GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Emperor to Invade Japan on NYE?

+6
Wolfman
Apres Moi
Kinosis
monaroCountry
Dapperdoo
RussianTopTeam
10 posters
Go down
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

The Last Emperor to Invade Japan on NYE? Empty The Last Emperor to Invade Japan on NYE?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:56 pm
Well it looks like Fyodor vs. Ishii may be possible on the NYE card.
Stylistically this fight could be SICK. Both cream of the CROP at their own respective arts. Gold medalist Sambo & Bronze in Judo vs Gold Medalist in Judo. All I have to say is WOW! I really can't wait for NYE now.

Discuss

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/11/20/2575702/m-1-teases-fedor-emelianenko-vs-satoshi-ishii-for-new-years-eve-in
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

The Last Emperor to Invade Japan on NYE? Empty Re: The Last Emperor to Invade Japan on NYE?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:36 pm
Fedor does what he did to Monson. Easy win. Patient precision striking. He'll easily outstrike Ishii.
monaroCountry

The Last Emperor to Invade Japan on NYE? Empty Re: The Last Emperor to Invade Japan on NYE?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:40 pm
This should be a great fight and a great event.

Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:56 pm
He won't have much of a break at all, he will have to jump right back into training. He will win that fight but it's a good NYE fight in Japan and keeps him busy.
monaroCountry

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm
I dont know Ishii is a very dangerous fighter, especially if it goes to ground.

In saying that Ishii would most likely submit anyone in MMA, it doesn't matter if hes an ADCC champ. A very proficient fighter bordering on perfect on the ground.
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Kinosis wrote:He won't have much of a break at all, he will have to jump right back into training. He will win that fight but it's a good NYE fight in Japan and keeps him busy.

this is good for Fedor. Fighters stay active by fighting. Im surprise how quick Fedor still is.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:45 pm
Well after 3 losses and 1 win he can't expect much. But Ishii is a monster Judoka and a good fight for him to recreate his career and rise again.

I'm so glad Fedor won. The results was the first thing i saw in the morning when i woke up and It felt like the universe went in it's right course again. Laughing
Adax

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 am
Wolfman wrote:Well after 3 losses and 1 win he can't expect much. But Ishii is a monster Judoka and a good fight for him to recreate his career and rise again.

I'm so glad Fedor won. The results was the first thing i saw in the morning when i woke up and It felt like the universe went in it's right course again. Laughing

Ishii was able to navigate the strikes of JLB so i really hope Fedor brings his Sambo A-game because Ishii is going to try to lock with Fedor a lot more agressively than Monson did.

and i know exactly what you mean about the universe feeling like back in place Wolfman! Surprised
monaroCountry

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:39 am
Im honestly more scared about Ishii than Monson. The Japanese are very creative and will go for that amazing move. Ishii is not to be laughed at, zombies wont know how much of a danger Ishii is especially on the ground because they have never heard of him. The only guy to beat him in MMA has been another top level grappler, and by top level I mean Olympic medalist level grappler.
Adax

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:47 am
monaroCountry wrote:Im honestly more scared about Ishii than Monson. The Japanese are very creative and will go for that amazing move.

i completely agreed monaro. Monson threw like no strikes and and never set up his shit take down attempts. the Japanese fighters always seem more willing to take chances with stand up even if it's not on a highly technical level. Ishii is going to be setting up his clinch and TDs with some unorthodox hands and kicks so Fedor needs to be careful about being lured into exchanges unless he's sure he has found range and rhythm towards accuracy.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Ishii is a more dangerous opponent than Monson but I have faith in the GOAT.
rezin
rezin

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm
Who would have been a better available opponent that Ishii?
brace
brace

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 am
is there any news on the rest of the card?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum