GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

No Holds Barred: Anthony Sansonetti on Aug. 30 American Heavyweight Catch Wrestling Championship Empty No Holds Barred: Anthony Sansonetti on Aug. 30 American Heavyweight Catch Wrestling Championship

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:29 pm

On this edition of No Holds Barred, host Eddie Goldman spoke with Anthony Sansonetti.

On Saturday, August 30, he will wrestling in the main event of the Liberty Bell Classic/King of Catch Wrestling Tournament.

This match will be for the American heavyweight catch wrestling championship.

In this match, Anthony Sansonetti, the 2013 King of Catch Wrestling USA absolute division champion, will face the two-time King of Catch Wrestling heavyweight champion, Luis Ojeda of San Diego, California. This match will be best two-out-of-three falls, with each fall having a 15-minute time limit.

Presented by the North American Catch Wrestling Association and Scientific Wrestling, the Liberty Bell Classic/King of Catch Wrestling Tournament takes place Saturday, August 30, at Primal Gym, 231 Bakers Basin Road, Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648. At it, there will be an amateur tournament as well as this main event. In all these matches, you can only win by pin or submission, with no points or judges.

We spoke with Anthony Sansonetti by phone Friday.

The founder and head coach at Team Renegade NY, and the owner of Tiger Martial Arts in Levittown, New York, he noted, "I've been doing martial arts my whole life."

His preparation for competing in this newly-revived sport of catch wrestling is extensive.

"The grappling portion of it, my father, my uncle were into wrestling, and they taught me how to wrestle growing up. One of my great-uncles was a judo instructor. So we grew up in a wrestling family," he said.

"Later on I did more judo. I did some shoot wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and then sambo. I've been doing sambo for the last ten years or so. So I feel like I've done all of the major grappling styles."

He has already competed in catch wrestling events in the U.S. and Canada, and thus comes into this championship match with a relatively high degree of experience in catch wrestling.

We also discussed his preparation for what could be a lengthy match, how catch wrestling could become as or more popular than Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, how it is more exciting than Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the future of catch wrestling, and much more.

You can play or download No Holds Barred here and here. If one link does not work, please try another.

No Holds Barred is also available on mobile phones and iPads through Stitcher.

Also, No Holds Barred is available through iTunes.

The No Holds Barred theme song is called "The Heist", which is also available on iTunes by composer Ian Snow.

No Holds Barred is free to listen to and is sponsored by:

American Top Team. Whether you're a beginner or a champion, train with the champions in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, boxing, wrestling, grappling, and mixed martial arts at American Top Team. Check out their web site at AmericanTopTeam.com.

The Liberty Bell Classic / King of Catch Wrestling Tournament, presented by the North American Catch Wrestling Association and Scientific Wrestling. In this tournament, you can only win by pin or submission, with no points. It all takes place Saturday, August 30, at Primal Gym, 231 Bakers Basin Road, Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648. For more information, go to KingOfCatchWrestling.com.

Scientific Wrestling, igniting a revolution in grappling based on the pursuit of traditional Catch-As-Catch-Can wrestling. Our people are legitimate Scientific Wrestling practitioners united around training, competition, innovation, grueling physical conditioning, camaraderie, and the sharing of reliable resources. For more information, go to ScientificWrestling.com.

Snake Pit U.S.A., whose primary mission is to breathe new life into real catch-as-catch-can wrestling and help lead the catch wrestling revolution for martial artists and those pursuing recreational training and fitness alike. For more information, go to SnakePitUSA.com.

The Catch Wrestling Alliance, a catch wrestling promotion that works with the highest level catch wrestlers from around the world with the goal of reviving the great sport of catch-as-catch-can wrestling. The Catch Wrestling Alliance organizes catch wrestling sporting events, and its primary organizer is Dr. Raul Ramirez. For more information, go to CatchWrestlingAlliance.com.

Takedown Wrestling Media, America's wrestling TV and radio shows, which are hosted by founder Scott Casber, and have been airing on radio and Internet for over 17 years. Takedown Media produces a weekly TV program seen in 54 million homes in the U.S. on DirecTV, Dish Network, and cable affiliates around the country, called Takedown TV.  Takedown Media also produces the weekly USA Wrestling TV show for the governing body of the sport, USA Wrestling. For more information, go to TakedownRadio.com.

Thanks, Eddie Goldman
EddieGoldman.com
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

No Holds Barred: Anthony Sansonetti on Aug. 30 American Heavyweight Catch Wrestling Championship Empty Re: No Holds Barred: Anthony Sansonetti on Aug. 30 American Heavyweight Catch Wrestling Championship

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:00 pm
FYI, this match is scheduled to take place in a RING! No Holds Barred: Anthony Sansonetti on Aug. 30 American Heavyweight Catch Wrestling Championship 2750705302 No Holds Barred: Anthony Sansonetti on Aug. 30 American Heavyweight Catch Wrestling Championship 550350388 No Holds Barred: Anthony Sansonetti on Aug. 30 American Heavyweight Catch Wrestling Championship 4178444241
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum