GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Ray Sefo Spoke Today on the WSOF vs. Bellator Card Empty Ray Sefo Spoke Today on the WSOF vs. Bellator Card

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:15 am
Ray Sefo today on the WSOF vs. Bellator proposed card below:

World Series of Fighting is waiting to hear back from Bellator after challenging the company to a co-promotional event earlier this week.

“We wanted to make something exciting for the fans as well as the world of MMA, so we issued the challenge,” WSOF President Ray Sefo told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “We’ll just wait and see if it happens or not.”

WSOF proposed a 10-fight card matching its fighters against Bellator representatives. The lineup would be headlined by a bout between WSOF’s Tyrone Spong and Bellator’s Quinton Jackson.

“I haven’t actually heard what was said, but apparently there was words going back and forth between [WSOF matchmaker Ali Aziz] and [Bellator President Bjorn Rebney],” Sefo said. “I think that’s where all this came from and then Ali talked to me about it. I thought, ‘Hey, listen. It’s a great idea. Let’s make it happen.’ So when he went on the MMA Hour and announced it, we were well prepared for it. Now it’s a waiting game, whether it’s going to happen or not.”

At this point, Sefo isn’t sure Bellator will respond.

“In this situation, it’s not just the one fight or one fighter,” he said. “Ali put a card out there and matched up certain people, and if they come through with it, great. If not, listen, I think either way, it’s going to be great for the sport and I’m sure something the fans are very excited about because everybody’s blowing me up on Facebook, on Twitter. Social media is just going crazy since this announcement was made. I think it’s only going to benefit the sport in the long run.”

With that said, though, WSOF isn’t interested in sending a couple of fighters to Bellator in exchange for Bellator sending a couple to WSOF.

“Nah, I wouldn’t do that,” Sefo said. “I wouldn’t do that. Because for us, we’re promoting our guys and they’re promoting theirs. If they agree to the proposal that Ali put out, then we’ll do a whole card rather than just a one-off fight. … If this is going to happen, then it’s going to be a whole card. That’s the only way that would work.”

If somehow the card did come together, Sefo likes his fighters’ chances.

“I think we would do very well,” he said. “Ali’s a great matchmaker. He’s proven that time and time again, and when I looked at the list, I was like, ‘OK, great.’”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ray...terparts-61883
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Ray Sefo Spoke Today on the WSOF vs. Bellator Card Empty Re: Ray Sefo Spoke Today on the WSOF vs. Bellator Card

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:40 pm
Sefo acts like he doesn't pay attention(or know about)all the stupid shit his matchmaker is talking to bellator........

That's like fertittas saying they have no knowledge of any of Dana's rants and idiotic comments.

Sefo is full of shit!

He and wsof are getting sub par numbers and are trying to make themselves relevant by blasting bellator.

Now you pull a card out of your ass full well knowing you aren't on the level

Now you act like oh we will wait for their reply lmao

Bellator gains nothing from wsof Co promoted ppv.

Bellator is second only to ufc and IMO their fighters would run through wsof with like 3 exceptions.

Wsof is begging for attention best thing bjorn could do is what he has thus far stay Stoic.

Why even bring up wsofs little tempur tantrum and give them any little bit of acknowledgement.

If bellator is arena football wsof is sixth grade flag football.
rezin
rezin

Ray Sefo Spoke Today on the WSOF vs. Bellator Card Empty Re: Ray Sefo Spoke Today on the WSOF vs. Bellator Card

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:43 pm
Why don't you challenge the ufc. Oh wait we know why.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:14 pm
fka wrote:Sefo acts like he doesn't pay attention(or know about)all the stupid shit his matchmaker is talking to bellator........

That's like fertittas saying they have no knowledge of any of Dana's rants and idiotic comments.

Sefo is full of shit!

He and wsof are getting sub par numbers and are trying to make themselves relevant by blasting bellator.

Now you pull a card out of your ass full well knowing you aren't on the level

Now you act like oh we will wait for their reply lmao

Bellator gains nothing from wsof Co promoted ppv.

Bellator is second only to ufc and IMO their fighters would run through wsof with like 3 exceptions.

Wsof is begging for attention best thing bjorn could do is what he has thus far stay Stoic.

Why even bring up wsofs little tempur tantrum and give them any little bit of acknowledgement.

If bellator is arena football wsof is sixth grade flag football.

My man right here just said everything i was gonna.

Why would Bellator put their planned tournaments and NO.1 contenders on hold for this PPV event in which Bellator are the bigger more popular brand.

Remember when M-1 want co-promotion with the UFC every nuthugger was like why would UFC bother.

Heres what this is.....A huge publicity stunt by World series of douche bags and to make Bellator look bad.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum