GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SRC
SRC

Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC Empty Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 am
https://twitter.com/subzeromma/status/384505308347105280

I don't know how credible the link is, but it's probably legit! Let's hope he can crash into a title shot and take it the world by storm!

Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC BJIun1O
wekka
wekka

Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC Empty Re: Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 pm
Fantastic.

It's a shame that JMMA lost their two brightest stars to the UFC, but can you blame them when the money is elsewhere?

Don't see Choi beating Aldo at this point but I look forward to see him prove me wrong. Should go against someone like Lamas or Swanson, honestly.
KSW
KSW

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:53 pm
Wekka why do you say fantastic?
wekka
wekka

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm
I want Choi to fight the best Featherweights and they're in the UFC currently.
adam
adam

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:02 pm
Good for the UFC but a little disappointed to see him leave the JMMA scene.

One of my favorite up and comers. There were rumors that he signed back over the summer but I never heard anything else of it.

His win over Shoji Maruyama at DEEP Cage Impact was a complete war.

He's got some holes but he's only 22 so he has plenty of time to improve and make waves.

Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC Doo-ho-choi-zombie
KSW
KSW

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm
wekka wrote:I want Choi to fight the best Featherweights and they're in the UFC currently.
By your logic all good fighters would sign with UFC. I want all good fighters to stay away from UFC so other promotions can grow and put on great fights.
wekka
wekka

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:33 pm
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:I want Choi to fight the best Featherweights and they're in the UFC currently.
By your logic all good fighters would sign with UFC. I want all good fighters to stay away from UFC so other promotions can grow and put on great fights.
It's different for Asians. There's this stigma that they can't win a championship on North American soil. Right now, these JMMA organizations believe this is the best way for their fighters to grow and therefore, allow JMMA to grow exponentially. Why else do you think every major JMMA promotion are utilizing cages in more events? Because they want to compete with the Americans again. Pancrase's Bayside Fights are doing an excellent job of doing that with their amateurs.

It's clear as day that the best place to be for Choi is in the UFC. He's pretty much cleaned up the entire Featherweight division of DEEP outside of Yokota. Aoki is stuck in ONE, Kawajiri is doing god knows what with his career, Miyata is a freelancer whose contract is far too large for any current JMMA promotion to sign exclusively, and Takaya is on the downward slope of his career. On top of that, Choi never seemed to interested in fighting in Pancrase and Shooto, because their 145 divisions are pretty lacking, especially sad in Shooto's case since it practically birthed the Featherweight division we know today.

Most of all, his exposure is limited outside of the UFC. Bellator would've also been a great place to end up at but they have absolutely no exposure in South Korea and vice versa. The UFC's presence in South Korea is undeniable, especially considering the fairly recent signings of Lim and Kang.

There's plenty of room for growth of the sport elsewhere.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm
Wekka owns..... Smile

Sad to say but jmma has no money for talent and ufc has the best guys no contest.

Guys aren't going to stay in small orgs with no money just to grow the sport when they can make way more and grow the name of jmma by beating the best.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
KSW
KSW

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 pm
fka wrote:Wekka owns..... Smile

Sad to say but jmma has no money for talent and ufc has the best guys no contest.

Guys aren't going to stay in small orgs with no money just to grow the sport when they can make way more and grow the name of jmma by beating the best.
I´m sure you would be super happy if UFC signed every fighter on the G-MMA Rankings.
Adax

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm
adam wrote:Good for the UFC but a little disappointed to see him leave the JMMA scene.

One of my favorite up and comers. There were rumors that he signed back over the summer but I never heard anything else of it.

His win over Shoji Maruyama at DEEP Cage Impact was a complete war.

He's got some holes but he's only 22 so he has plenty of time to improve and make waves.

Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC Doo-ho-choi-zombie
His striking defense is pretty shit, Choi really needs to figure it out. Guys at the top level like Curran, Pitbull, Aldo, Mendes, etc., would KO him easy.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:06 pm
Lmao ksw don't be so touchy ....

I would love to see some guys go to ufc but its for 2 reasons....

1)so guys can make more money
2) fight the best in the world and win to show talent isn't just in ufc.

It hurts to say but its true ufc has like 60-70% of best guys.

The 30 or so percent can win in ufc and be top guys but we wont Kno until they fight top ranked guys.

Ufc has a lot of interchangeable guys in mid and lower ranks that can be replaced with any mid or lower ranked guys from any org.

The thought that ufc has best guys from top to bottom is completely exaggerated. But the idea that ufcs top 10 in each division is mostly better is true.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
wekka
wekka

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:19 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:His striking defense is pretty shit, Choi really needs to figure it out. Guys at the top level like Curran, Pitbull, Aldo, Mendes, etc., would KO him easy.
I don't agree with that at all. While his defense is pretty mediocre, he's got a tough durable chin. SHOJI is nowhere near pillow fisted.
SRC
SRC

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:20 pm
KSW wrote:

I´m sure you would be super happy if UFC signed every fighter on the G-MMA Rankings.
They'd finally get to face consistent mid to high level competition to justify those rankings. I'm all for us supporting world wide MMA. In fact, it's crucial. However it's not our jobs to promote the fighters and cards. It's the promoters. So until you or I are promoters all we can do is worry about good exposure, all we can do is e-mail and request little things from the promoter. Let's not pretend that there is a huge Middleweight talent pool out there. All the talent right now is in Featherweight and Bantamweight.

KSW
KSW

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:31 pm
Fka i dont like the ufc version of the sport and i dont want them to have any top fighters. Things need to change and fans need to start supporting promotions who have a better approach to the sport. Im looking forward to the day when the top guys leave ufc. It will happen sooner or later.
SRC
SRC

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm
KSW wrote:Fka i dont like the ufc version of the sport and i dont want them to have any top fighters. Things need to change and fans need to start supporting promotions who have a better approach to the sport. Im looking forward to the day when the top guys leave ufc. It will happen sooner or later.
Promoters need to start putting together cards that fans need to give a crap about. I don't even care about 80% of the crap the UFC has for us.

KSW
KSW

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:40 pm
If fans stop giving money to zuffa and give it to better promotions plus stop supporting zuffa and discuss other promotions the mma scene could change quickly. The media also need to stop licking zuffas ass. Its just a promotion for gods sake not a sport or a league.
SRC
SRC

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm
Again, you're not looking at it correctly my friend. You're blinding yourself to your wants. If MMA as a whole is to grow, it's about the promoters. It's not like the UFC was the only show in the USA when they were bought out by Zuffa. Strikeforce was giving us damn good cards are were catching fire when they sold. It's not impossible, but people don't want to gamble or do the work necessary to get to the top. It's not the fans fault. It's the promoters.

The media supports the UFC because it's the only promotion with mainstream attraction at this point. It's not about the hardcore fans. It's about getting your average Joe to buy into your company.

KSW
KSW

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm
Other promotions put on great cards all the time but they get no support from the brainwashed fans. Zuffas has been using shady tactics to get where they are today but luckily global mma is here to make the sport better. Keep the faith brothers!
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:20 pm
SRC wrote:
KSW wrote:

They'd finally get to face consistent mid to high level competition to justify those rankings. I'm all for us supporting world wide MMA. In fact, it's crucial. However it's not our jobs to promote the fighters and cards. It's the promoters. So until you or I are promoters all we can do is worry about good exposure, all we can do is e-mail and request little things from the promoter. Let's not pretend that there is a huge Middleweight talent pool out there. All the talent right now is in Featherweight and Bantamweight.
Man... do you even know why the site was founded. Do you understand the role that 'just' KSW/Johan & myself have played for the last decade or so on the major UFC-centered MMA forums. Do you understand that the core founding members & many other members have much the same role elsewhere.

To give you a bit better understanding here is my welcome message to new members. I guess I've been a bit lax with getting it out as of late. It includes our mission & our vision. This is 'not' any typical MMA forum. Aside from the Worldwide MMA focus, it is far from that...

Dagwood wrote:Hey __________!
I haven't had a chance to welcome you to Global-MMA yet. I'm not sure if you were aware of this but G-MMA is not your run of the mill English speaking MMA sight. In fact, were quite a bit different we are about All MMA, ALL MMA orgs, & ALL MMA fighters worldwide. The site is politically opposed to Zuffa the 'business' entity and it's ownership Dana, Lorena Fertitta, and Frank Fertitta lll. Simple as that.

Ideologically it's sort of like in US politics where there are Republican discussion forums and then there are Democrat forums. Two different spectrums of political opinion GENERALLY speaking. One 'some' issues there may be common ground but on most there are substantial differences. Democrats might not feel comfortable on Republican forums... and Republicans might not feel comfortable on Democrat forums. The cool part is that people in the middle of those two may feel comfortable, "for the most part", on either site.

All members at both types of MMA-political viewpoint forums (UFC focused or here) need to have extremely THICK SKINS when posting opinions that are opposed politically to the founding ideology of either type of forum site. Even if a forum member sits in the middle on most issues, they need to be aware that they will get a very defensive response to posts that are opposed to the ideology of each forum and to the political ideology of the vaaaaaast majority of the members there.

So with that in mind...

----------

This is my normal spiel for new members...

Hey __________!

I want to give you a bit of an idea about the place. We follow worldwide MMA, all orgs, & all fighters. We are not UFC-centered here. You should never be trolled or bashed for posting about non-UFC things. This is a troll-free zone and we want to keep it that way.

We do follow UFC fighters and their fights here because we luv ALL MMA everywhere it is fought no matter the organization.

Global-MMA was founded to focus on world-wide MMA and to be a bastion of resistance to Zuffa itself, some of the UFC business practices, and the ownership of the UFC. A sort of ground-zero MMA occupy movement that resists a single company and its owner's relentless attempts to control major worldwide professional mixed martial arts. 

Global-MMA was also founded as a safe-haven for members to speak out freely against Zuffa, Dana, Frank, Lorenzo & the UFC business itself if they chose without fear of being attacked and bashed.

The original members of this site have faced a lot of persecution and pretty nasty treatment at the major UFC-centric/UFC-only sites. We are all independent thinking fans of MMA. Not just "UFC" as 90%++ of people that called themselves "MMA fans" are. They're only fans of the UFC promotion and it's brand of MMA. They form their opinions about the sport based on what the UFC, Zuffa management, and a UFC-based media that relies on access to the company to feed their families... tells them. Not a lot of balanced information coming out of that. For sure there is nothing independent or balanced on the MMA press side of things.

G-MMA is aligned the opposite MMA-socio-politically to Zuffa, the UFC, Frank, Lorenzo & Dana. Not opposite to UFC fighters but to the people that run it and the business of the UFC. Some of us in fact are their biggest critics on the internet.

It is important to note that 'all' of our members aren't as politically opposed to Zuffa as most here. Some are indifferent and some support them on different issues. All posts here are up for debate. Just like when most of us were at other UFC-based sites supporting other worldwide organizations & fighters outside the UFC... support for Dana, the Fertittas or Zuffa on different issues will face strong opinions from the opposite side of the fence. Just like we had to at the UFC-centered sites... those members have to grow a bit of a thick skin. Opposites views will not get name calling or member bashing here though... EVER!

New members just need to understand that many of us here have been conditioned to be very defensive when we feel the Zuffa machine & it's ownership have unfairly attacked or unfairly portrayed non-Zuffa fighters, past Zuffa fighters, current Zuffa fighters, competitor organizations, or any other things.

Must reads...

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t134-forum-rules-must-read
https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t706-proof-fertitta-family-is-100-yr-old-mafia-family-not-just-ties

Great to have you here.  cheers 

Dagwood
Admin

Last edited by Dagwood on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.global-mma.com/

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:07 pm
SRC wrote:However it's not our jobs to promote the fighters and cards. It's the promoters. So until you or I are promoters all we can do is worry about good exposure, all we can do is e-mail and request little things from the promoter.
I think you need to understand that this site and it's membership are indeed one of the big reasons that international fighters and international organizations are getting much more exposure on the major forums in the English speaking world. Our rankings and all the great fighters and orgs within are promoted on all the major sites by posting and starting discussion of global MMA.

We also have many members of our team that do international fighter expose's that focus on fighters by country, region, or international organization and post, promote, & educate forum members on sites like Sherdog, the UG, etc. We turn many people on to worldwide MMA & international fighters who they would never have exposure to a lot of them without us. We get thousand and thousands of MMA fans from all over the world looking for international fighter information/event information/fight videos/& more.

We also regularly get fighters, promotions, managers, and fighter sponsors looking to us to help them through our contact section of the site. We get organizations asking for international prospect lists. We get managers asking how and where to watch their American or Brazilian fighter fight in Moscow. We get big time fighters wanting to keep an eye on fighters internationally and to help keep them informed about possible worldwide organizations for them in the future. These guys keep it on the down low because of our political opposition to the Zuffa and the Zuffa brass.

G-MMA 'is' the biggest promoter of international MMA on the internet. There is no doubt to that statement.

Lastly, we get Zuffa people here regularly to see what where doing. Occasionally we get threatening communications from their law firms or they somehow miraculously get the forum hosting company to delete the 100 year old mafia family stickied thread. Including this incarnation of it... it has close to 40K views. Dana's mom herself tweeted that she liked it...

Doo Ho Choi signs with the UFC June_t10

...and the speaker of the Nevada state legislature who is also vice chair of commerce and labor for Nevada signed up for the site. I'm sure this thread is what caught her eye. She has yet to post though.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm
KSW wrote:Other promotions put on great cards all the time but they get no support from the brainwashed fans. Zuffas has been using shady tactics to get where they are today but luckily global mma is here to make the sport better. Keep the faith brothers!
How are the fans brainwashed? I just gave you an example my friend on how Strikeforce was becoming a prominent force in the MMA game and they sold to Zuffa. They are proof that it is possible to become bigger.

As for Dagwood, I don't care if you're politically opposed to how Zuffa does things, the fact is we're not talking about politics. We're talking about where most of the talent is in the world and it's within Zuffa's walls. Like it or not those are the facts! Don't let your political views get in the way of what we're actually watching (the fighters).

My suggestion would be to start your own promotion. If you're so opposed and feel your ideals would better suit the MMA landscape than do something about it!

Lastly, your snippets on fighters around the world are a positive, however you don't seem to have any real backing or marketing behind the product you wish to get people to buy into. Without it they will look past you. It's just business. It's not personal. I wish you all the luck in the world and would gladly help any way I can. We do have to be reasonable with the resources at hand and not shy away from also acknowledging that there is an 800 lb gorilla in the room known as the UFC.

Edlit: I also am morally opposed. I am not going to pretend that the UFC doesn't matter in the MMA landscape either.

KSW
KSW

Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:58 am
The average fan is brainwashed into thinking the promotion called UFC is all that matters. Go to any English speaking mma site or forum and you will almost only find information and discussion anout the UFC. M-1, for an example, has many world class and exciting fighters but no one gives a f#ck because it´s not UFC.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum