GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mikal
Mikal

Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan set for the Inaugural Featherweight title at WSOF 7. Empty Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan set for the Inaugural Featherweight title at WSOF 7.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 am
Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan to Fight for Inaugural Featherweight Championship at WSOF 7

by Brad Gustafson on October 30, 2013

Only days removed from an ultra-impressive inaugural welterweight championship bout between Steve Carl and Josh Burkman in Miami last weekend, the World Series of Fighting already has their next title fight booked.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you two of the most promising 145-pounders on the planet: Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan. The Inaugural Featherweight Championship will take place at WSOF 7 on Saturday, December 7th from the PNE Agrodome in Vancouver, British Columbia. The card is headlined by an exciting light-heavyweight bout between Anthony Johnson and Mike Kyle, and will be the promotions debut event “north of the border”.
Glenn’s manager Shaun White broke the news to Fight Parrot Tuesday evening:
“Words can’t describe how happy I am, Rick has been through a lot. His Grandma just passed away after his last fight and his 14 year old sister is battling spinal cord cancer. Rick is very humble, one of the nicest guys you could meet. They call him the Gladiator and he has a replica helmet from the ’300′ movie. He walks out to the song ‘I Won’t Back Down’ by Tom Petty and lives by the statement each day.”

Rick “The Gladiator” Glenn (14-2-1 MMA, 2-0 WSOF) has been on an absolute rampage winning 12 straight fights (with the exception of a draw in 2011). The Marshalltown, Iowa native fights out of Milwaukee’s Roufusport Academy, and has won his first two in the World Series of Fighting promotion, including a third round knockout over Alexandre Pimentel at WSOF 2, and a unanimous decision over a tough Artur Rofi at last month’s WSOF 5. The well-rounded Glenn recently made our #10 spot in our WSOF Pound-For-Pound Rankings, just ahead of his upcoming opponent.
Georgi “Insane” Karakhanyan (22-3-1 MMA, 1-0 WSOF) made quite the statement in his WSOF debut last month when he submitted Waylon Lowe in the first round, a performance that not only earned him Rattle the Cage honors at WSOF 6 in Miami last weekend, but the chance to fight for the first-ever featherweight title. Karakhanyan is riding an 8 fight win streak that includes five first round finishes. The Russian-born Armenian is sure to put on a dynamite show against Glenn this December. You don’t want to miss it.
Fight Parrot will be on location in Vancouver, Canada for WSOF 7: Johnson vs. Kyle. The event will be broadcast on NBC Sports Network, with preliminary bouts on wsof.com. Tune in for exclusive interviews, live results, and complete coverage of this landmark event for the World Series of Fighting.

Mikal
Mikal

Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan set for the Inaugural Featherweight title at WSOF 7. Empty Re: Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan set for the Inaugural Featherweight title at WSOF 7.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:44 am
Gonna be at this event so I'm fucking pumped!
MR.WILLIE

Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan set for the Inaugural Featherweight title at WSOF 7. Empty Re: Rick Glenn vs. Georgi Karakhanyan set for the Inaugural Featherweight title at WSOF 7.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:08 am
Mikal wrote:Gonna be at this event so I'm fucking pumped!
i envy you!!! lol....in a good way! enjoy bro...great fight card

i think karakhanyan takes it
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:20 pm
Georgi new WSOF FW champ coming up.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum