GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Joey Beltran no longer with the UFC Empty Joey Beltran no longer with the UFC

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:18 pm
Joey Beltran no longer with the UFC 20131009_ajl_ooo_111.0_standard_709.0

Dana White's statement that the UFC roster is "too full" is perhaps an ominous sign that a wave of pink slips will be coming for several fighters. Light heavyweight Joey Beltran never explicitly said that he's been released from the UFC, but this tweet suggests that he's moved on from the organization:

Thank you to @ufc @danawhite @lorenzofertitta & #JoeSilva for the opportunities you have given me. Time for a new chapter in my fight life.

Beltran (14-9, 1 NC) went 3-4 in his first UFC run, with all 7 fights contested at heavyweight. He was released following a surprise KO loss to Lavar Johnson at UFC on Fox 2, and it remains Beltran's only KO/TKO loss. Following one win at light heavyweight, Beltran was brought back on short notice to fight James Te Huna, where he lost a unanimous decision but earned a FOTN bonus. His win over Igor Pokrajac in December 2012 was overturned to a no contest after Beltran tested positive for nandrolone. Beltran's last fight was a split decision setback against Fabio Maldonado, and while Beltran certainly had an argument for getting the victory, it extended his UFC winless streak to 5.

Based on the above evidence, it's not too surprising to see him go, and perhaps one of the bigger deciding factors was that failed drug test, which did deny him an otherwise solid win over Pokrajac. The ax has seemingly fallen on "The Mexicutioner", and I think we're going to see more on the horizon.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/23/4947366/mma-news-joey-beltran-tweets-no-longer-with-ufc
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum