GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Bloody Anus: Yasubey Enomoto Defended M-1 Global Title With An Open Wound Empty Bloody Anus: Yasubey Enomoto Defended M-1 Global Title With An Open Wound

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:25 pm
Yasubey Enomoto fought on M-1 Challenge 31 against Rashid Magomedov in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was his first title defense of the M-1 Global Welterweight Championship he won last December and it proved to be a very tough outing for the Swiss-Japanese fighter.

Against a very tough Russian opponent, Enomoto battled through multiple eye pokes and groin kicks, and eventually lost a decision (50-45, 49-47, 50-45) in a fight that was definitely much closer than what the scorecards portrayed. Those hardships weren't the only challenges Yasubey had to face though, as he had a much tougher battle outside the ring. A challenge that is relatively common in MMA but very dangerous to its athletes.

"He fought with an infection on his shin and was on antibiotics the whole week prior to the fight," said his brother Felipe Enomoto in an interview with BloodyElbow.com, "That's why it was taped, because he had a huge open wound there"

Felipe, who is currently training for a ONE FC bout against Zorobabel Moreira, said that his brother's infection got even worse. It has been almost two weeks after the bout, and Yasubey is still getting treated in the hospital.

"The infection has now spread in his knee, because the heat in the sauna during the weight cut," Felipe Enomoto said, "Right now, he has been in the hospital for 3 days because of that, with an IV that puts antibiotics in his blood nonstop. Also I wish my brother to get well fast from this, because I'm in Thailand right now and can not visit him in hospital."

"I only say this because I'm so proud of him for still fighting, (but) maybe not the smartest idea to fight with this" Felipe continued, "He was not backing down an inch, always attacking like a true champion! Samurai style!"

"Also I don't agree with the decision. My brother is still the champ in my eyes." he said, "The infection thing has nothing to do with what I think about the decision, (nor am I) taking something away from his opponent because Rashid (Magomedov) also made a good fight out of it."

It was a very close fight. No doubt, it would take a tremendous amount of toughness and heart to go through a training camp to compete for 25 minutes with this debilitating infection, but the dangers in doing so can't be understated.

Yasubey came out with his left shin taped. Midway through the fight though, the infected wound opened up again and the blood can be seen leaking through. This not only endangers his opponent, but it also risks everyone who stepped inside the ring such as the referees, and the other fighters who competed after this bout.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission came under fire after a similar incident 2 years ago when Matt Hamill fought with a scab on his back that was allegedly a staph infection that has healed and dried. This situation here poses more danger based on the fact that the wound was still open, and hasn't healed more than a week after the fight.

Enomoto displayed toughness and grit, but he shouldn't have been allowed to compete in the first place. The problem is, Russia doesn't have a similar governing body like these Athletic Commissions in the States, so the blame also goes to the promoters themselves.

M-1 Global unnecessarily risked several fighters and officials by exposing them to an infection from an open wound, but this whole situation makes it look like they would rather go through that than take a financial blow by cancelling a title fight on the last minute.

I'm not sure if I should be surprised though, as M-1 also booked a guy reported to have hepatitis in Alexander Emelianenko on the very same card.

Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery for Yasubey Enomoto. His brother Felipe will be competing in ONE FC next weekend, and he surely would like his brother to be there in his corner as he approaches the biggest fight of his career.

KSW
KSW

Bloody Anus: Yasubey Enomoto Defended M-1 Global Title With An Open Wound Empty Re: Bloody Anus: Yasubey Enomoto Defended M-1 Global Title With An Open Wound

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:56 pm
Respect to Enomoto for being such a warrior, after hearing this I think he will beat Rashid in a rematch.

M-1 also booked a guy reported to have hepatitis in Alexander Emelianenko on the very same card.
confused This is just a rumour that was proved wrong a long time ago. Aleks is clean and people who say he has hep C are stupid.
ZuffaKiller

Bloody Anus: Yasubey Enomoto Defended M-1 Global Title With An Open Wound Empty Re: Bloody Anus: Yasubey Enomoto Defended M-1 Global Title With An Open Wound

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:02 pm
Thats the bias zuffa mma media for you tell likes and repeat them and to people the lie becomes the truth.
KSW
KSW

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:10 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:Thats the bias zuffa mma media for you tell likes and repeat them and to people the lie becomes the truth.
It happens over and over again when it comes to non-zuffa promotions and fighters but when someone tells facts about zuffa everyone denies it. I´m sick of this shit.
ZuffaKiller

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
ZuffaKiller wrote:Thats the bias zuffa mma media for you tell likes and repeat them and to people the lie becomes the truth.
It happens over and over again when it comes to non-zuffa promotions and fighters but when someone tells facts about zuffa everyone denies it. I´m sick of this shit.

True and its pathetic
It would be cool if there was non bias mma media.
KSW
KSW

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:32 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

True and its pathetic
We should make a GLOBAL-MMA newspage where we write the truth about mma Very Happy
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:37 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
ZuffaKiller wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

True and its pathetic
We should make a GLOBAL-MMA newspage where we write the truth about mma Very Happy

I support that, i talked about it before with you. I vote do ZuffaKiller to be the man behind the news, and everyone could post articles and stuff.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm
im totally down for a news page infact I would like to have a small section of my own to give my personal thoughts on mma and combat sports as a whole.
KSW
KSW

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:20 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:im totally down for a news page infact I would like to have a small section of my own to give my personal thoughts on mma and combat sports as a whole.
Awesome!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:06 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
ZuffaKiller wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

True and its pathetic

That would be awesome.
KSW
KSW

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:01 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:
ZuffaKiller wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

True and its pathetic

That would be awesome.
Let´s do it
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:04 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:
ZuffaKiller wrote:

True and its pathetic

That would be awesome.
Let´s do it

Yeah, we should. A news portion would be awesome.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum