GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

Satoshi Ishii: I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko  Empty Satoshi Ishii: I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 pm
Satoshi Ishii: I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko  23805

Translation from Mixfight.ru:

October 20 at the Ice Palace MMA fans expect one of most exciting fights of the year. In the main fight of the upcoming M-1 Challenge 42 Olympic judo champion Satoshi Ishii meets the legendary grappler Jeff Monson. The Japanese athlete talked about how important the fight with the legendary snowman is.

- Satoshi, you signed a contract with M-1. Tell us why you chose the Russian organization?

- I wanted to fight in Russia and I had the chance.  I took the chance because M-1 is a serious and large organization. Fedor Emelianenko fought for M-1, that says a lot.

- Have you met Fedor Emelianenko after your fight with him?

- No, not since the fight.

- What can you say about your opponent Jeff Monson?

- The fight with Jeff brings me an incredible experience.  It's a huge honor to be able to fight with a fighter like him, with world level grappling.  I trained hard and I´m ready to show a beautiful fight.

- You fought some legendary fighters like Fedor Emelianenko, Tim Sylvia, Pedro Rizzo and now Jeff Monson.  Why do you select just such battles?

- I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko.

After the defeat against Fedor Emelianenko, Satoshi Ishii won 5 straight fights and now his professional record stands at 9-2-1. Jeff Monson, in his words, has fully recovered from the injury that tormented him this year and is ready to fight with opponents of any level.
wekka
wekka

Satoshi Ishii: I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko  Empty Re: Satoshi Ishii: I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:09 pm
Sorry Satoshi, but you're just not as fun to watch as Fedor.
KSW
KSW

Satoshi Ishii: I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko  Empty Re: Satoshi Ishii: I want to be like Fedor Emelianenko

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:37 pm
wekka wrote:Sorry Satoshi, but you're just not as fun to watch as Fedor.
He´s getting more and more entertaining. 3 first round finishes in his last 4 fights.
adam
adam

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 pm
Everyone should want to be like the GOAT.

I heard some noise that Cain and Junior even thought Fedor was the GOAT.

I imagine that can't please baldy.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:57 am
An admirable goal but one you can never reach
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum