GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico

+4
Hamilcar
Rocksoldier84
Fairweather
MR.WILLIE
8 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico   Empty UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:57 pm
UFC president Dana White announced on Wednesday in Puerto Rico the organization’s expansion plans for the island, noting Puerto Rico’s rich history in combat sports. The expansion includes the appointment of local sports entrepreneur Peter Rivera as the UFC’s representative in the region. Rivera will be responsible for the commercial management of the UFC brand and the coordination of all details relating to Pay-Per-View sales, tryouts, seminars and special presentations of UFC fighters on the island. Rivera has represented various local boxing promotions as well as several Puerto Rican champions.

In addition to Rivera’s appointment, White and UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, along with his brother, Sergio, a rising UFC bantamweight star, toured the island. The Pettis brothers, who are Puerto Rican, led seminars for nearly 100 aspiring local mixed martial artists, as well as visited Coliseo de Puerto Rico arena.

“The UFC is committed to growing the sport on the island of Puerto Rico,” White said. “I’m excited to partner with somebody as accomplished and respected as Peter Rivera, who we will work alongside in building the UFC in Puerto Rico.”

Hang Tight Puerto Rico, UFC is On the Way
“It is an honor to be chosen by the UFC to represent them in Puerto Rico, as it is the fastest growingsports company in the world,” Rivera said. “Puerto Rico has been distinguished by its love of combat sports. With the Pettis brothers, Dennis Bermudez and other Puerto Rican fighters rising in the sport, we expect an unprecedented explosion of UFC fans throughout Puerto Rico.”

The relationship between the UFC and Puerto Rico has historical ties. In 1996, UFC 8 was held at theRubén Rodríguez Coliseum, where Ken Shamrock defeated Kimo Leopoldo by submission in the main event.
Mma weekly.com
Fairweather

UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico   Empty Re: UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 pm
“It is an honor to be chosen by the UFC to represent them in Puerto Rico, as it is the fastest growingsports company in the world,” Rivera said.
 UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico   3973136183 
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico   Empty Re: UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico

Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:16 am
Fairweather wrote:“It is an honor to be chosen by the UFC to represent them in Puerto Rico, as it is the fastest growingsports company in the world,” Rivera said.
 UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico   3973136183 

You can laugh but at least he said UFC was a sports company and not the fastest growing sport in the world like some UFC fighters and Zuffa Zombies.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:51 am
So, I guess TUF: Puerto Rico is on the way then.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:45 am
Well I'm sure this will be a big bonanza for them. Last week they had a live event in their 2nd biggest market Brazil (200M pop.) with 1/2 Brazilian fighters and one of the Brazilian GOAT's of MMA and drew an attendance of about 6000. And, I'm sure 100% of those tickets were sold.

Raw raw ZUFC!

UFC Announces Expansion into Puerto Rico   550350388
Sonatine
Sonatine

Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 am
NEWS JUST IN: Carlito, Primo and Epico have been announced for zoofa's expansion into Puerto Rico.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:46 pm
Dagwood wrote:Well I'm sure this will be a big bonanza for them. Last week they had a live event in their 2nd biggest market Brazil (200M pop.) with 1/2 Brazilian fighters and one of the Brazilian GOAT's of MMA and drew an attendance of about 6000. And, I'm sure 100% of those tickets were sold.

Raw raw ZUFC!

UFC's excuse was the arena in Natal wasnt very accessible to fans

also they got forced to a sunday because of college football on FS1  Rolling LMAO 
wekka
wekka

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:39 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
Dagwood wrote:Well I'm sure this will be a big bonanza for them. Last week they had a live event in their 2nd biggest market Brazil (200M pop.) with 1/2 Brazilian fighters and one of the Brazilian GOAT's of MMA and drew an attendance of about 6000. And, I'm sure 100% of those tickets were sold.

Raw raw ZUFC!

UFC's excuse was the arena in Natal wasnt very accessible to fans

also they got forced to a sunday because of college football on FS1   Rolling LMAO 

It was incredibly stupid to even run a show during March Madness, which necessitated the fight card to even be in Brazil
MR.WILLIE

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:25 pm
Well, it looks like that one guy in the press conferences can stop asking UFC officials when they’re coming to Puerto Rico.

In an interview with UFC.com, UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner revealed the company is targeting next year for the promotion’s long-awaited return to Puerto Rico.

“I’m going to Puerto Rico to meet with the athletic commission and some government officials there because we do want to fight there sometime in 2015 (in San Juan),” Ratner told UFC.com. “And this will be setting it up. Making sure they use the Unified Rules.”

In March, the UFC announced that the promotion was “committed to growing the sport on the island of Puerto Rico,” hiring longtime boxing promoter Peter Rivera to serve as a UFC representative on the unincorporated territory of the U.S.

The UFC has previously hosted just one event in Puerto Rico, as the promotion visited Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum in February 1996 for “UFC 8: David vs. Goliath.” Still, the island has long been a powerhouse in the boxing world, producing such as talent as Felix “Tito” Trinidad, Miguel Cotto, Hector “Macho” Camacho, John John Molina and Wilfredo Gomez, among others.

Ratner believes that history will help make the UFC successful there, as well.

“It’s a big boxing country, no question there,” Ratner stated. “I think it’s a natural place for UFC. I think we have to get more fighters there. One of our champions, Anthony Pettis, is from Puerto Rico. So they know about combat sports. Obviously, we need to do more pay-per-view work there and more television work there. But I think if we bring a show there, we’ll do great.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/marc-ratner-reveals-ufc-targeting-2015-event-in-san-juan-puerto-rico
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:56 pm
PEAUTO RICOOOOO

WORLD

FUCKING

DOMINATION!!!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum