GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card

+13
TeamJohnPerretti
Aunt Red
iforgotmypassword
Dagwood
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
TehPackage
CDF47
PRIDE4EVER
Heretic
Hamilcar
fka
eXtv
MR.WILLIE
17 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card   Empty Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:20 pm
Veteran UFC fighter Chael Sonnen has failed a random drug test and been forced out of a recently booked UFC 175 fight with Vitor Belfort.

Sonnen (28-14-1 MMA, 7-6 UFC) tested positive for two banned substances and has been removed from the July 5 pay-per-view event, ESPN.com first reported. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Bob Bennett subsequently confirmed the failed test when contacted by MMAjunkie.

Sonnen tested positive for anastrozole, a non-steroidal aromatase-inhibiting drug used to treat breast cancer, and clomiphene, which is used to treat female infertility. Bennett said a complaint has been filed against the fighter, who could face a fine and/or suspension. It is unknown whether he will appeal the complaint; however, sources indicated to ESPN.com that he will accept the test results.

“No, I don’t know (if he’ll appeal),” Bennett said. “I believe he’s going to address the public shortly this afternoon. We haven’t heard. He may be at the commission (hearing) on [on June 17], but that still remains to be seen.

” … [The punishment] could be anything from accepting his explanation to a fine and a suspension. Not having all the facts on the table at this time … as far as any guidelines for penalties, it would be accepting some form of explanation that he has to be objective and fair, and if that doesn’t suffice because both drugs are on the WADA list and they’re prohibited, it could be a fine and a suspension.”

Sonnen recently halted his use of testosterone-replacement therapy following the NSAC’s ban of the controversial hormone therapy in February. He discussed the process in a recent video interview with MMAjunkie, which can be found below.

Bennett didn’t want to speculate if the drugs detected in Sonnen’s failed drug test may have been used to help his post-TRT transition, though he suggested repercussions are likely.

“I’m not a doctor,” he said. “All I do know is that those substances are banned, and it will be interesting to see what Mr. Sonnen’s response is as to why they were found in his system. At this point in time, I couldn’t comment on that.

” … I’m sure his overall history with his moral character and his previous tests, I’m sure that will all be considered by the commissioners, not that I’m speaking for them. But I think common sense would dictate that you look at all the events that he’s been involved with, and that will be part of the equation to end up with the results.”

According to the UFC, Sonnen is expected to address the failed test today.

“UFC officials acknowledge irregularities in a recent random test,” the statement read. “Chael is planning on addressing the matter this afternoon.”

Sonnen, a three-time UFC title challenger who also hosts the UFC’s weekly “UFC Tonight” news show on FOX Sports 1, was tested while in Las Vegas for a recent UFC media conference.

Sonnen also was called before the NSAC on May 13 in a special meeting because of a previous suspension stemming from his testosterone use, which arose when he failed to properly disclose it following his first fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 117 in 2010.

Sonnen, of course, was expected to fight rival Wanderlei Silva following the conclusion of their stints as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3″ earlier this year. Injuries delayed the matchup before it was scrapped entirely due to “issues related to Wanderlei Silva’s licensing in the state of Nevada,” according to UFC officials. Sonnen was then slated to fight Belfort (24-10 MMA, 13-6 UFC) in a UFC 175 main-card bout, though it’s now been scrapped.

Mma junkie.com
eXtv
eXtv

Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card   Empty Re: Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:32 pm
Official Thread Theme Music:

fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card   Empty Re: Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 pm
Lmfao this fight has exposed all 3 fighters involved as cheats.....

Ufc is falling apart piece by piece lol
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 pm
This is hilarious!

Heretic
Heretic

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:16 pm
this is just priceless
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:31 am
hahaha drug testing in mma is a joke. What's worse is the gross favoritism shown by Dana and the UFC 2nd positive test by Chael no one says shit Wand didn't even fail a test and he is branded a cheater gotta love the stupid fucking logic people use
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:09 pm
Card is hurt now. They should put the Penn/Edgar fight on this card and get Vitor a good opponent.
fka
fka

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:24 pm
Wandy only didn't fail cuz he literally ran from the nsac.

Chael should be roasted like vitor has been but he wont since he's a commentary Guy for fox they will try and sweep this under the rug.

Everyone in this fight is guilty of one thing or another LOL.

TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:17 pm
PRIDE4EVER wrote:hahaha drug testing in mma is a joke. What's worse is the gross favoritism shown by Dana and the UFC 2nd positive test by Chael no one says shit Wand didn't even fail a test and he is branded a cheater gotta love the stupid fucking logic people use
Wanderlei is a cheater.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:48 pm
TehPackage wrote:
PRIDE4EVER wrote:hahaha drug testing in mma is a joke. What's worse is the gross favoritism shown by Dana and the UFC 2nd positive test by Chael no one says shit Wand didn't even fail a test and he is branded a cheater gotta love the stupid fucking logic people use
Wanderlei is a cheater.
by my count he's not never tested positive for ANYTHING! And lol at literally ran from the nsac are we going to go all zombie mode and repeat and believe the bald fathers every word now?
fka
fka

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 pm
No I read multiple reports from multiple sources and there are pics if him in the bar thar night LOL.

Also if he were down to clear his name he should be demanding a piss test to shut people up....
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 pm
fka wrote:No I read multiple reports from multiple sources and there are pics if him in the bar thar night LOL.

Also if he were down to clear his name he should be demanding a piss test to shut people up....
Right cause mma media doesn't = Zuffa paid writers, so the guy went to a bar the night of him supposedly running from a drug test he's not allowed a beer?

He will be meeting with the nsac to clear it up, and the btw the only people I hear say he "ran" from the test was uncle fester and fail sonnen

Who both know a thing or two about roids,what a fucking joke.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:22 pm
fka wrote:No I read multiple reports from multiple sources and there are pics if him in the bar thar night LOL.

I'm pretty sure those source came from FRB since he got vendatta against Silva because he is chael sonnen boy.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:42 pm
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:

I'm pretty sure those source came from FRB since he got vendatta against Silva because he is chael sonnen boy.

kane! I've missed you.

Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card   980314008 
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Only shit posters like Fka and tehpakage would use front row brian as a source. That should be a bannable offense.
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:13 am
A zuffa created myth is proven to be a fake (again). Surprise, surprise.
fka
fka

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:15 am
^^^^^^
There's a bridge missing its idiot....er I mean troll somewhere

God forbid someone say they think wandy is guilty of something haha

This whole thing with him ducking sonnen for ages lost some street cred for wandy....

fka
fka

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:17 am
Oh directed at ifirgotmymypenis

Wandy is looking faulty unless he tests soon....
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:31 am
fka wrote:Oh directed at ifirgotmymypenis

Sad for such a good site, you're the most active poster. I wish I never read ONE of your douchebro posts.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:48 am
iforgotmypassword wrote:
fka wrote:Oh directed at ifirgotmymypenis

Sad for such a good site, you're the most active poster. I wish I never read ONE of your douchebro posts.

Come on both of you guys. Let keep it nice.
 Chael Sonnen fails random drug test, forced off UFC 175 card   4178444241
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 am
fka wrote:^^^^^^
There's a bridge missing its idiot....er I mean troll somewhere

God forbid someone say they think wandy is guilty of something haha

This whole thing with him ducking sonnen for ages lost some street cred for wandy....

Your avatar looks like white trash. Of course you're a Sonnen fan.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:19 am
fka wrote:No I read multiple reports from multiple sources

And that means?

mainstream mma media is bought/controlled/influenced by Zuffa
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:48 pm
ONCE a cheat, always a CHEAT.

A crook, fraud, cheat, criminal BUT forever a juicer.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:54 pm
iforgotmypassword wrote:

Only shit posters like Fka and tehpakage would use front row brian as a source. That should be a bannable offense.
 Rolling LMAO Are you still mad? Tott, your trolling is old and played out. I dont even know who front row Brian is. Tell me again how kickboxing is"the sport of kings" Rolling LMAO  Its been over a month. We need more shitty threads about boxing/mma. http://goldblumtopteam.forumotion.eu/ <<<< faggots. Quit stalking me.

Last edited by TehPackage on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
TehPackage
TehPackage

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:56 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:
fka wrote:No I read multiple reports from multiple sources

And that means?

mainstream mma media is bought/controlled/influenced by Zuffa
We know. You bring it up every fucking thread. Also Wandy is a fighter under the Zuffa label. So the Zuffa media puts out bullshit stories about Zuffa?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum