GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

+8
Rocksoldier84
cisco
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
fatty
stu3ufc
CDF47
God of Thunder
Kinosis
12 posters
Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen Empty I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:07 pm
I would love to see it.  I suggested a few fighters as well.  Fedor, Blagoi Ivanov, Baruto, Roger Gracie, TK, Kongo.  Just need 2 more.  All of those guys could be possible I think and would be great.  Perhaps get a couple of others from events that worked with Rizin this past time.

If you guys are also interested in that, perhaps tweet him and the Rizin page, whomever else might listen.

Last edited by Kinosis on Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen Empty Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:13 pm
Rizin should definietly merge LHW and HW to put on another GP. Pudzilla and Erokhin is on my wish list. Gather all the top LHW-HW from our rankings in a Grand Prix.
Kinosis
Kinosis

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen Empty Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:16 pm
I would love one with just the real big guys.  I was thinking 8 man but if they wanted to stretch it out over a few events they could do 16 man, get some more freak show guys in there.  Bob Sapp, etc.  Some more good guys as well like Kharitonov, bring back Arona and Herring, Monson is still fighting.  Heck, throw the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock winner in there also.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:36 pm
Golden Age wrote:Rizin should definietly merge LHW and HW to put on another GP. Pudzilla and Erokhin is on my wish list. Gather all the top LHW-HW from our rankings in a Grand Prix.

That would be cool
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:42 pm
Kinosis wrote:I would love to see it.  I suggested a few fighters as well.  Fedor, Blagoi Ivanov, Baruto, Roger Gracie, TK, Kongo.  Just need 2 more.  All of those guys could be possible I think and would be great.  Perhaps get a couple of others from events that worked with Rizin this past time.

If you guys are also interested in that, perhaps tweet him and the Rizin page, whomever else might listen.  

Open weight GP would be cool as well
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:53 am
Sounds like they may be planning a HW tourney (though it could be any weight class I suppose). Fedor is fighting again in April, then mentions a Tournament in August.

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/1/10698380/fedor-my-next-fight-will-take-place-in-april
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:08 pm
so good to see fedor fight

couldnt care who against.... loved watching him smash that jadeep faggot
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:28 pm
Kinosis wrote:Sounds like they may be planning a HW tourney (though it could be any weight class I suppose).  Fedor is fighting again in April, then mentions a Tournament in August.  

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/1/10698380/fedor-my-next-fight-will-take-place-in-april

That's some great news
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:29 pm
stu3ufc wrote:so good to see fedor fight

couldnt care who against.... loved watching him smash that jadeep faggot

I loved seeing him fight as well. I was disappointed in his opponent. I can understand a warm-up or tune-up fight after 3 1/2 years but next time should be against a quality opponent. Was great to see him in the JMMA ring and get the 1st round finish though. I really enjoyed that.
fatty
fatty

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 am
lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:51 pm
Kinosis wrote:I would love one with just the real big guys.  I was thinking 8 man but if they wanted to stretch it out over a few events they could do 16 man, get some more freak show guys in there.  Bob Sapp, etc.  Some more good guys as well like Kharitonov, bring back Arona and Herring, Monson is still fighting.  Heck, throw the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock winner in there also.
If Herring is in shape I wouldn´t mind seeing him vs Baruto.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:00 pm
I suggested a cruiserweight division.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:03 pm
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably. He and Dana were never really that close...LOL
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:14 am
Golden Age wrote:
Kinosis wrote:I would love one with just the real big guys.  I was thinking 8 man but if they wanted to stretch it out over a few events they could do 16 man, get some more freak show guys in there.  Bob Sapp, etc.  Some more good guys as well like Kharitonov, bring back Arona and Herring, Monson is still fighting.  Heck, throw the Royce Gracie/Ken Shamrock winner in there also.

I wouldn't mind Baruto getting a chance to build himself up some. How about him vs Sapp or Jaideep? I would image the Japanese would love the Sapp match. Maybe Herring vs Ishii, Jaideep or Kirill Sidelnikov. If Herring wins, they could do him vs Fedor or put them both in the HW tournament if there is one.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:15 am
Jerry Millen posted a picture of Fedor and Randy together today. I hope that is Fedor's next fight in April.
cisco
cisco

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:47 am
Kinosis wrote:Jerry Millen posted a picture of Fedor and Randy together today.  I hope that is Fedor's next fight in April.  
if they can make randy vs fedor, that would be a huge sell out and a huge ratings hit, especially in the us with spike tv, but also in japan, people in japan know who randy is. hope they can pull that off,
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:23 pm
cisco wrote:
Kinosis wrote:Jerry Millen posted a picture of Fedor and Randy together today.  I hope that is Fedor's next fight in April.  
if they can make randy vs fedor, that would be a huge sell out and a huge ratings hit, especially in the us with spike tv, but also in japan, people in japan know who randy is.  hope they can pull that off,

I agree, ratings would be huge. May not be the big fight rankings wise but ratings wise I think only fights with Werdum, Big Foot, Hendo, Cain, Reem, Lesnar, or Tyson Fury could surpass it.  Question is though, Couture is now 52 and it was reported that he tried to train for a Fedor fight and his body just was not up to it anymore.  If that is the case, he needs to stay retired.  They even had photos of Randy training so it may be true that he just cannot fight at this level anymore.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:47 pm
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:54 pm
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

I wouldn't mind Baruto getting a chance to build himself up some. How about him vs Sapp or Jaideep? I would image the Japanese would love the Sapp match. Maybe Herring vs Ishii, Jaideep or Kirill Sidelnikov. If Herring wins, they could do him vs Fedor or put them both in the HW tournament if there is one.
Takanoyama is another badass sumo I would like to see in the GP. He should be good for the ratings as well. I like style vs style so a famous world class boxer would be awesome as well. Throw a mega famous kickboxer in the mix also.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:13 pm
I just realized Millen is vice president of Rizin. Props to him for helping mma get back on tack.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:16 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Twisted Evil

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?
Millen is anti-zuffa so hes good people.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:29 pm
Even if it is Fedor vs Randy Couture in April, if they do a HW tournament I think they should go all out and make it 16 man. They should throw in some big sumo guys, pro wrestlers, etc for the Japanese fans. As long as there are 8 legit guys in there for the final 8 it's not a problem.

Fedor
Baruto
Sapp
Jaideep
Herring
Ishii
Kirill Sidelnikov
TK
James Thompson

Maybe grab some guys like King Mo, Jeff Monson, Kharitonov, Pudzianowski, Kongo, a few champs from other orgs. I think they could make a really awesome 16 man tournament. Jaideep should get one of the freakshow fights as a reward for being sacrificed to Fedor as I think he is probably a pretty good fighter.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:32 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Twisted Evil

People bash him but I have never actually seen a reason why. No one has given a reason beyond "he sucks" so that shows me there isn't much negative there. He interacts with fans on twitter and is a billion times better than dana white who bashes ufc fans publicly and robs fighters of sponsorship money.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:08 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Twisted Evil

I think he is fine. Never seen any issue with him.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:19 pm
Kinosis wrote:Even if it is Fedor vs Randy Couture in April, if they do a HW tournament I think they should go all out and make it 16 man.  They should throw in some big sumo guys, pro wrestlers, etc for the Japanese fans.  As long as there are 8 legit guys in there for the final 8 it's not a problem.  

Fedor
Baruto
Sapp
Jaideep
Herring
Ishii
Kirill Sidelnikov
TK
James Thompson

Maybe grab some guys like King Mo, Jeff Monson, Kharitonov, Pudzianowski, Kongo, a few champs from other orgs.  I think they could make a really awesome 16 man tournament.  Jaideep should get one of the freakshow fights as a reward for being sacrificed to Fedor as I think he is probably a pretty good fighter.

16 man tournament would be cool. I think the next tournament is going to start in August from what I heard.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum