GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok

+8
iforgotmypassword
CDF47
Rocksoldier84
stu3ufc
Adax
God of Thunder
Hamilcar
fka
12 posters
Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok  Empty Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:08 pm
fka
fka

Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok  Empty Re: Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:10 pm
Best tweet comes from Josh Barnett

What!? @Reebok is doing uniforms for the @ufc? Damnit! This going to completely screw my L.A. Gear deal! No more light up gloves either.
fka
fka

Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok  Empty Re: Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:15 pm
The best realistic tweet is from Joe Lauzon

Until we see numbers no one should have an opinion good or bad.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:25 pm
fka wrote:The best realistic tweet is from Joe Lauzon

Until we see numbers no one should have an opinion good or bad.

No. I am going to have an opinion! This will not only hurt the fighters, but also small business! Do Fortune 500 companies need more advertising? Are they really going to pay the fighters more? No. We already know that they are not because of the rankings system. Pay will still be dictated by the UFC, not the sponsors. Fighters have been asking for higher pay for along time and the UFC never gave them a raise. They certainly are not going to do that now. The UFC wants to stop giving advertising that does not benefit themselves.

Further, combat sports are not a team sport!! It should not have uniforms! No other combat sport does this nor should they!
fka
fka

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:54 pm
To be clear i dont agree with the uniforms...

By realistic i meant non sarcasm lol

There were a bunch of fighters loving the new deal...idiots
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:56 pm
fka wrote:To be clear i dont agree with the uniforms...

They just say they like the new deal because they want to be friends with their mafia boss.
Adax

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:10 pm
As if fighters in the youeffsee needed MORE help being without personality. Create-a-fighter empty spirit nonsense.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:37 pm
Hamilcar wrote:The UFC wants to stop giving advertising that does not benefit themselves.

This point alone

end thread/
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:26 pm
Golden Age wrote:

They just say they like the new deal because they want to be friends with their mafia boss.

Right. You think they want to anger the almighty bald headed fuck and his handlers? Dana has shown his true colors many times and isn't afraid to bully and throw his own fighters under a bus.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:45 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
Hamilcar wrote:The UFC wants to stop giving advertising that does not benefit themselves.

This point alone

end thread/

Yup, pretty much that says it all.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:46 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

Right. You think they want to anger the almighty bald headed fuck and his handlers? Dana has shown his true colors many times and isn't afraid to bully and throw his own fighters under a bus.

LOL
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:31 pm
CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

This point alone

end thread/

Yup, pretty much that says it all.

fucking disgusting! I refuse to support them in any way now.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:07 am
I actively do whatever I can so ZUFFA fails. I talk bad about the UFC to friends and tell them NOT to order PPV's.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:25 am
i done one better i have never orderred a ufc ppv never have im not bsing either ufc fucked up
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:10 pm
So, they'll continue to underpay fighters and take money out of their pockets, while subsequently continue to line their own with this deal?

Shameful stuff. No
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:11 pm
iforgotmypassword wrote:I actively do whatever I can so ZUFFA fails. I talk bad about the UFC to friends and tell them NOT to order PPV's.

Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok  2750705302

Keep up the good work.

People need to stop financially supporting Zuffa. There are even people on here a site, "MMA-Politically Opposed To Zuffa" that happily talk about ordering ppv shows and attending live events.

If you support Zuffa you support their scumbag ownership and their horrible product.

fka
fka

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 pm
Maybe after people see the overall effects of this t will detour fighters and managers from wanting to work with zuffa llc....

Otherwise you can't blame people who follow the sport closely for watching an occasional ufc because at the rate ufc snaps up young talent and any fighter hyped by gmma odds are you have atleast 1 fighter in each weight class you really like.

I get the criticism. ..i know what site im on but also understand a sizeable amount of my cash and time was thrown straight into yakuza bankroll lol so im about fights period.

Pay is a huge issue but reading contracts seems to be a big issue as well...people knowingly sign making dirt thinking its life changing for some reason.

Again if fighters literally just refused to fight until financial agreements were met it would instantly start a change....

I love mma and watch as much as humanly possible i though avoid any obvious money grab ppvs but when fights come that i want to see...bet your ass im watching
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:52 pm
Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok  <blockquote class=
In 2010 before the Zuffa Sponsor tax, I was making 16k from sponsors per fight. My dollars dropped to less that 3k per fight post Zuffa tax.
— Conor Heun (@ConorHeun) December 3, 2014 " />

Fighters react on Twitter to new uniform deal between UFC and Reebok  <blockquote class=
@caseharts no because the @ufc controls who can sponsor the fighters and charges then 100k for the right to do so.
— Conor Heun (@ConorHeun) December 3, 2014 " />
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:56 pm
I can see zuffa selling the UFC soon in the future like in 5-6 years.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:42 am
stu3ufc wrote:I can see zuffa selling the UFC soon in the future like in 5-6 years.

lets hope it still sucks pride wec and strikeforce are gone these orgs were 10x the orgs the ufc is
fka
fka

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:44 am
Agreed to everything above
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 pm
needles is saying we wont make money off this its on mma fighting or some thing like that sure dana sure just like you dont swear like a sailor you definitley dont throw your own fighters even your champions under the bus you dont talk shit and put down fighters not in your org gotta make a person laugh
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:08 pm
^Dana is full of s**t. UFC will be bending the fighters over backwards with this deal. As usual.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Jonathan Snowden @mmaencyclopedia · 43m 43 minutes ago

UFC knows it can't make the cornermen wear the Reebok gear. But they are threatening the fighters if their corners don't wear it. Brutal.

----

Brent Brookhouse @brentbrookhouse · 5m 5 minutes ago

after asking around, it’s been “made clear” that UFC "will cancel your fight" if your corner wears non-Reebok gear at fight week events
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:35 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
Jonathan Snowden @mmaencyclopedia  ·  43m 43 minutes ago

UFC knows it can't make the cornermen wear the Reebok gear. But they are threatening the fighters if their corners don't wear it. Brutal.

----

Brent Brookhouse @brentbrookhouse  ·  5m 5 minutes ago

after asking around, it’s been “made clear” that UFC "will cancel your fight" if your corner wears non-Reebok gear at fight week events

The UFC is ran by spoiled, bratty children.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum