already has the kind of ground/wrestling/GnP skills to utilize the same type Askren/GSP strategy. Only he 'will' and pound out a whole lot of HW's on the ground. The difference is GSP pounding out a lot of people on the ground... that ain't gonna happen. Askren if he continues with what he showed last night won't do that either.

Watch this fight and then all of the other fights I posted and see if your assessment is the same fka.

See the rest here... https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t7456-vitaly-minakov-fight-vids-interviews-career-highlights#52370
fka
fka

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:22 pm
What I'm saying is before fight he was talking throwing kneese and punches to stop askrens takedown I think he only landed like 3 or 4 shots non of which were that powerful.

Also in his other fights while his striking has looked great he isn't necessarily a one hit ko artist to where you can plan on fighting a world class grappler with trying to catch him coming in.

Huge mistake IMO while I never thought he would win he surely lowered his chances by not bringing in a high level wrestler don't know what his camp was thinking...
Fairweather

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 pm
pure domination and very entertaining to watch.
fka
fka

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 pm
I have seen 4 of minakovs fights including his time in bellator.

My analysis is always pretty brutal as these are supposed to be top flight guys who show up every fight.

For me minakovs fight with Martinez is equal to fedor vs Rogers

Minakov should have out grappled him not just when he gassed.his striking head movement and timing in particular looked bad.

Much like fedor tho he won the fight it pointed out serious holes.

Yeah it only one fight but I'm commenting on what I've seen in bellator he kod sparks but lets be real sparks isn't a top level striker.

What I've seen outside of bellator has been great but he hasn't shown that in bellator yet.

He still has great potential but he's nit worthy of fedor comparison but then again no one is.
fka
fka

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:42 pm
Oh not avoiding shit I'm a very busy dude and this is a topic that would require more then a glance at my phone haha.

Yeah I know what technique is LOL
I saw little of it in minakovs striking defense or half of his takedowns.

Now lets be clear I'm not hating I'm just bringing everyone back to reality he isn't the next fedor.....does that mean he's bad no it just means he needs to live up to his hype before I go GaGa.
fka
fka

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 pm
Where the hell is Mr Willie? Am I the only one who thinks this?,
wekka
wekka

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:48 pm
Askren RULEZ.
fka
fka

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:56 pm
+1
Adax

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:50 pm
It was too early for Koreshkov to be fighting for the belt, at 22 he's no where near his prime.

The only reason I'd call Koreshkov an idiot though is for trying to touch gloves again after the first round. He literally stole striking time away from himself doing that.

Oh yeah +2 for the Askren RULEZ train.
fka
fka

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:41 am
+1 for the touching gloves I don't think he was too young he earned it but he just didn't train properly.

He did good first two takedown attempts had he been training wrestling or subs he may have pulled off a sub or sweep or been able to sit up LOL.

He's still one if my favorite prospects in mma just was a little naive in training.
fka
fka

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:42 pm
Hey dag I responded ..........
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum