GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares   Empty World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:59 pm
World Series of Fighting President Ray Sefo is reconsidering his position of welterweight free agent Rousimar Palhares (15-5).

After initially telling MMAWeekly.com that he wasn’t keen on bringing the submission ace to his promotion’s ranks, Sefo today admitted he’s currently reevaluating his position and could potentially make Palhares an offer.

“Initially, I’ll admit I didn’t think World Series of Fighting should even entertain the idea of bring Palhares on board,” Sefo told MMAjunkie. “But I’ve been speaking with our team, as well as some people I trust throughout the industry, and I’m not so sure he doesn’t deserve another chance.

“We haven’t made any concrete decisions just yet, but I think maybe Palhares could be a valuable part of our organization.”

Sefo said he’s had some initial talks with Palhares’ manager, Alex Davis, but declined to divulge just how far those conversations had progressed. However, he said it was actually a recent “MMA Hour” interview with MMA legend Renzo Gracie that first encouraged him to take a second look at “Toquinho,” who was released from the UFC following an October win over Mike Pierce in Brazil in which Palhares appeared to hold on to a heel hook even after his opponent tapped out and the referee tried to break the lock.

“I really didn’t think he held it too long,” Gracie said. “You have to understand, especially heel hooks, it is a finishing hold that you can lose at any time. He can lose the position at any time, and the next thing you’ll see the guy is going to claim that he didn’t tap and everything is gone. So he really needs to add intensity on it. Unfortunately, people saw it with poor eyes.

“That’s an MMA match, man. The reality, intensity is the name of the game, so you have to allow things like that to go. Some submissions will be held a little longer. That’s going to happen. If I could, every submission I did, I would hold a little longer.”

Sefo, a Hall of Fame kickboxer, said that statement encouraged him to reconsider his stance, and after speaking with a few trusted resources, he thinks an offer may soon follow.

“I was a little outraged at first, just like a lot of people were,” Sefo said. “But I think Renzo explained it very well, and it opened my eyes. I don’t think Palhares is a bad human being, and his skills as a fighter are undeniable. I’m starting to think he could potentially be a nice addition to our roster.”

While it’s not the first time in his career, Palhares has been accused of holding on to a submission longer than necessary, Davis previously stated his client did not act with any ill intentions and would continue to look to compete at an elite level.

“He is not a bad person or dirty fighter, and he is not trying to hurt people,” Davis stated. “Somehow, he just doesn’t hear or feel things at these moments. He worked very hard to get this far in his career, and he is not going to give up on it.”

For more on World Series of Fighting, check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.
Mmajunkie.com
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares   Empty Re: World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:37 pm
Funny. Imanari doesn't have the same problem.

They want him because they know he will draw eyeballs now. It is that simple. But the fact is, this guy intentionally hurts people. These locks can end guys careers. I know, because I have a bad ankle from one of those locks, myself (in my case I was the idiot who refused to tap). It hurts to do alot of things now because of it. Palharas is great at leg locks. You do not get that great by accident. It takes years of training to get that good with those holds. Anyone in the jujutsu culture is extremely sensitive to taps. He would know when the guy is tapping. He is choosing not to let go. He knows exactly what he is doing, he has to to be that good at it.

World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares   Empty Re: World Series of Fighting reconsidering position on Rousimar Palhares

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:41 pm
there are double standard between extra punch to some right after they are knock out cold.

Hamilcar

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 pm
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:there are double standard between extra punch to some right after they are knock out cold.
The difference is, I don't know of any fighter who makes a habit out of it deliberately punching after the ref called a stoppage.

Here, look at this for reference: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY3OTA4MDY0.html Imanari lets go right at the tap. Now think what Palharas would have done in the same situation.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 pm
people know this true but they don't want to  admit.study study study study study study study study study study study study
Adax

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:01 am
Hamilcar wrote:
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:there are double standard between extra punch to some right after they are knock out cold.
The difference is, I don't know of any fighter who makes a habit out of it deliberately punching after the ref called a stoppage.  

Here, look at this for reference: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY3OTA4MDY0.html  Imanari lets go right at the tap.  Now think what Palharas would have done in the same situation.
We all need more reminders of how awesome Imanari cheers 
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm
Hope they sign him

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
loyalty13
loyalty13

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:38 pm
It'd be interesting to see him vs fitch. See how that top control works with a monster off his back under you.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum