GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

How do you feel about Hendo? Empty How do you feel about Hendo?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:52 pm
To me Henderson is the perfect prototype for a fighter. Titanium chin and knockout power. Henderson sports the best resume in MMA. However his name will have an asterisk for GOAT imo. Hendo was a beast pre TRT and is still today. I dont feel contemporary Hendo could perform as well w/o TRT. and his candidacy for goat should be somewhat scrutinized.

Whats your perspective?

I love Hendo btw. He's an open weight fighter and a very talented one. TRT didnt make him better, but allowed Hendo to prolong his career and train like a 26 yrs old.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

How do you feel about Hendo? Empty Re: How do you feel about Hendo?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:12 pm
While the TRT stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth a bit, it is difficult to weigh it too heavily considering all of the pharmaceutical usage/juicing that goes on. I kind of agree with your sentiments, but being that it is a legal practice and he is open about it than I guess it just is what it is. It isn't like the baseball juicing scandals for instance where they were evading testing while getting huge on roids.

In any case, Henderson is definitely the most decorated fighter in MMA, and has just added a big scalp to his sizable collection as well.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:35 pm
Hendo is a great champion and even a better role model for american MMA , very humble and respectful. Never talks trash and respects his opponents.

However, him using TRT is a low down dirty shame because we all know Hendo is better than that.......
brace
brace

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:47 pm
I love Hendo. Yes homo..
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:01 am
nodogoshi wrote:While the TRT stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth a bit, it is difficult to weigh it too heavily considering all of the pharmaceutical usage/juicing that goes on. I kind of agree with your sentiments, but being that it is a legal practice and he is open about it than I guess it just is what it is. It isn't like the baseball juicing scandals for instance where they were evading testing while getting huge on roids.

In any case, Henderson is definitely the most decorated fighter in MMA, and has just added a big scalp to his sizable collection as well.

Regardless of legality it sets a bad precedent for the sport. But that's an issue for a different time.

Hendo was definitely a GOAT pre TRT. He would of been #1 after his past fights, but the TRT raises an asterisk in the records imo.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:17 am
I honestly don't think I'd have Hendo in the running for #1 regardless, though it's a tough call. I'd have him top 5 for sure, possibly top 3. This is just at a glance, I haven't really tried to work a list out.
Adax

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:32 am
if Hendo can afford his TRT and he follows all the rules and regulations when it comes fight time then i don't hate on him for doing what he has to do to compete with fucking ASSASSINS like Shogun and Fedor. Hendo is just trying to be in the best physical shape to put his body out there on the line to fight, survive, and win AS WELL AS compete for our entertainment. i don't think something like that should spoil any person's opinion of Hendo, but that's just me. i think it's important to have the ability as a fan to be objective enough to look at purely the performances of a fighter as well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum