GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares Empty WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 am
Old story from October 13, 2013...

WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares
bloodyelbow.comon - Oct 13 2013

Jon Fitch says that even if the WSOF signed Rousimar Palhares, he would refuse to fight the "dirty" submission master.

It's been a bad bad week for former UFC Welterweight Rousimar Palhares. First he didn't get the Submission of the Night bonus for tapping out Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 29. Then he was cut from the UFC for holding the dangerous heel hook submission too long (and injuring Pierce's knee in the process). Then he was suspended for 120 days by Brazil's CABMMA. Then Bellator's Bjorn Rebney said they had no interest in signing him.

Now the biggest star of the only other major North American promotion says he wouldn't fight Palhares under any circumstances. Here's what Jon Fitch of the World Series of Fighting (WSOF) told Brian Hemminger:

"It was a second offense," said Fitch. "Holding onto a submission too long, especially with a joint lock like that. You're talking about ending someone's career potentially. I think it was the right move (to release him). I personally wouldn't accept a fight with [Palhares] because of those. One time maybe, but not twice. I would never even compete against him honestly. If he's got that long of a history of holding onto them too long, his career should probably be done because no one should take a fight with him or a grappling match with him for that matter."

And if Fitch were offered a fight against Palhares?

"It would be the first time in my career that I turned down a fight."
Asia's One FC remains the last major MMA promotion in the world not to weigh in on Palhares.
Fitch will face Marcelo Alfaya at WSOF 6 on September 26 in Coral Gables, Florida.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10/13/4833852/wsof-jon-fitch-wont-fight-rousimar-palhares-ufc-bellator-mma-news
adam
adam

WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares Empty Re: WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:27 am
I would too if I was a top fighter.

Don't give this piece of a chance to get any legit wins. If I was running an org I'd try to blacklist this guy.

He's had too many chances.
MR.WILLIE

WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares Empty Re: WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:12 am
old news!!! but palhares wasnt part of the roster when he comment on that!!!

if fitch beats carl for the title and palhares becomes the number 1 contender he has no choice but to fight, no chikens in mma
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:old news!!! but palhares wasnt part of the roster when he comment on that!!!

if fitch beats carl for the title and palhares becomes the number 1 contender he has no choice but to fight, no chikens in mma
If that happens then John needs to deal with it!
WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares 3574287973 WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares 3574287973 WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares 3574287973 WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares 3574287973 WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares 3574287973 WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares 3574287973 WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares 3574287973
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am
Jon Fitch needs to change sports because he clearly isn't a REAL fighter.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 pm
If Alan Belcher can no-sell the leglock attempts and murder Palhares on the ground, Fitch has no reason to be scared.

WSOF star Jon Fitch would not fight Rousimar Palhares Palhares-compressed-face
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:35 pm
I want to see Palhares against Carl anyway.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum