GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Miike
Miike

Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion) Empty Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion)

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:07 am
Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion) 000156b

This kind of came out of nowhere and is a bit strange.On May 29th in Dubai an event is happening, called Global FC 3, which will feature a one night, four man Kickboxing tournament. The winner of the tournament will take home 1 million UAE dirhams (approximately $272,000 USD). The participants thus far are strange, to say the least. Announced for the card are Badr Hari, Peter Graham and Peter Aerts. The other big name announced via a press release was ring announcer Michael Buffer.When we know more about this we will be sure to report on.

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2952:badr-hari-peter-aerts-and-peter-graham-participating-in-global-fc-3-on-may-29th&catid=37:kickboxing&Itemid=75

[UPDATE]

Now that is some quick turnaround. Last night at about 1:30am I received a press release announcing Global FC 3, then just hours later they announced their full line-up for their tournament. It turns out that Peter Aerts is not participating in the tournament, instead he will be featured on the card, as will American Dewey Cooper. So the question arises of who is in this tournament?

Right now the names are Badr Hari, Peter Graham, Arnold Oborotov and Stefan Leko. Definitely an eclectic mix here, with Peter Graham fighting MMA of late in Bellator, Oborotov has been relatively quiet after getting his hype train derailed by Jarrell Miller and Andrei Stoica and Stefan Leko is, well, Stefan Leko. Leko's career has had a few interesting twists and turns, but it is safe to say that Stefan Leko's time at the top has come and gone.

http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2953:global-fc-3-immediately-updates-tournament-badr-hari-graham-oborotov-and-leko&catid=37:kickboxing&Itemid=75

Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion) Gfc3

Last edited by Miike on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
MR.WILLIE

Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion) Empty Re: Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion)

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:13 pm
Thanks for theinfo
Miike
Miike

Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion) Empty Re: Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion)

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:57 pm
No problem.

Hari just posted this, no Aerts though.

Hari, Aerts and Grahan fighting may 29t! Global fc (official discussion) 10262014_879277808754527_733935684871947450_n
MR.WILLIE

Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 pm
PETER AERTS VS. DEWEY COOPER FEATURED ON GLOBAL FC CARD

The big story for many on the upcoming Global FC event is that Badr Hari will be fighting, but an interesting bit of information came out last week, with that being that Peter Aerts was set to fight Dewey Cooper on the event. I'll make this clear; I'm a huge Peter Aerts fan, always have been, always will be, and I want Peter Aerts to retire. I want Peter Aerts to enjoy his family, spend time with his children, run his gym, to live a long, healthy life.

That being said, a fight against Dewey Cooper seems about right for the time being. Dewey Cooper is an American fighter who has had a good deal of success here in the United States and abroad, but never was able to break through into that top echelon of fighters. Dewey Cooper is a fighter that can absolutely give Peter Aerts trouble, but is not a guy that I'm concerned about giving Aerts any sort of crazy concussion or really hurting Aerts. That isn't to say that Cooper can't win, because he could and he might, this is a pretty even fight. But, you know, Cooper is not Jamal Ben Saddik.

Here's a look at the rest of the card thus far.

Kamran Morovati vs. Darco Jeremic
Luke Jumeau vs. Hossein Mollamahdi
Gokhan Turkyilmaz vs. Voughn Donayre
Abbas Mollamahdi vs. Erkan Varol
Brian Douwes vs. Srdjan Seles
Singh Jaideep vs. Fatih Ulusoy
Peter Aerts vs. Dewey Cooper
Tournament: Arnold Oborotov vs. Peter Graham
Tournament:Badr Hari vs. Stefan Leko

Liver kick.com
Miike
Miike

Tue May 06, 2014 8:34 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:PETER AERTS VS. DEWEY COOPER FEATURED ON GLOBAL FC CARD

The big story for many on the upcoming Global FC event is that Badr Hari will be fighting, but an interesting bit of information came out last week, with that being that Peter Aerts was set to fight Dewey Cooper on the event. I'll make this clear; I'm a huge Peter Aerts fan, always have been, always will be, and I want Peter Aerts to retire. I want Peter Aerts to enjoy his family, spend time with his children, run his gym, to live a long, healthy life.

That being said, a fight against Dewey Cooper seems about right for the time being. Dewey Cooper is an American fighter who has had a good deal of success here in the United States and abroad, but never was able to break through into that top echelon of fighters. Dewey Cooper is a fighter that can absolutely give Peter Aerts trouble, but is not a guy that I'm concerned about giving Aerts any sort of crazy concussion or really hurting Aerts. That isn't to say that Cooper can't win, because he could and he might, this is a pretty even fight. But, you know, Cooper is not Jamal Ben Saddik.

Liver kick.com

What do you think about this event? I thought Hari vs Londt was the more interesting fight but it's always good to see Badr in action.

Also I think Peter Aerts should have stayed retired, that last fight against Verhoeven was the perfect closure to his career I think, it was like Rocky 6 in a way. Then again, it's always great to see Peter in action aswell.
MR.WILLIE

Tue May 06, 2014 9:32 pm
Miike wrote:

Liver kick.com

What do you think about this event? I thought Hari vs Londt was the more interesting fight but it's always good to see Badr in action.

Also I think Peter Aerts should have stayed retired, that last fight against Verhoeven was the perfect closure to his career I think, it was like Rocky 6 in a way. Then again, it's always great to see Peter in action aswell.

I agree on both arguments! Hair will kill Leko but still we will see him back in action! Also aerts should have stayed retired but he is a tough old man that looked great vs varhoeven so he got his fighter action back again!
Overall looks like an old k1 event if I could I'm watching for sure my friend
MR.WILLIE

Wed May 07, 2014 6:48 pm
Miike wrote:

Liver kick.com

Graham back to kickboxing
Miike
Miike

Wed May 07, 2014 6:58 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Miike wrote:

Liver kick.com

How do you think he will do? I think he's a dangerous guy but probably wont do well this time around.
MR.WILLIE

Wed May 07, 2014 7:20 pm
Miike wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Miike wrote:

Liver kick.com

How do you think he will do? I think he's a dangerous guy but probably wont do well this time around.

He has power, but he has some serious stamina issues, pushing 41 not the same young kid anymore but always fun
MR.WILLIE

Thu May 08, 2014 11:42 am
Miike wrote:

Liver kick.com

Saying that aerts will demolish cooper
MR.WILLIE

Thu May 08, 2014 5:59 pm
Good to see jaideep back
Miike
Miike

Thu May 08, 2014 10:18 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Good to see jaideep back

Yea haven't seen him in a while. Do you think Badr will be back to his old form, or at least close to it?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum