GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... Empty Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:08 am
*Updated for November 4th 2013

Russia vs UFC/SF (USA/BRA mainly)
Khabib Nurmagomedov 4–0
Rustam Khabilov 2–0
Adlan Amagov 5–1
Ali Bagautinov 1-0
Azamat Gashimov 0–2
Total Record: 12-3

Russia vs Bellator (USA/BRA mainly)
Frodo Khasbulaev 5–0
Alexander Volkov 3–0
Vitaly Minakov 3–0
Alexander Shlemenko 9–1
Andrey Koreshkov 5–1
Shahbulat Shamhalaev 3–1
Alexander Sarnavskiy 4–1
Mikhail Zayats 3–1
Vyacheslav Vasilevsky 1–1
Total Record: 37-6

Russia vs the World in the 2 biggest MMA organizations: 49-9 (82% Win Rate)

Last edited by Dagwood on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:00 am; edited 2 times in total
wekka
wekka

Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... Empty Re: Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 am
40-8, now.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... Empty Re: Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more...

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:44 am
wekka wrote:40-8, now.
Ahaha... I forgot to add Ali 'B'. I will edit. Laughing 

KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:15 am
Russian fighters are highly underrated, especially in america.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:43 am
I'm not surprised by these numbers. Russians always had an excellent if not superior work ethic in sports such as Greco Roman Wrestling, Weightlifting, etc These are people who fight to stop at nothing in order to achieve something.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:15 pm
Russians are on a tear for sure in MMA.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:23 pm
Russian fighters just have a special quality to them...a gritty toughness that is special to them maybe it is the cold Russian landscape or the tuff old school training
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:01 am
*Updated for November 4th 2013

Khabib Nurmagomedov 4–0
Rustam Khabilov 2–0
Adlan Amagov 5–1
Ali Bagautinov 1-0
Azamat Gashimov 0–2

Frodo Khasbulaev 5–0
Alexander Volkov 3–0
Vitaly Minakov 3–0
Alexander Shlemenko 9–1
Andrey Koreshkov 5–1
Shahbulat Shamhalaev 3–1
Alexander Sarnavskiy 4–1
Mikhail Zayats 3–1

Mikal
Mikal

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:47 am
Dagwood wrote:*Updated for November 4th 2013

Khabib Nurmagomedov 4–0
Rustam Khabilov 2–0
Adlan Amagov 5–1
Ali Bagautinov 1-0
Azamat Gashimov 0–2

Frodo Khasbulaev 5–0
Alexander Volkov 3–0
Vitaly Minakov 3–0
Alexander Shlemenko 9–1
Andrey Koreshkov 5–1
Shahbulat Shamhalaev 3–1
Alexander Sarnavskiy 4–1
Mikhail Zayats 3–1

Khabib is 5-0 Wink
Mikal
Mikal

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:55 am
And what about Akop and Siver? Siver adds quite a few wins to the UFC section and unfortunately Akop adds a 1-4 to Bellator despite being a badass. While Siver and Akop may represent other nations (Germany and Armenia) more so than Russia, the same could be said about a lot of these guys and Chechnya and Dagestan.

(points brought up from me sharing your list on Sherdog. full credit given, of course Wink )
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:16 pm
Mikal wrote:And what about Akop and Siver? Siver adds quite a few wins to the UFC section and unfortunately Akop adds a 1-4 to Bellator despite being a badass. While Siver and Akop may represent other nations (Germany and Armenia) more so than Russia, the same could be said about a lot of these guys and Chechnya and Dagestan.

(points brought up from me sharing your list on Sherdog. full credit given, of course Wink)
Akop was born in Armenia & is an ethnic Armenian. Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Armenia.svgArmenia is not a Russian republic, it is an independent state. I'm not sure if he should be considered Russian as Igor is not considered Russian. Igor is considered Ukrainian by most in MMA even though Ukraine was a part of the communist Soviet Union at the time. Same with Arlovski in Belarus or the Klitschkos in Ukraine. So, I handled Akop the way that most all in MMA (most sports media/fans) handle this issue. For some reason Fedor is an anomaly (Alex born in Stary Oskol). What do you think???

Siver it would seem was an oversight cause I thought of his a German. Seems he is an ethnic-German born in Omsk, Russia which also was in the Soviet Union of the time but today it is in the country of Russia. Interestingly enough this is my heritage on my mother's side although they fled the southern the Volgograd region at  the beginning of the revolution. My grandmas fathers & 4 brothers were taken into their field and shot. The Bolsheviks confiscated all their land, their home, and all their possessions. My grandma, her sisters, & my great grandma where forced to flee on foot with no food, no water, no money, and only the clothes on their back.

My grandma was the only one of her family to make it alive out of Russia. Almost everyone else either died being marched hundreds of miles to Siberia, or died mainly of starvation doing forced labor in the gulags. Deadanimal who was born in Chechnya told me that Volgo-German (Catholic) and Chechnyans (Muslims) were great friends (wo!) as both groups were persecuted greatly and suffered mass genocide at the hands of Bolsheviks and later Stalin.

I'm sure that like my family Siver would consider himself German. What do you think about this Mikal???

There's no getting around the Chechyn's and Dagestani's. Russian/Soviet Union yesterday, Russian Republic today.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 pm
Anyone born in Russia, who speaks and writes fluently is considered a Russian in my books. Even if their parents are foreign.
SRC
SRC

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:56 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:I'm not surprised by these numbers. Russians always had an excellent if not superior work ethic in sports such as Greco Roman Wrestling, Weightlifting, etc These are people who fight to stop at nothing in order to achieve something.
Ermm... No. I disagree with that statement 100%. "Superior" is relative and I don't think you can qualify or quantify that statement.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:09 am
SRC wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:I'm not surprised by these numbers. Russians always had an excellent if not superior work ethic in sports such as Greco Roman Wrestling, Weightlifting, etc These are people who fight to stop at nothing in order to achieve something.
Ermm... No. I disagree with that statement 100%. "Superior" is relative and I don't think you can qualify or quantify that statement.
I can qualify 'and' quantify that statement.

Here are the numbers I put together in early 2012... You young guys may not be aware of this, and there is a whole lot of revisonist history that goes on among unaware young sports fans (mainly American).

To set the record straight from a guy who has been around to witness the 1968 Olympics until today.The USSR/Unified Olympic teams completely and utterly dominated the USA and the world in Olympic competition. Both Summer and Winter Olympic domination. Many times they would out-do the USA or other second-place countries by 20 or 30 medals, There is no precedent for this performance nor has there been since since the break up of the Soviet Union. It is hard to think that any one country will dominated the Olympics games the way the USSR did for 40 years and 20+ Olympics. Especially both summer and winter Olympics together. Who will repeat this... the US?... China??? Not much chance of that.

How would the USA do today it lost 20 or 30 states and 100M people? That is in essence what happened to the USSR. Many of it's states separated and they lost a huge portion of their Olympic capability. They still are a top country though with only half or a tenth of their top 2 opponents.

*USSR/Russia could not compete in the modern Olympics for 40 years, in which the USA  did, due to wars revolution & famine.

Population
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... Sovietflagicon USSR/Russia: 200M+
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg USA: 300M+

Olympic Overall Medal Wins - USSR/Unified Team vs USA - 1952-1994

Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... SovietflagiconUSSR/Russia (20) vs Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg  USA (3) 

USSR/Unified Team/Russia vs USA - Total Medals All-Time

Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... Sovietflagicon USSR/Russia (1074) vs Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg  USA (821)

USSR/Russian Olympic medals counts could very well be up to double what they are today if they'd have competed for the 40 years of Olympics they missed. The USA as it sits is outdone by a lot. If they did compete during those 40 years the USA would look silly vs them.

A few examples...

1988 Summer Olympics - Seoul, South Korea medal table
[th]Rank[/th][th]Nation[/th][th]Gold[/th][th]Silver[/th][th]Bronze[/th][th]Total[/th]
1Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg Soviet Union (URS)553146132
2Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_East_Germany.svg East Germany (GDR)373530102
3Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg United States (USA)36312794
4Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg South Korea (KOR)12101133
5Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg West Germany (FRG)11141540
6Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg Hungary (HUN)116623
7Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Bulgaria_%281971-1990%29.svg Bulgaria (BUL)10121335
8Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Romania_%281965-1989%29.svg Romania (ROU)711624
9Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_France.svg France (FRA)64616
10Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg Italy (ITA)64414
1988 Winter Olympics - Calgary medal table
[th]Rank[/th][th]Nation[/th][th]Gold[/th][th]Silver[/th][th]Bronze[/th][th]Total[/th]
1Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg Soviet Union (URS)119929
2Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_East_Germany.svg East Germany (GDR)910625
3Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg Switzerland (SUI)55515
4Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Finland.svg Finland (FIN)4127
5Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg Sweden (SWE)4026
6Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Austria.svg Austria (AUT)35210
7Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg Netherlands (NED)3227
8Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg West Germany (FRG)2428
9Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg United States (USA)2136
10Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg Italy (ITA)2125
13Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg Canada (CAN)0235
Unified Team (after USSR fell)
[th][/th][th][/th]
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Armenia.svg Armenia*ARM
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Azerbaijan.svg AzerbaijanAZE
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Belarus_%281991-1995%29.svg Belarus*BLR
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Georgia_%281990-2004%29.svg GeorgiaGEO
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Kazakhstan.svg Kazakhstan*KAZ
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Kyrgyzstan.svg KyrgyzstanKGZ
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Moldova.svg MoldovaMDA
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Russia_%281991-1993%29.svg Russia*RUS
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Tajik_SSR.svg TajikistanTJK
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Turkmenistan.svg TurkmenistanTKM
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg Ukraine*UKR
Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 23px-Flag_of_Uzbekistan.svg Uzbekistan*UZB
1992 Summer Olympics - Barcelona, Spain medal table
1Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Olympic_flag.svg Unified Team453829112
2Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg United States373437108
3Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg Germany33212882
4Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg China16221654
5Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg Cuba1461131
6Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg Spain137222
7Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg South Korea1251229
8Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg Hungary1112730
9Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_France.svg France851629
10Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg Australia791127
1994 Winter Olympics - Lillehammer, Norway medal table
[th] Rank [/th][th]Nation[/th][th]Gold[/th][th]Silver[/th][th]Bronze[/th][th]Total[/th]
1Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Russia.svg Russia118423
2Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Norway.svg Norway1011526
3Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Germany.svg Germany97824
4Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg Italy75820
5Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg United States65213
6Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg South Korea4116
7Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg Canada36413
8Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg Switzerland3429
9Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Austria.svg Austria2349
10Russian's are killing vs the UFC, Bellator, USA, Brazil, & more... 22px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg Sweden2103
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:34 am
Not seeing the point of any of the aforementioned information.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 am
The point is, Russia and the former republics of the USSR had & still have some of the greatest Olympians the world has ever seen.
SRC
SRC

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 pm
My point isn't about whether or not they produce great athletes. America also produces many great athletes, and we also have a ton of sports where our elite athletes go, and not the Olympics. We have more world branded athletes than Russia does. It's hard to compare when you're only using the Olympics. Now, if we also look that Bellator and the UFC will only pick up the best prospects from these countries. That means for all the shit they pick up on America, they don't invest i the shit of Russia, Lithuania and so on. There are way too many variables at play here. I think it's pretty even on American and Russian front (whites) but I'd give the edge to American overall because we also have another culture that's prominent in our society which is blacks. Not to mention we don't push athletics to those with money, and America's quality of life is a definitive representation of our lack of need to produce athletes to escape poverty. Russian has on of the lowest rated qualities of life, and that's usually where the "best athletes" come from. Poorer, less established backgrounds.

RussianTopTeam wrote:The point is, Russia and the former republics of the USSR had & still have some of the greatest Olympians the world has ever seen.
I agree, but I'm not willing to make statements that they work harder or are overall better.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum