GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

Is the UFC buying fighter contracts? Empty Is the UFC buying fighter contracts?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:32 am
Is the UFC buying fighter contracts? Zuffa

UFC has been signing several champions and #1 contenders from other promotions lately and people are wondering how this is possible. The only logical explanation is that UFC is buying top fighter contracts from other promotions. Take M-1 president and part-owner Vadim Finkelstein for an example. He always said M-1 is a strong competitor to the UFC but in his latest interview Vadim says M-1 is a great place for talents to grow into stars and then they´re free to leave the promotion for the UFC.

M-1 Welterweight champion Rashid Magomedov, #1 WW contender Alexander Yakovlev and #1 LW contender Mairbek Taisumov all signed with UFC recently. ROAD FC LW champ Yui Chul Nam is another UFC signing as well as top fighters from Fight Nights and several other promotions.

Titan FC who recently signed a broadcast deal with CBS has a special contract clause that allows the fighters to leave for the UFC when they´re ready. Instead of buying rival promotions UFC is simply buying their best fighters and don´t have to deal with monopoly accusations.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Is the UFC buying fighter contracts? Empty Re: Is the UFC buying fighter contracts?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:41 am
There's something fishy about that, but we will figure it later.
Adax

Is the UFC buying fighter contracts? Empty Re: Is the UFC buying fighter contracts?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:44 am
Feeder orgs and mentalities are going to be the biggest problem in 2014. I said it before that it's the worst thing in MMA right now.
KSW
KSW

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:00 am
AudaxSmoke wrote:Feeder orgs and mentalities are going to be the biggest problem in 2014. I said it before that it's the worst thing in MMA right now.
Do you think Zuffa has made deals with promotions to buy their best fighters? Why else would they let the fighters go that easily? They already bought most of the Invicta stars.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:41 am
Yeah, this could be what's happening Johan. They are trying to turn everyone into a feeder org. with their global domination plans.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 am
KSW wrote:
AudaxSmoke wrote:Feeder orgs and mentalities are going to be the biggest problem in 2014. I said it before that it's the worst thing in MMA right now.
Do you think Zuffa has made deals with promotions to buy their best fighters? Why else would they let the fighters go that easily? They already bought most of the Invicta stars.

No doubt. I think reluctantly though. Let's face it. I think most of these people want nothing to do with the UFC or Zuffa. But they know they're fighters want to go there eventually and they can't compete with the UFC. To make matters worse, they probably know if they try, they'll be smeared, tarred, and feathered by Dana White while the media will do nothing but carry his water. We all know, Dana will go on a vendetta against them until they go out of business.

I wouldn't be surprised if most companies are doing this cause Zuffa has to buy out the contracts so they at least get something out of it. Meanwhile, with the UFC trying to expand so much and they're spending so much buying talent contracts and all these fighters that it wouldn't surprise me if these companies are laying low and hoping for Zuffa's gluttony to be their downfall.
adam
adam

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 pm

I agree. It's depressing.

I don't understand what some of these orgs are doing. Don't they want to be successful on their own?
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:35 pm
I'm all for world mma and good promotions but on the other hand least UFC are signing good fighters instead of the usual TUF level reject shit...

KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:34 am
stu3ufc wrote:I'm all for world mma and good promotions but on the other hand least UFC are signing good fighters instead of the usual TUF level reject shit...

I rather see UFC signing TUF level fighters than taking the best from europe and asia. Europe and asia need these fighters badly.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:03 am
KSW wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:I'm all for world mma and good promotions but on the other hand least UFC are signing good fighters instead of the usual TUF level reject shit...

I rather see UFC signing TUF level fighters than taking the best from europe and asia. Europe and asia need these fighters badly.

I can see both sides to the argument. I agree it weakens European and Asia by making every other org a feeder

I just hope the UFC treat these stars as such and pay them right and give them exposure. It really annoys me to see TUF rejects main card meanwhile the prelims is stacked full of awesome fighters

Just look at Hatsu Hioki he went from being ranked 2nd globally to be insignificant in the featherweight division because a few "popular" lightweights decided to drop down. (note- yes i know he turned down a title shot but still he's a good example)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum