GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

+8
Rocksoldier84
cisco
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
fatty
stu3ufc
CDF47
God of Thunder
Kinosis
12 posters
Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen - Page 2 Empty Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:19 pm
Kinosis wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

Probably.  He and Dana were never really that close...LOL

Him and a lot of others would want to do that.

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

People bash him but I have never actually seen a reason why.  No one has given a reason beyond "he sucks" so that shows me there isn't much negative there.  He interacts with fans on twitter and is a billion times better than dana white who bashes ufc fans publicly and robs fighters of sponsorship money.  

I agree.  That's all that is ever said about him so there is probably no issue with him.
JasonNorin
JasonNorin

I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen - Page 2 Empty Re: I just suggested Rizin HW (no weight limit) GP to Jerry Millen

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:01 pm
Have always been interested to a no weight limit heavyweight division. That would be a pure display of brawn and technique. Overweight fighters will probably last only one round but would love to see them throw high kicks Smile. Actually, I am also still interested in an open weight division. There is nothing wrong in going back to how MMA was used to be when there were mostly no weight divisions. But I doubt that would be possible. Smile
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:24 pm
JasonNorin wrote:Have always been interested to a no weight limit heavyweight division. That would be a pure display of brawn and technique. Overweight fighters will probably last only one round but would love to see them throw high kicks Smile. Actually, I am also still interested in an open weight division. There is nothing wrong in going back to how MMA was used to be when there were mostly no weight divisions. But I doubt that would be possible. Smile

PRIDE had some open weight fights and GPs.  I liked them. Good to see guys fighting outside their normal divisions from time to time against other top fighters.
JasonNorin
JasonNorin

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:32 pm
that's true. open weight matches reflects the reality that in a fight, there would be no weight classes.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:38 am
CDF47 wrote:
JasonNorin wrote:Have always been interested to a no weight limit heavyweight division. That would be a pure display of brawn and technique. Overweight fighters will probably last only one round but would love to see them throw high kicks Smile. Actually, I am also still interested in an open weight division. There is nothing wrong in going back to how MMA was used to be when there were mostly no weight divisions. But I doubt that would be possible. Smile

PRIDE had some open weight fights and GPs.  I liked them. Good to see guys fighting outside their normal divisions from time to time against other top fighters.

That was one of the biggest reasons why I have respect for those fighters. They didn't care about size or strength, they wouldn't bleed themselves dry to fight smaller guys. They took all comers.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:43 am
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
fatty wrote:lol I remember j Millen vaguely...didn't he want to beat Dana whites fat ass once upon a time?

Twisted Evil

By the way, what is everyone's opinion of Jerry Millen since I know he's not the most popular guy out there specifically to the former English PRIDE announcers?

I think he is fine.  Never seen any issue with him.

According to Bas Rutten and this article
http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bas-rutten-exposes-gary-jerry-millen/
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:12 am
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Twisted Evil

I heard about this. I know Bas hates him and so does Mauro. I think I read that Trigg said Millen didn't know what he was doing.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:18 am
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Twisted Evil

Remember that Bas became a Zuffa puppet over the years. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Even if everything Bas said is true Millen is the most important figure in the fight against Zuffa and he´s the vice preisdent of Rizin. We should thank Millen for helping JMMA come back.

Look at Millens twitter.. He´s one of very few who stands up against Ultimate cagefighting https://twitter.com/jerrymillen
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:40 pm
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Remember that Bas became a Zuffa puppet over the years. I would like to hear both sides of the story. Even if everything Bas said is true Millen is the most important figure in the fight against Zuffa and he´s the vice preisdent of Rizin. We should thank Millen for helping JMMA come back.

Look at Millens twitter.. He´s one of very few who stands up against Ultimate cagefighting https://twitter.com/jerrymillen

Yeah, Bas became a zuffa propaganda piece to some degree, I've seen him talk bad about Fedor and he was all over Overeem's nuts until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was bashing Overeem.  He went from saying Overeem was the #1 HW to saying he was overrated basically, overnight.  Bas also talked bad about people using PEDS/painkillers and failing drug tests, then failed one himself in his last fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:02 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

That was one of the biggest reasons why I have respect for those fighters. They didn't care about size or strength, they wouldn't bleed themselves dry to fight smaller guys. They took all comers.

Yeah, they did.  The open weight fights were great.

Last edited by CDF47 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:57 pm
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Yeah, Bas became a zuffa propaganda piece to some degree, I've seen him talk bad about Fedor and he was all over Overeem's nuts until he left golden glory, then all of a sudden he was bashing Overeem.  He went from saying Overeem was the #1 HW to saying he was overrated basically, overnight.  Bas also talked bad about people using PEDS/painkillers and failing drug tests, then failed one himself in his last fight.
yeah i use to like bas but ever since he got his ufc dana club hall of fame he has turned into a complete shill what is ironic is that it was japan were bas made his name .
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:04 pm
westcott123 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

yeah i use to like bas but ever since he got his ufc dana club hall of fame he has turned into a complete shill what is ironic is that it was japan were bas made his name .

Again, only his last three fights were outside Japan. Hell, he's probably more known as a commentator in PRIDE than due to his MMA run.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:03 pm
Bas is the most overrated fighter ever.

Bas for a long time has made sure to never say anything bad about Zuffa. He also works with wsof.

Bas not liking somebody is a reason for me to like that person.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote:

Again, only his last three fights were outside Japan. Hell, he's probably more known as a commentator in PRIDE than due to his MMA run.
I know i said it in another post but it does illustrate the point im making .really the only thing they remember about his ufc  run is the one with randleman in which many thought kevin was robbed .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum