GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion

+12
eXtv
Sonatine
stu3ufc
wekka
Rocksoldier84
Realidea
Hamilcar
Dagwood
backdoor to zuffa
adam
Mikal
MR.WILLIE
16 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion Empty UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:49 pm
UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion Ufn_4010

April 11, 2014  | DU Arena   | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Results:

Roy Nelson def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
knockout (punch) - Round 1, 3:37

Clay Guida def. Tatsuya Kawajiri
unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) - Round 3, 5:00

Ryan LaFlare def. John Howard
unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) - Round 3, 5:00

Ramsey Nijem def. Beneil Dariush
TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 4:20

Jared Rosholt def. Daniel Omielanczuk
unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) - Round 3, 5:00

Thales Leites def. Trevor Smith
TKO (punches) - Round 1, 0:45

Jim Alers def. Alan Omer
split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) - Round 3, 5:00

Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya
declared no-contest (accidental head-butt) - Round 1, 0:39
Mikal
Mikal

UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 pm
God I hope Kwaajiri spanks Guida
adam
adam

UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion Empty Re: UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:11 pm
meh
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 pm
Is this shit on fight pass too?
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:51 pm
For a company bent on worldwide domination of MMA where are the middle eastern/Arab fighters on a card in the heart of something called the United Arab Emirates??? Good scouting & fighter development guys!

I guess there's one Muslim sounding fighter who's of Palestinian decent but born and raised in America.  Rolling Eyes I'm sure that'll be enough to draw the locals by the millions to cheer for the home guys.

Do ya' think the Korean Zombie & 17 white guys from Arkansas would be enough to push a card over the top at the gate or on local TV in mainland Shanghai in the People's Republic of China?

UFC Fight Night 39: Minotauro vs. Nelson Results & Discussion 3984563193 
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 pm
Dagwood wrote:For a company bent on worldwide domination of MMA where are the middle eastern/Arab fighters on a card in the heart of something called the United Arab Emirates??? Good scouting & fighter development guys!

I guess there's one Muslim sounding fighter who's of Palestinian decent but born and raised in America.  Rolling Eyes I'm sure that'll be enough to draw the locals by the millions to cheer for the home guys.

Do ya' think the Korean Zombie & 17 white guys from Arkansas would be enough to push a card over the top at the gate or on local TV in mainland Shanghai in the People's Republic of China?  

Exactly.  From what  I understand alot of countries outside of America tend to be more nationalistic as sports fans.  While Americans will watch a JMMA card and cheer for (I don't know, say...) Shinya Aoki to beat American MMA Fighter X; Other countries will almost always cheer for the hometown guy.
Based off of my experience and what my wife says, the Chinese are especially this way.  They will not watch MMA unless there is some Chinese fighter KOing every foreigner he fights.  If their fighters are losing they will not watch and if there are no Chinese fighters, then they don't care.

This is why I think that ONE FC will grow huge. They could fill a card with Middle Eastern fighters. They do have a global roster.
Realidea
Realidea

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 pm
You guys should know by now the UFC doesn't know the difference between Japan,china etc… Look at their cards in Japan most asians were from china  Rolling LMAO  and this applies to the Middle east as well

Last edited by Realidea on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:49 pm
That seems to be the case with the UFC. To them it's like "Well he's Asian, what's the difference". Good example was Cung Le coaching TUF China despite being Vietnamese.

Anyway, I agree, I want Kawajiri to win.
wekka
wekka

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:02 am
Hamilcar wrote:
Dagwood wrote:For a company bent on worldwide domination of MMA where are the middle eastern/Arab fighters on a card in the heart of something called the United Arab Emirates??? Good scouting & fighter development guys!

This is why I think that ONE FC will grow huge.  They could fill a card with Middle Eastern fighters.  They do have a global roster.

They've already gotten the Middle Eastern advantage with Shalorus, too.
wekka
wekka

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:04 am
Being in Abu Dhabi, you'd think the least they could do would be to stack the card with ADCC veterans.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:With the additions, the UFC Fight Night 39 card now includes:

Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Clay Guida vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Daniel Omielanczuk vs. Jared Rosholt
Chris Camozzi vs. Andrew Craig
Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya
Dustin Ortiz vs. Alptekin Ozkilic
Beneil Dariush vs. Ramsey Nijem
John Howard vs. Ryan LaFlare
Jim Alers vs. Alan Omer
Thales Leites vs. Trevor Smith

Mmajunkie.com

what the fuck is this shit

and why are established fighters fighting absolute no names in a fight that doesnt benefit them towards a title shot

Thales Leites beat herman and watson now he's fighting a nobody. Thales fought for a title.

Fight pass? no i'll pass thanks
Sonatine
Sonatine

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 am
The word "meh" comes into play here. Apart from Crusher crushing Gweeda and Big Nog outboxing Nelson, everything else sets a new standard for "meh".
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:37 pm
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is bringing its brand of mixed martial arts (MMA) back to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for UFC Fight Night 39, headlined by a heavyweight hoss fight pitting Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira against Roy Nelson, airing on the promotion's new "Fight Pass" digital network.

Event: UFC Fight Night 39: "Nogueira vs. Nelson"
Date: Friday, April 11, 2014 on Fight Pass

Main Event:

265 lbs.: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Roy Nelson

Fight Pass Main Card (2 p.m. ET):

145 lbs.: Clay Guida vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
170 lbs.: John Howard vs. Ryan LaFlare
155 lbs.: Ramsey Nijem vs. Beneil Dariush

Fight Pass Prelims (11:30 a.m. ET):

265 lbs.: Daniel Omielanczuk vs. Jared Rosholt
135 lbs.: Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya
185 lbs.: Thales Leites vs. Trevor Smith
185 lbs.: Chris Camozzi vs. Andrew Craig
135 lbs.: Dustin Ortiz vs. Alptekin Ozkilic
145 lbs.: Jim Alers vs. Alan Omer

Keep it locked in to MMAmania.com for more upcoming fight announcements to this still-developing card.
eXtv
eXtv

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 pm
Embarrassingly bad card to take back to the Abu Dhabi market, which incidentally, they haven't returned to since the UFC 112 debacle.

Will be watching for a living legend in Minotauro who is technically better than Nelson at everything but is easy as hell to hit and doesn't have a chin like he used to. And to see Kawajiri demolish Lay Guida. Apart from that, it's a TUF China Finale-tier lineup of fights. Eugh.

EDIT: My bad, Ryan LaFlare, one of the best up and coming Welterweights in the world and who I think will be a title contender one day is fighting too, I'll be interested to see how he does because that guy is seriously skilled.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:16 pm
Only prelim I care about is the hw fight and even that doesn't look like it will be ripe with action.

The main......if you can call it that

Never heard of dariush but I know nijem is inconsistent at best ill go unknown Guy.

I like doomsday Howard vs Ryan laflare

I'm going Howard by decision but he could catch laflare put him outcold.

Kawajiri will crush guida probly by decision.

Bignog vs big country......

IMO bad fight for nog he's probly going to sleep.

Big country has been dropping more and more weight and has made a big difference with his cardio and overall handspeed and overall movement.

I just don't see nog winning I mean I'm hoping I'm wrong but I just don't see it.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:27 pm
5 years past prime Big Nog isn't finishing the immovable object Roy Nelson. This coulda been a fun fight to watch at one point too. Probably just depressing to see now. I'm nervous Kawajiri will job to that shitface Guida. I still have had bad dreams about Guida's fight with Gomi. Hopefully Kawajiri rattles Guida's walnut sized brain with some gnp. no hespect for rest of card
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:53 am
MR.WILLIE

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:47 pm
Ryan LaFlare def. John Howard via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Ramsey Nijem def. Beneil Dariush via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:20
Jared Rosholt def. Daniel Omielanczuk via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Thales Leites def. Trevor Smith via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:45
Jim Alers def. Alan Omer via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya declared no-contest (accidental head butt) – Round 1, 0:39
MR.WILLIE

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Roy Nelson def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 3:37
Clay Guida def. Tatsuya Kawajiri via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
wekka
wekka

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:26 pm
Not a fan of Kawajiri at 145. Looks like he's moving in slow motion. Either way, his conditioning looked below average.

Minotauro, you've got to go. You're breaking my heart.
fka
fka

Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:03 pm
How the hell did I miss this is big country's first 205 fight?

I guess I assumed it was big nog but its little nog LOL.

Still good fight probly closer but I'm still going with big country.
fka
fka

Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:06 pm
OK so I'm completely confused.

IT WAS BIG NOG

Damn I saw this coming now nog wants a fight with Mir?
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:20 pm
wekka wrote:Not a fan of Kawajiri at 145. Looks like he's moving in slow motion. Either way, his conditioning looked below average.

Minotauro, you've got to go. You're breaking my heart.
kawajiri dropped by clay guida, just makes me so pissed.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:53 pm
IFL > PRIDE
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum