GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dorch
Dorch

Mike Zambidis will not fight in K-1 GP explains himself  / Talks about Glory,K-1 and other promotions Empty Mike Zambidis will not fight in K-1 GP explains himself / Talks about Glory,K-1 and other promotions

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Today Greek interview from lordofrings.gr translated by yours truly
http://www.lordofrings.gr/index.php?mid=news_details&newsID=11993&view=kick

1. About the reasons for the sudden departure from K-1 (combined after what happened with Roqueni, Groenhart & Kyshenko)

My exit from the qualifiers in Mallorca, is based due to the economic inconsistency and constant defaults to the maximum extent of the part of the organizers to what we had agreed, even just a few days before the qualifiers in Spain, although on my part I showed good willingness and confidence and did not withdraw from the outset as did other well-known athletes.

I find it very important to be able to work with people who show respect and professionalism in labors, the sacrifices and the course of an athlete.

It's something new and it saddens me immeasurably, that in essence, forces me not to take part in this GP even though I've prepared, I've dreamed of it and I wanted to compete.

I am very fit and well prepared for this fight and from what I've seen, there are several positive omens plus that the draw was also very favorable with a fighter who has little experience in the big leagues and competitions.

2. On their collaboration with K-1

I think K-1 is the story of the kickboxing world beyond the great athletes that have suffered losses so far, due to economic and not only inconsistency and economic problems going through, I hope soon they will be able to settle the large debts to the fighters, who have supported K-1 so many years with their sweat and blood, and with them too we can find the point of contact for future events.

Finally, I should like to emphasize that K-1 has already made a proposal for renewal of my contract because they wanted to finish my career in their organization , that is of course if we can fix the differences between us.

3. On if he had offers from Glory

From Glory has i had some proposals for some time, but I chose to participate in and support the K-1 which considered the biggest and most historic event in the field of Kick Boxing.

4. On what is happening with W5, Legend and Superkombat

I am pleased especially you ask about this because in December the W5 world title trophy will be on the line with a rematch with Batu Khasikov in Russia.

With Legend we are in contact with the organizer to participate in some competitions and I was even invited to the upcoming Legend of November, where we will have the opportunity to discuss with him more specifically.

With Superkombat, cooperation started well a few days ago in Bucharest Romania by winning against the Turkish athlete and bringing our country the 71 kg world title .
Adax

Mike Zambidis will not fight in K-1 GP explains himself  / Talks about Glory,K-1 and other promotions Empty Re: Mike Zambidis will not fight in K-1 GP explains himself / Talks about Glory,K-1 and other promotions

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:55 pm
Dude thanks for translating!

That's a big hit to the upcoming K-1 event, Zambidis is basically always a guaranteed good fight. The same song and dance about K-1, their investors and organizers flopping around as usual.

Maybe Zambidis could maybe renegotiate with K-1's propsals but it's good he seems to have work and solid opportunities lined up elsewhere. He'd be a great addition to Legend.
wekka
wekka

Mike Zambidis will not fight in K-1 GP explains himself  / Talks about Glory,K-1 and other promotions Empty Re: Mike Zambidis will not fight in K-1 GP explains himself / Talks about Glory,K-1 and other promotions

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:16 pm
While it sucks to lose such a marketable name, this just makes more room for someone else to possibly make their name off of this tournament.

Still remains a great grand prix.
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:18 pm
Too bad but it will still be a great event.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum