GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen

+7
rezin
ZuffaKiller
KSW
Misowaman
AG208
IQ Wrestler
Wolfman
11 posters
Go down
Wolfman
Wolfman

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen Empty Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 am
Vinny Magalhaes ‏ @VinnyMMA

Forget about my last post about competing [jiu-jitsu]. Instead, I'm
heading to Oregon to help the UFC MW Champ get ready for his title fight
in Brazil.

http://www.cagereligion.com/2012/04/chael-sonnen-brings-in-jiu-jitsu-ace.html?spref=tw

Check this out. Now Vinny other than a crying baby and a traitor of his org, now is also training a guy that trashed his country and his art. What else can i say about this guy? I just wish him the worst from now on.

This is not about a patriot thing, i mean.... How much of a whore you have to be to help a guy that made fun of everything you represent?

Last edited by Wolfman on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen Empty Re: Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 pm
Regardless of personal feeling about Vinny. Anderson is pretty much fucked now, a sub was really his only out and Chael knew it so he got one of, if not THE best BJJ guy in MMA to help him. Pure genius, Ando isn't bringing in Olympic wrestlers to help him.
AG208
AG208

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen Empty Re: Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:11 pm
Sonnen has had plenty of BJJ guys come in and help him train in the past, world class BJJ guys, and it still didn't help him from getting sub'd by the likes of Forrest Griffin and Jeremy Horn (what like 9 times?)
Misowaman
Misowaman

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:20 pm
lol at hating Vinny. What was it people here like preaching? "fighters, not orgs"?

Also, it's not like Demian Maia has also said that it's obvious that, when you talk to Sonnen one on one, it's obvious he's not being serious. Hating Vinny for training with Chael is reaching for a reason to hate.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:35 pm
I'm heading to Oregon to help the UFC MW Champ
Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen 1850251343

When Vinny has helped the champ it´s time to defend the M-1 LHW title.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:30 pm
Misowaman wrote:lol at hating Vinny. What was it people here like preaching? "fighters, not orgs"?

You always bring that up. Don't understand your need to keep saying that, and OF COURSE it is about the fighters, but it doesn't mean i'll support the guy that does that kind of shit, and i'm not talking about the org.

Last edited by Wolfman on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Misowaman
Misowaman

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 pm
Vinny is a pretty cool guy
He says 'fuck evgeni kogan', and doesn't afraid of anything

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen 2Bg33
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Misowaman wrote:Vinny is a pretty cool guy
He says 'fuck evgeni kogan', and doesn't afraid of anything

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen 2Bg33
Kogan did a mistake and i agree it was wrong but he apologized and wants to move on. Don´t you think Vinny should honour his contract and defend the M-1 title?
ZuffaKiller

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 pm
Fuck vinny that gus is a snake PERIOD and Im not suprised he is dong this .
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:Fuck vinny that gus is a snake PERIOD and Im not suprised he is dong this .
I agree. Of course i support the fighters over the promoters but Vinny is just trying to get back to Zuffa and destroys a legit promotion on the way.
ZuffaKiller

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:49 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
ZuffaKiller wrote:Fuck vinny that gus is a snake PERIOD and Im not suprised he is dong this .
I agree. Of course i support the fighters over the promoters but Vinny is just trying to get back to Zuffa and destroys a legit promotion on the way.

True This is why he get's no respect here at all.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:33 pm
Vinny is the best in the world at what he does.

I refuse to listen to anything suggesting otherwise

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen Notlistening
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 pm
Misowaman wrote:Vinny is the best in the world at what he does.

I refuse to listen to anything suggesting otherwise

Vinny Magalhães to train Chael Sonnen Notlistening
He has world class skills, no doubt about that but that´s not the issue.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:43 pm
Honestly, I don't care about his shit with M-1. Truthfully, no one should care except for him and M-1, and, in a perfect world, what fighters do outside the ring wouldn't affect whether or not people like them.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 pm
Misowaman wrote:Honestly, I don't care about his shit with M-1. Truthfully, no one should care except for him and M-1, and, in a perfect world, what fighters do outside the ring wouldn't affect whether or not people like them.
I just want him to defend the belt and stop talking shit. M-1 is great for the sport especially in europe but there are too many people badmouthing them for no reason. American fans seem to hate M-1 because of shit that is coming from Vinny and Dana. I wish the fans could support the promotion.
rezin
rezin

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm
In a perfect world there would be no orgs or American rules.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:55 pm
rezin wrote:In a perfect world there would be no orgs or American rules.
Amen brother. Or only non exclusive contracts so the fighters can travel the world and fight for big bucks.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Don't pin hate for M-1 on Vinny, because if we're being honest, the people shitting on M-1 don't have a god damn idea who Vinny is.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm
I agree that Vinny should full fill his contractual obligation and continue fighting for M-1. If not, I hope the courts force him to. Hopefully after Slava's next fight he is also forced to full fill his contract. As much as I wanted to see the Randy/Fedor fight back in the day I saw Zuffa's point in that they had a contract that he agreed to that he was not living up to. Fighters need to full fill their agreements. Back in those days though, I was more upset that they absolutely refused to cross-promote the biggest fight in MMA history.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:09 pm
Misowaman wrote:Don't pin hate for M-1 on Vinny, because if we're being honest, the people shitting on M-1 don't have a god damn idea who Vinny is.
Yeah most of the hate comes from what Dana said about M-1 but I´ve read on many other forums how fans say M-1 is shady because of how they treated Vinny. Also many fans think M-1 is trash because of the Bellator/Slava issue. Do people actually think a promotion should give away their #1 title contender, who´s under contract.
ZuffaKiller

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:10 pm
Misowaman wrote:Don't pin hate for M-1 on Vinny, because if we're being honest, the people shitting on M-1 don't have a god damn idea who Vinny is.

This statement is not true at all people shitting on M-1 know who vinny is he was on tuf for godsake.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:11 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:

This statement is not true at all people shitting on M-1 know who vinny is he was on tuf for godsake.
He even made it to the final.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm
Misowaman wrote:Honestly, I don't care about his shit with M-1. Truthfully, no one should care except for him and M-1, and, in a perfect world, what fighters do outside the ring wouldn't affect whether or not people like them.

So in a perfect world... What would North American fans say if Benson Henderson walked away from the UFC as a champion because of something Dana did cage-side that he felt was really disrespectful to him during his fight with Frankie Edgar???

What would those same fans, and Dana, say if the current UFC champion went on Twitter and MMA forums trashing Dana and the UFC (legal libelous?) while he still was legally contracted to the UFC. What would Dana and fans here say if Benson Henderson was publicly soliciting Bellator for big VIACOM bucks while still under contract as champion to the UFC???

Let the perfect world games begin...

rezin
rezin

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:38 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Or only non exclusive contracts so the fighters can travel the world and fight for big bucks.

I've come to the conclusion that any fighter that signs an exclusive contract (mma, boxing, kickboxing)
is hurting their sport on a world wide scale.

Not that you can blame them in a really bad way, but at a certain point fighters have to take responsibility.

Change in the system will never come from any promoter or billionaire entrepreneur, or from anyone in any position of power (commissions, etc.) but only from the lowest up.
rezin
rezin

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:02 pm
Dagwood wrote:Let the perfect world games begin...

In a perfect world Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva wouldn't call Dana White "yes, boss".

Instead White would be profusely apologizing:

"I..I'm sorry I stared in your direction sir, I..I..I wasn't paying attention,
I missed breakfast, I forgot to take my medication, I'll be more careful next meeting."

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum