GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Daniel weichel signs with bellator Empty Daniel weichel signs with bellator

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm
Source: theflyingkneemma.com

Daniel weichel signs with bellator Daniel_weichel

Bellator Fighting Championships has announced the addition of German prospect Daniel Weichel to their bolstering featherweight division. Arguably in the organization deepest division, Weichel will be surrounded by proven fighters such as Pat Curran, Daniel Straus, Patricio Pitbull, Diego Nunes, and Frodo Khasbulaev.

The European fighter is 28 years old with a 31-8 professional record. Seven of his last eight wins have come via stoppage (5 Subs, 2 TKO/KOs) and he is currently riding a three-fight win streak, all of which were finished before the third round. The German will take part in the 2014 featherweight tournament.

“It´s like a dream come true fighting for Bellator MMA,” Weichel said. “I can´t wait to enter the cage and begin the toughest tournament out there. Fighting in the US and live on Spike TV is a thrill; so I will go out there to make my team at MMA Spirit and the greatest fans in the world as proud. I always wanted to compete with the best fighters and I can do just that at Bellator. My hard work has paid off and you will get to see another beast at featherweight, I can promise that.”

Already a fan favorite in Europe, the former lightweight standout is ready to make his presence felt stateside, and continue his winning ways inside the Bellator cage. After moving from welterweight to lightweight in 2009, Weichel has gone 13-2, including victories over Khasbulaev, Georgi Stoyanov, and Jose Figueroa.

“Since our inception, we’ve strived to bring in the best talent from around the world, and Daniel certainly fits that bill,” Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney said. “We’ve had our eye on Daniel for quite some time so we’re all excited to get Daniel into our next Featherweight Tournament.”
wekka
wekka

Daniel weichel signs with bellator Empty Re: Daniel weichel signs with bellator

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 pm
Great addition to what is arguably their best division.
Adax

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm
Nice signing! One of Germany's best, I wish him the best at 145.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:38 pm
Nice signing. Bellator really have some great international scouts.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:55 pm
Great signing for Bellator.
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:26 am
Great for Bellator but a loss for M-1 since Bellator signs fighters to exclusive contracts.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum