GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors

+6
Fairweather
adam
backdoor to zuffa
RussianTopTeam
Sonatine
stu3ufc
10 posters
Go down
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors Empty Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:08 am
Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors Bgj2q2DCYAAJGWl

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at this one

then they insist on their fucking uniform ???? seriously
Sonatine
Sonatine

Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors Empty Re: Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:11 am
The fighter uniform has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. My guess is that they will be red and blue, like rock 'em, sock 'em robots.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors Empty Re: Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:37 pm
lol that's just sad really
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:25 pm
UFC might as well pinch the money out of his wallet from the dressing room as well while he fights

basically what they did here fucking him outta sponsorship money over 30 seconds of airtime to a bunch of sponsors in the background on that banner on ufc fight pass ...jeez
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:59 pm
Zuffa's control isn't just ridiculous. It's creepy.
adam
adam

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:15 pm
Was that from last night?

UFC is a piece of shit company that's all about maximizing their own profits and minimizing fighter brand.

It's time for a union.
Fairweather

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:31 pm
they also have trouble finding their balls
Adax

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:03 pm
Sponsors straight up can't afford to sponsor fighters in the UFC, and the fighters are trapped into what sponsors they can even get! A fighter will get a pair of shorts and a pat on the back if they're lucky! Check this:

When I signed with the UFC this is what I was told:

We can’t pay you much but you can have any sponsors you want.
Then: We need to approve your sponsors.
Then: You can’t have any conflicting sponsors.
Then: You can’t thank your sponsors after fights.
Then: We are not approving any sponsors that we don’t like their product.
Then: Your sponsors have to pay us a fee of $50,000 for the pleasure to sponsor you.
Then: Your sponsors have to pay us a fee of $100,000 for the pleasure to sponsor you.

If a sponsor has a budget of 10k to sponsor a fighter, they are then out.

If there are 5 shorts companies in the UFC you can only go to them for a sponsorship. If they have spent their budget or don’t want to support an up and coming fighter they give you shorts instead of money.

If you’re fighting for $6,000 to show and fighting 3 times a year, even $500 makes a big difference. When there is no competition they don’t have to pay you. I lost And1 as a sponsor when the UFC enacted the tax.

A fighter gets to use the gym at the hotel he’s fighting at for free. The cornermen and everyone with him have to pay. So I’m helping Leben make weight the day of weigh ins and have to pay to go sit in the sauna with him.

With every little bit they try to squeeze out of the fighters, the more the other organizations will look more attractive.

- Nate Quarry
(read more on his take on the proposed uniform policy here(https://www.facebook.com/MMAbox/posts/10151945197463388))

Sidenote: “helping” and supervising a fighter during weight cut is a medical necessity. No fighter is unsupervised for these few days. There is someone actively watching him 24 hours a day.  I noted some fighters’ corner & coaches schedule 3-4 hour shifts to watch over him for three days. They emerge from each shift depressed and mentally drained from “keeping him company.”  This should give you some indication of how weight cutting feels to the guy who has to make the number, not to mention exactly how potentially dangerous it is to every fighter.

http://fearthefightergroupie.tumblr.com/post/76772889050/when-i-signed-with-the-ufc-this-is-what-i-was-told
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:24 pm
I'm just disgusted at the way UFC treats it's athletes

Realidea
Realidea

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:30 pm
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:25 pm
stu3ufc wrote:Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors Bgj2q2DCYAAJGWl

He´s thinking: How the f#ck will I be able to pay the rent?
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:29 pm
Golden Age wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:Apparently UFC fighters have trouble finding sponsors Bgj2q2DCYAAJGWl

He´s thinking: How the f#ck will I be able to pay the rent?

LOL
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum