GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Your favorite fighter no one talks about Empty Your favorite fighter no one talks about

Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 pm
I thought we could do a fun topic. Who is a fighter you like to watch that doesn't/didn't seem to get a lot of hype (never talked about as a legend). Mine is Cung Le. I think they guy is way underestimated. He went 17-0 in Sanshou and was old when he got into MMA (somewhere around 34). He only lost 3 fights and all of them were after having a long layoff where his cardio seemed to hurt him. He beat Frank Shamrock to win the Strikeforce MW title and KO'd Rich Franklin after Franklin had just beat Wanderlei Silva twice and KO'd Chuck Liddell in the first round. Even his loss to Bisping wasn't that bad as Bisping, a short time later) beat Anderson Silva and KO'd Rockhold in the first round.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Your favorite fighter no one talks about Empty Re: Your favorite fighter no one talks about

Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:45 pm
Cung Le is a good one.

I'd have to go with Vitor and Lawler. They get a lot of hype now but I was following them even during the lows of their careers.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Your favorite fighter no one talks about Empty Re: Your favorite fighter no one talks about

Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:41 am
How about guys from back when relatively small promotions could have top fighters? Also consider a lot of those guys have been written out of history because the promotions they fought in don't get mentioned anymore. Take for example former #1 LW Henry Matamoros who spent most of his career in Extreme Challenge and HooknShoot.

Damn, HooknShoot was such a promotion and people seem to have forgotten about it.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:30 pm
^Those are good ones. Yeah, Frank Shamrock should get more attention for his accomplishments.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum