GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fedor vs Cro Cop II?

+13
RussianTopTeam
CDF47
Dapperdoo
rezin
KSW
AG208
monaroCountry
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Dagwood
Michał
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Deadarmour
Kinosis
17 posters
Go down
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Fedor vs Cro Cop II? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fedor vs Cro Cop II?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:41 pm
If you actually want to see this fight....then you hate Cro Cop.

Misowaman
Misowaman

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 pm
Please god no. Watching Cro Cop lay lifeless on the canvas is one of the worst things to look at Sad
This fight would pull the BIG RATINGS, but nobody should want to see this fight.

The only old timey fight that I would be even a tiny bit interested in would be Cro Cop vs. Arlovski.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:04 pm
AG208 wrote:Its a tick. I have the same thing, but in my left. After a lot of exercise, or strenuous hard work, my left arm does a twitch like that. He joked about it in his croatian documentary years back. He's had it pretty well his entire career, and it hasn't hindered him any.

Yeah, apparently he got some kind of damage in his K-1 stint.
That being said, I don't think it's something that should just be dismissed as nothing.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm
Kinosis wrote:^Yeah it could just be a nervous twitch or something, hard to say. Maybe he should just call it a day (I thought the Pat Berry fight was the one to go out on, it was perfect).

I was so happy when Cro Cop won against Pat Barry, I went absolute ape shit.
Followed by sitting down and crying when Liddell/Franklin happened No
KSW
KSW

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:50 am
Misowaman wrote:
AG208 wrote:Its a tick. I have the same thing, but in my left. After a lot of exercise, or strenuous hard work, my left arm does a twitch like that. He joked about it in his croatian documentary years back. He's had it pretty well his entire career, and it hasn't hindered him any.

Yeah, apparently he got some kind of damage in his K-1 stint.
That being said, I don't think it's something that should just be dismissed as nothing.
I think he´s born with that tick and it´s harmless. I know several people with ticks and they always had it.
KSW
KSW

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:51 am
Misowaman wrote:Please god no. Watching Cro Cop lay lifeless on the canvas is one of the worst things to look at Sad
This fight would pull the BIG RATINGS, but nobody should want to see this fight.

The only old timey fight that I would be even a tiny bit interested in would be Cro Cop vs. Arlovski.
Cro Cop vs Arlovski would have been epic 7 years ago, I´m almost sad it didn´t happen.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 am
yeah, Arlovski/Cro Cop was supposed to happen at UFC 53. A lot of fights came close to happening back then.

Hughes/Anderson Silva, for example. Shooto champion vs. UFC champion for ALL ZE MARBLES.
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:29 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Misowaman wrote:Please god no. Watching Cro Cop lay lifeless on the canvas is one of the worst things to look at Sad

Cro Cop vs Arlovski would have been epic 7 years ago, I´m almost sad it didn´t happen.

Cro Cop vs. Arlovski - 1st power shot wins.

It's like playing with the goldengun on Goldeneye 64.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:40 pm
Cro Cop would have ended Arlovski's life back in 2005
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 pm
Misowaman wrote:Cro Cop would have ended Arlovski's life back in 2005

I agree with you... but AA could KO him if Crocop made any sizeable mistakes standing.

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 pm
A PRIME Datsik, need I say more?
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:23 pm
Now that I think about it, striking defense has never seemed to be Cro Cop's thing. Maybe it comes with being a kickboxer.

Thinking about it, a prime arlovski would probably be the favourite against a prime Cro Cop. I think that, if THIS can happen;

Fedor vs Cro Cop II? - Page 2 Flebo2

Then Arlovski would be able to find your chin. Arlovski is a great striker, the only thing that fails him is his mind (I don't think that his chin is nearly as bad as people think, I think punches get thrown, and he panics, and makes mistakes)
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 pm
there's no shame in losing to a PRIME Randleman who at the time had juice running out of his ears
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm
No shame in losing to him, but I would take some shame in getting knocked down standing by Randleman, who embodied the Hammer Haus mentality of "Lifting weights and Eating Red Meat is a Training Camp"

It's the yesteryear equivalent of losing a boxing match with Cung Le.

My point was; if Randleman could find a prime Cro Cop's chin, Arlovski could as well. Despite that, I would have loved to see that fight.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 pm
That's actually a really good punch.

MMA striking is weird, you get guys who can't strike like Randleman landing a great hook on a striker like Cro Cop

and shit fighters like Brett Rogers displaying the proper use of the jab

Fedor vs Cro Cop II? - Page 2 Jab
KSW
KSW

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 am
Misowaman wrote:No shame in losing to him, but I would take some shame in getting knocked down standing by Randleman, who embodied the Hammer Haus mentality of "Lifting weights and Eating Red Meat is a Training Camp"

It's the yesteryear equivalent of losing a boxing match with Cung Le.

My point was; if Randleman could find a prime Cro Cop's chin, Arlovski could as well. Despite that, I would have loved to see that fight.
Cro Cop doesn´t have Mark Hunts chin, that´s for sure. Technically he was a much better stand up fighter than Arlovski and I think Arlovski would try to take him down.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:31 am
It's not that Cro Cop isn't a good striker, because he is .... offensively. Again, I think it's a thing that comes over with kickboxing. Kickboxers, usually, don't have good defense. A guy like Giorgio Petrosyan has great defense, and he's one of the best ever.

I don't think his chin has ever been that bad, I think his striking defense sucks fat dick. When he's coming forward, he's one of the most terrifying fighters ever, but he's not the same when he's moving back.

Technique wise, I think Arlovski had the better hands, as there are maybe 3 or 4 heavyweights ever in mma that have better boxing technique than Arlovski.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:21 am
The reason Randleman was able to land that punch was because Cro Cop was on the look out for takedowns. That is one of the main reasons so many strikers get hit by grapplers, they are waiting for the takedown to come and have their hands lower to defend the shot. Mir caught Kongo for the same reason, Sonnen caught Anderson Silva, etc.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 am
Kinosis wrote:The reason Randleman was able to land that punch was because Cro Cop was on the look out for takedowns. That is one of the main reasons so many strikers get hit by grapplers, they are waiting for the takedown to come and have their hands lower to defend the shot. Mir caught Kongo for the same reason, Sonnen caught Anderson Silva, etc.

I think it was just good timing. Randleman saw Cro Cop was throwing a kick, and countered with a great punch.

Fedor vs Cro Cop II? - Page 2 73pf84
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am
^ Could be, I haven't watched that fight in a long time. But that is one reason why grapplers are able to land on far superior strikers. Just the threat of a takedown means the striker has that split second delay to try to recognize what is coming at them. Randleman was also really fast and powerful, and steroided up out of his mind lol.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm
The Randleman fight says not a thing about how an Arlovski fight would've gone.

And that was a once in a lifetime shot. It wasn't a bad punch per se (though it was pretty wide) but Crocop clearly didn't expect it. And the timing was really good.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 pm
It was a great punch that was greatly timed, but my point is that; if Randleman can find the chin, Arlovski, prime or not, could find the chin.

I love Cro Cop, but strike defense isn't, and hasn't, been his thing. He is probably the best offensive kickboxer in heavyweight MMA history, but he's a completely different fighter when he's moving backwards. He's uncomfortable all the defense, but a monster when he's attacking.
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:37 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:A PRIME Datsik, need I say more?
No you don't.

We all know that a prime Datsik who stayed out of trouble would have absolutely wrecked everyone.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum