GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

UFC To Make Exclusive Uniforms Deal  Empty UFC To Make Exclusive Uniforms Deal

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 am
For years now, there has been talk of the UFC possibly adding uniforms for their fighters to wear while competing inside the octagon and now Mike Mossholder, who is the UFC’s svp of global marketing partnerships has added more fuel to the fire.

The AdWeek.com report reads:

The UFC is “actively engaged in conversations” with a “premium apparel line” for an exclusive deal to outfit the league’s 400-plus fighters, said Mossholder, who would not reveal the outfitter. Since Rousey’s the “No. 1 most requested athlete” by UFC sponsors like MetroPCS, it’s “highly likely” she’d be highlighted. Reps from Nike, Under Armour and Adidas either declined to comment or could not be reached.

http://mmafrenzy.com/106080/ufc-make-exclusive-uniforms-deal-fighters/
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

UFC To Make Exclusive Uniforms Deal  Empty Re: UFC To Make Exclusive Uniforms Deal

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 am
Wonder what's going to happen to fighter's getting their own sponsors? That money makes a big difference for the fighters.

Hamilcar
Hamilcar

UFC To Make Exclusive Uniforms Deal  Empty Re: UFC To Make Exclusive Uniforms Deal

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:18 am
I don't know what this would with sponsors, but I predict all of the fighters appearing in all black trunks with the UFC logo stamped on. Best way to get uniformity is uniforms.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 am
I can't see an "exclusive uniform deal" without the UFC banning every other fucking brand and other sponsors
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 am
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Wonder what's going to happen to fighter's getting their own sponsors? That money makes a big difference for the fighters.

soon all fighters will look the same, act the same, fight the same.... while individuality is stomped out for the BRAND of UFC.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 am
And they wonder why they can't make new stars.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:21 am
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Wonder what's going to happen to fighter's getting their own sponsors? That money makes a big difference for the fighters.

Hamilcar wrote:I don't know what this would with sponsors, but I predict all of the fighters appearing in all black trunks with the UFC logo stamped on.  Best way to get uniformity is uniforms.

My guess is that the uniforms will be like billboards, with pre-designed placement positions for sponsorship banners. In other words, I expect something somewhat analogous to the Nascar model.

stu3ufc wrote:I can't see an "exclusive uniform deal" without the UFC banning every other fucking brand and other sponsors

Yeah, I'm sure that there's going to be a lot of red tape involved here. No doubt approved sponsors only. Sponsors already have to pay a hefty fee to Zuffa directly for the privilege of being allowed to sponsor. This should further streamline their control.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:15 pm
Mark my words this is going to bite them in the ass so bad! Fighters getting frustrated and leaving in droves I'm predicting this!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:51 pm
This absolutely one of the dumbest ideas they've had.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:03 am
The reason why I predict black trunks is that I am guessing Rousey is the model employee. She wears a UFC uniform without any sponsors.

The idea of uniforms just doesn't make any sense. Has any other combat sport done this? Has wrestling or jujitsu ever had uniforms?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum