GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy”

+5
Kinosis
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
KSW
Dapperdoo
ZuffaKiller
9 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy” Empty Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy”

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 pm
Popular Russian heavyweight Alexander Emelianenko talks about his fight with Kenny Garner on M-1 Challenge 31, sparring sessions with Fedor and possible revenge with Magomed Malikov

- Alexander, do you take your brother for a model in everything about religion?

- Yes, of course I do. I believe in God, I go to church usually

- Are you going to fight in M-1 regularly or do you have the contracts for only one fight? Is it possible for you to fight for the title, if you will win against Garner?

– I was talking with Vadim Finkelstein right before press conference that we made today. I am always ready to fight for M-1. After M-1 Challenge 31 he needs to figure out the schedule of the next tournaments, and then he can tell me, when I can get my next fight and who will be my next opponent

- Have you ever been in Belarus? What do you think about the sportsmen from this country?

- I have never been in Belarus, but, of course, I respect Belorussian sportsmen. Actually, I don’t know why are you asking about it, because for me it doesn’t matter if sportsman is from Belarus, Ukraine or any other country, I respect them all

- What do you usually think right before the fight?

– Actually, I don’t even know. Ask me again after my next fight, I will try to keep in mind my pre-fight thoughts and share them with you

- Do you feel Fedor’s power when you train with him? Is he stronger than you physically?

– Of course I do! He is stronger physically, tactically and technically, no doubt about it!

- Where do you see yourself, when your fighting career will be over? Would you like to be, for example, the minister of sport in Russia?

- Hopefully, I will fight for so long time, that maybe there will be no ministries when I will finally retire (laughs)

- Where are you going to prepare for the fight with Garner? To what components you are going to pay the most of your attention during the preparations?

- I’m going to prepare for this fight in Russia, in different cities: Moscow, St.-Petersburg. I will work a lot on my wrestling and boxing skills. Kenny is a good wrestler, he has good stamina

- Do you like freestyle wrestling?

- Yes, I like it very much. I train a lot with freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestlers, I always try to notice and remember some moves that I can use in MMA

- What is happiness for you?

- Happiness for me is my daughter, my family, the woman I love

- Which of your fights do you remember the most?

- I remember them all, they all were tough and important

- Would you like to fight against Magomed Malikov again? Why didn’t you choose him as you opponent for March?

- It’s better to ask Vadim Finkelstein about it. As far as I know, there was an offer, but he declined to organize this fight. As for me, I would like to have revenge very much

- Do you have any hobbies?

– Of course, I do. What hobby? It’s a secret

- Do you realize that you are an idol for many fans? How do you react when people around you pay a lot of attention to your person?

– I am just a normal sportsman, I spend the most of my time in training gym. I meet the fans everyday, many of them recognize me, that’s cool

- Are there any negotiations about the possible fight with Sergei Kharitonov?

– No. I would not like to meet, talk or write about this person anymore

- Do you have any plans for AE Team?

– I do, but it’s only me and my director in this team at this moment, no other sportsmen. Other guys don’t have enough time and motivation. When they realized that professional sports is serious thing, they told me: “Sorry, Alexander, maybe that stuff is not for us”

- Are you going to make training camps in Holland with Fedor? What about your brother Ivan, where is he now?

- Yes, I like Dutch coaches and training process very much. Ivan is in St.-Petersburg now. He’s working and studying in university

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/02/22/alexander-emelianenko-my-daughter-makes-me-happy/
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy” Empty Re: Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy”

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:08 pm
Aleks hates Sergei Very Happy
KSW
KSW

Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy” Empty Re: Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy”

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm
Aleks is a family man like me, I got nothing but love for him. Hopefully he wins the M-1 title and gets the respect he deserves.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:12 pm
Can't wait for Guram-Aleks.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:29 pm
I would love to see Aleks win the belt!

Last edited by Kinosis on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Can't wait for Guram-Aleks.

It would be a great fight for both, Aleks for fighting a new guy on the rise and Guram to prove himself against a big name. His fights so far were very fast, Aleks probably would make us know what he's made of.

Nice interview too, thanks for posting. I like the part he talks about family and his answer to the Belarus question.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 pm
don't count out Kenny Gardner he is still dangerous.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm
Hope Alex wins, but I Gardner could pull out a win.

wekka wrote:Id probably drink her piss too
M1levelposters
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 pm
Alex will always have my support win or lose. The guy still has so much potential in any combat sport. GOAT & Alex & Sergei are the people I'll always look up to.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:20 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:Alex will always have my support win or lose. The guy still has so much potential in any combat sport. GOAT & Alex & Sergei are the people I'll always look up to.

You forgot this guy...

Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy” 10vvpcx9

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 pm
Dagwood wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:Alex will always have my support win or lose. The guy still has so much potential in any combat sport. GOAT & Alex & Sergei are the people I'll always look up to.

You forgot this guy...

Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy” 10vvpcx9

this is true, Comrade Putin is on top of the list, what was I thinking? Alexander Emelianenko: “My daughter makes me happy” 1850251343

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum