GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Joe Warren says he has no sponsors for Bellator bout, having trouble supporting family Empty Joe Warren says he has no sponsors for Bellator bout, having trouble supporting family

Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:55 pm
"I'm not used to losing and people turn and run when you lose," Warren told MMA Fighting. "I know it's only one loss, but they turn and run on you. So yeah, no sponsors for this fight.

"There's fair weather fans out there. I don't believe getting sponsors is as easy as it used to be and it's just kind of sad. What I've put into this game, what I've given into the MMA field, to not even get sponsors, it's sad, man. It's sad. But it's the game. It is what it is. That's not gonna hold me back from performing, it just would have sweetened the pot a little bit."

"I take care of my family," Warren said. "I use MMA for a job. I lost and we're strapped, man. Daddy has to get back in that cage and work. I'm just honored Viacom and Bellator are giving me the opportunity to get back in there, so I can take care of my family."

Warren, who first mentioned his issue on his Lineup MMA podcast with Sean Wheelock and Ben Askren, believes sponsorships in the sport have dried up since the UFC partnered with Reebok in July 2015. UFC fighters can no longer wear outside sponsors inside the cage. Bellator athletes are still able to, but Warren believes there is still a correlation and that many sponsors have left MMA altogether.

"I don't know why," Warren said. "I don't know if people are turning and running from me. I don't know why that is, but it is. I can't really control that. This is the first time as a fighter that I haven't made any money from my shorts or had any sponsors."

"The Baddest Man on the Planet" knows he won't get too much sympathy from fans. Many of them don't know the financial plight of MMA fighters. Very few athletes in the sport are rich.

"Fans think that every fighter makes $12 and $13 million a fight, ya know?" Warren said. "That doesn't happen. I'm fighting to get a pay check, take care of my family. It's terrible. I love Bellator. Those guys give me the opportunity to fight and win, but it's almost to a point where I've gotta look for something else just to take care of my two little babies."
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Joe Warren says he has no sponsors for Bellator bout, having trouble supporting family Empty Re: Joe Warren says he has no sponsors for Bellator bout, having trouble supporting family

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:07 pm
Do you know what he makes per fight and overall per year with sponsor pay?
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Joe Warren says he has no sponsors for Bellator bout, having trouble supporting family Empty Re: Joe Warren says he has no sponsors for Bellator bout, having trouble supporting family

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:16 pm
It has to be his management team....

Hes in a co headline spot you can't tell me zero sponsors want on your shorts......it has to be a discrepancy in pay.....

Other free agents are praising sponsorship freedom.....joe needs new handlers.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:20 pm
fka wrote:It has to be his management team....

Hes in a co headline spot you can't tell me zero sponsors want on your shorts......it has to be a discrepancy in pay.....

Other free agents are praising sponsorship freedom.....joe needs new handlers.

Yeah, this seems a bit strange.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum