GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sonatine
Sonatine

Fantasy Fighting post: If Andy Hug was alive today, and in his prime... Empty Fantasy Fighting post: If Andy Hug was alive today, and in his prime...

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:43 pm
Who do you think he would sign with, GLORY or the new K-1?

How competitive do you think he would be with the likes of Spong, Ghita, Schilt (if he wasn't retired) Verhoeven, Saki, Hari, etc?

Miike
Miike

Fantasy Fighting post: If Andy Hug was alive today, and in his prime... Empty Re: Fantasy Fighting post: If Andy Hug was alive today, and in his prime...

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 pm
I think if he would be in his prime today he would fight as a light heavyweight, he was a small heavyweight especially compared to these guys fighting today. It's hard to say how he would do, I think the sport has changed a lot.

Check out my videos!
wekka
wekka

Fantasy Fighting post: If Andy Hug was alive today, and in his prime... Empty Re: Fantasy Fighting post: If Andy Hug was alive today, and in his prime...

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:22 pm
Miike wrote:I think if he would be in his prime today he would fight as a light heavyweight, he was a small heavyweight especially compared to these guys fighting today. It's hard to say how he would do, I think the sport has changed a lot.
This is a good point. It wasn't until very recently a cruiserweight/light heavyweight division was even a viable reality. Only time I could think of K-1 using them was that K-2 tournament they had with Hoost and Kiatsongrit.

I'd have to think Hug would fight for Glory. Closer to his homeland and the best available talent. I think he could beat Ghita, Verhoeven, and Schilt (fifty percent of the time, at least).

I think Spong and Saki would give Hug some problems with their combination of speed and power.
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:33 am
He would sign with Glory and be top 5 at HW. I would give him a chance against anyone but Schilt. Schilt has too much reach advantage.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum