GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva

+8
adam
fka
Dagwood
loyalty13
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
MR.WILLIE
Realidea
stu3ufc
12 posters
Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva Empty Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:05 pm
Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva Thiago-silva

Scott Saul, the attorney representing UFC Light Heavyweight Thiago Silva on assault charges, has issued a statement emphasizing that Silva has yet to even be officially charged with anything.

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Thiago Silva is currently being held in a Florida jail facing multiple felony counts following an ugly situation involving his wife and her alleged boyfriend and an alleged handgun. The UFC's Dana White announced that Silva would never fight in the Octagon again.

Silva's attorney Scott Saul has released a statement to the Brazilian news outlet Globo and BE's own Fernando Arbex has translated it:

"There is a big difference in how the prosecution accused him and the way he was arrested. Thiago was arrested on two attempted assault with a risk of death, but when we went to court, the judge held that there wasn't sufficient evidence to support such accusations. He was arrested, the case has not even received a number and what really needs to happen now is that the State Attorney must review the case and decide what are the formal charges"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/10/5397948/thiago-silvas-attorney-makes-statement-on-silvas-arrest-hearing

by the sounds of it i think they have!

he deserves his day in court first before being cut like that

I think it's bullshit
Realidea
Realidea

Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva Empty Re: Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm
Yes and so has all the fans who are shitting on him. Only people who say they saw the gun is the cheating wife and the dude she is fucking. And now they both changed their story to the gun was in the car and he never pointed it at them. Gun hasn't been found, he didn't reset arrest and he doesn't have a criminal record.

And they taser him when he gave up I'm sure his lawyer will use that in court
Realidea
Realidea

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm
Yes and so has all the fans who are shitting on him. Only people who say they saw the gun is the cheating wife and the dude she is fucking. And now they both changed their story to the gun was in the car and he never pointed it at them. Gun hasn't been found, he didn't reset arrest and he doesn't have a criminal record.

And they taser him when he gave up I'm sure his lawyer will use that in court
MR.WILLIE

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:39 pm
They should have waited!

I hope he can find a new home soon after the process!
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 pm
Thiago Silva has not even faced an arraignment hearing yet, but the fate of his fighting career has already been decided by one man. 
In the NFL or any other major sports organization, all of which contain some form of union or players' association, such a statement by the sport's head would seem almost illegal. 
But not for Dana White. Break the law? He IS the law. 
http://letusbang.com/dana-white-judge-ju...ecutioner/
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:10 pm
it's unfucking believable how much bullshit was published before the FACTS were established

I bet Dana read TMZ and made up his mind there and then.

fucking morons!
loyalty13
loyalty13

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:39 am
UFC is trying to look like a legit org. unlike bellator and their felony fights.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:43 am
loyalty13 wrote:UFC is trying to look like a legit org. unlike bellator and their felony fights.

Laughing Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva 3292854572 
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:28 pm
Lmao ufc is so UN legit its laughable.

Ufc has its feeder wsof to send its less stellar performers with valid name credit still or untested prospects or law breakers.

I bet Silva announces his wsof contract in a week like palhares did during his turmoil l.
fka
fka

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:30 pm
I'd rather see Silva in bellator tho their lhw division would be killer.
fka
fka

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:01 pm
adam
adam

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:06 pm
IMO they should've waited until his conviction but what he did was bat-shit crazy.
megaronnie
megaronnie

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:52 pm
Silva was a K1 level poster
KSW
KSW

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:32 pm
Did UFC jump the gun cutting Silva Thiago-silva-preso-620x399
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm
It's just an image issue for Dana. Ever since they hit the mainstream, he's only concerned about how situations like this make the UFC look which is understandable. However, he had no problems coming to Rampage's aid after the guy nearly ran over pedestrians on the street (and ultimately caused a woman to have a miscarriage after crashing into her vehicle). Of course, that was when Dana needed all the help he could get to grow his brand. Now every fighter is expendable because the brand name is bigger than the fighters.

If Thiago is found guilty, then of course he should be released as the case is a big deal, but wait until the facts come in before rushing to judgment. I know this is asking too much of Dana. Logical thinking isn't his forte.
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:32 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:It's just an image issue for Dana. Ever since they hit the mainstream, he's only concerned about how situations like this make the UFC look which is understandable. However, he had no problems coming to Rampage's aid after the guy nearly ran over pedestrians on the street (and ultimately caused a woman to have a miscarriage after crashing into her vehicle). Of course, that was when Dana needed all the help he could get to grow his brand. Now every fighter is expendable because the brand name is bigger than the fighters.

If Thiago is found guilty, then of course he should be released as the case is a big deal, but wait until the facts come in before rushing to judgment. I know this is asking too much of Dana. Logical thinking isn't his forte.
Lets not forget wanting to bail Jeremy out in order fro him to fight. And not doing a damn thing about Chael
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:11 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:It's just an image issue for Dana. Ever since they hit the mainstream, he's only concerned about how situations like this make the UFC look which is understandable. However, he had no problems coming to Rampage's aid after the guy nearly ran over pedestrians on the street (and ultimately caused a woman to have a miscarriage after crashing into her vehicle). Of course, that was when Dana needed all the help he could get to grow his brand. Now every fighter is expendable because the brand name is bigger than the fighters.

The way that they turn their back on fighters and kick them to the curb at an instant, merely for PR purposes which may in some cases be as fickle as and subjective as can be, is just yet another glaring example of how the Zuffa abuses, betrays, and uses fighters.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Back to Jungle fights!!!  Rolling LMAO 
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 pm
nodogoshi wrote:

The way that they turn their back on fighters and kick them to the curb at an instant, merely for PR purposes which may in some cases be as fickle as and subjective as can be, is just yet another glaring example of how the Zuffa abuses, betrays, and uses fighters.

June White spoke about this how they treat fighters, their staff and people like they're disposable!

ZUFFA have no loyalty at all. Only to those who are total YES men like Kenny Florian, Stefan Bonnar, Matt Hughes & Chuck Liddell
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:24 pm
stu3ufc wrote:

He never fought in Jungle fight. He's going to get a slap on the wrist. EX wife keeps changing stories, No gun was found, he didn't throw a single punch, didn't resist arrest and the cops beat him and taserd him when he gave him self up. I wouldn't be surprised if he filed a law suit against the cops  Rolling LMAO
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 pm
WOW seriously??? Poor Thiago he's got fucked over good and proper here.

I knew he never fought for jungle fights Very Happy (Fury FC)
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm
Realidea wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

He never fought in Jungle fight. He's going to get a slap on the wrist. EX wife keeps changing stories, No gun was found, he didn't throw a single punch, didn't resist arrest and the cops beat him and taserd him when he gave him self up. I wouldn't be surprised if he filed a law suit against the cops  Rolling LMAO

Holy shit. Where are you reading this stuff? Link please? The whole story seemed funny from the start.
Realidea
Realidea

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:
Realidea wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

Holy shit. Where are you reading this stuff? Link please? The whole story seemed funny from the start.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/10/5397948/thiago-silvas-attorney-makes-statement-on-silvas-arrest-hearing

http://esporte.uol.com.br/mma/ultimas-noticias/2014/02/12/advogado-diz-que-swat-usou-arma-de-choque-para-prender-thiago-silva.htm

Second is in Portuguese. Lawyer says they taserd him and he also says Thiago never Barricaded himself. First the Ex wife said that he pointed the gun at her and Pablo then Pablo says he saw the gun in the car. Also she told Police that Thiago never hurt her then changed it to he put a gun in her mouth and now he put a gun in her head. But that incident happened couple months ago and no charges were made

Why SWAT went there i have no idea. They probably heard it was fighter and lost their shit  Rolling LMAO

" The police used the taser on him . They blocked four blocks , sent helicopters and camouflaged officers. That was not necessary ," said Saul . "I think they used a heavy police guard , the mere fact of being a fighter . Know if it's not prejudice, but they seemed frightened because it is a fighter . "

The lawyer said his client did not make a barricade. He says that Thiago Silva was found drunk and claims he should be sleeping at home and eventually agreed upon arrest . " He never beat anyone , never punched throughout the incident . Threatened not police . If it were an ordinary person would be treated differently

. "
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 pm
i like how the ufc acted on the FACTS...I mean a sensationalist TMZ article where all of it has been proven to be bullshit!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum