GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Who has the best UFC HW record for the most recent 4 fights/2 years??? Empty Who has the best UFC HW record for the most recent 4 fights/2 years???

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:15 pm
Here's my take.

IMO Hunt is just as a legitimate fill-in HW contender as Frank Mir based on his past 2 year UFC record. What does a record 3 years ago & longer have to do with making the last rounds of the playoffs the past 2 years and then winning a Stanley Cup Stanley cup??? Absolutely f***'n nothin!

To all those outside these walls who say a Hunt replacement for a title fight against JDS, they're are a little far off in their analysis. I just don't get the many nay-sayers that think Hunt getting the nod here vs JDS would make a mockery of the sport of MMUltimate Fighting.

Last 4 UFC HW fights over 2+ years

1. (tie) Frank Mir [/b](3-1)
Straight Wins (3): Big Nog/Nelson/CroCop (W) - Carwin (L)

1. (tie) Mark Hunt (3-1)
Straight Wins (3): Congo/Rothwell/Turscherer (W) - McCorkle (L)

3. Cain Velasquez (3-1)
Last fight Loss: JDS (L) - Lesnar/Big Nog/Rothwell (W)

4. Shane Carwin (2-2)
Straight Losses (2): JDS/Lesnar (L) - Mir/Gonzaga (L)

5. Big Nog (injured)
Last 2 Losses: Mir/Velasque (Loss) - Shaub/Couture (W)

Even with taking into account the injured status of Carwin and Big Nog... how is Hunt not at least a tie for the obvious choice to replace Overeem for the title vs JDS.

Wolfman
Wolfman

Who has the best UFC HW record for the most recent 4 fights/2 years??? Empty Re: Who has the best UFC HW record for the most recent 4 fights/2 years???

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Check out the comments i saw on Youtube. MMA fans really are experts aren't they?

"Mark hunt is trash lol theres no way in hell he can beat JDS lol keep dreaming."

"i think werdum, travis browne or mike russow should fight JDS instead of hunt"

"Lesnar gets the shot = butthurt

Hunt gets the shot = joy

MMA Fans"

"How the hell does Mark Hunt deserve a title shot he fucking sucks his record is 8-7 he was on a 6 lost streak he beat glass chin Kongo and Ben "fatass" Rothwell now all of a sudden he is the shit ? wtf u guys are crazy if you think he deserves it you bandwagors "

"Even Brock would beat Hunt!!"

The good part is that there's tons of people supporting it, but reading anything related to MMA is depressing nowadays.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Who has the best UFC HW record for the most recent 4 fights/2 years??? Empty Re: Who has the best UFC HW record for the most recent 4 fights/2 years???

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:55 pm
Wolfman wrote:Check out the comments i saw on Youtube. MMA fans really are experts aren't they?

"Mark hunt is trash lol theres no way in hell he can beat JDS lol keep dreaming."

Hunt gets the shot = joy

MMA Fans"

"How the hell does Mark Hunt deserve a title shot he fucking sucks his record is 8-7 he was on a 6 lost streak he beat glass chin Kongo and Ben "fatass" Rothwell now all of a sudden he is the shit ? wtf u guys are crazy if you think he deserves it you bandwagors "

The good part is that there's tons of people supporting it, but reading anything related to MMA is depressing nowadays.

That's for sure. I miss the days when 90% of MMA fans weren't retarded uneducated zombies sucking at the tit of dana white for knowledge.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 pm
Kinosis wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Check out the comments i saw on Youtube. MMA fans really are experts aren't they?

Hunt gets the shot = joy

MMA Fans"

That's for sure. I miss the days when 90% of MMA fans weren't retarded uneducated zombies sucking at the tit of dana white for knowledge.
that is sig worthy good sir.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 am
8) Thanks!
Adax

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:57 am
Wolfman wrote:..reading anything related to MMA is depressing nowadays.
Adax

Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:58 am
..accept g-mma of course!

Who has the best UFC HW record for the most recent 4 fights/2 years??? 350169046
marchegiano
marchegiano

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 am
I'm feeling like this is all a wind up. Overeem will fight.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 am
marchegiano wrote:I'm feeling like this is all a wind up. Overeem will fight.

If that happens, Zuffa will be hung by the mainstream media and politicians looking to make bigger names for themselves. I'll be looking forward to seeing Dana in a suit and tie when he and Lorenzo are subpoenad and forced to testify in front of congress under oath. Smile
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:14 am
Well, remember when Nate Marquardt tested over the limit, the commission (New Jersey I believe) was saying "he could be licensed tomorrow if the 'medical issue' is resolved by then."

Of course it is an absolute farce, but by those standards Overeem could theoretically fight as well (provided he gets documentation of his "condition" in).

Never mind the fact that testosterone is an anabolic steroid, and that a huge amount of benefit is derived from PEDs in training (so you don't have to be necessarily over the limit--the limit being 1:6 in the case of NSAC--at the time of the fight to receive all of the benefits (although even 1:6 on fight time is still cheating obviously)).

And people still have the temerity to associate Pride with steroids. Not saying none of that took place, but there was never the kind of out and out open juicing, as acknowledged by the commissions themselves, in Pride, all there were is rumors being batted around the internets. Today we have widespread juicing, being promoted (we now know from Rampage) by Zuffa themselves.

Has anyone ever seen the movie "Superfights"? It kind of reminds me of Zuffa.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 am
nodogoshi wrote:Well, remember when Nate Marquardt tested over the limit, the commission (New Jersey I believe) was saying "he could be licensed tomorrow if the 'medical issue' is resolved by then."

Of course it is an absolute farce, but by those standards Overeem could theoretically fight as well (provided he gets documentation of his "condition" in).

Never mind the fact that testosterone is an anabolic steroid, and that a huge amount of benefit is derived from PEDs in training (so you don't have to be necessarily over the limit--the limit being 1:6 in the case of NSAC--at the time of the fight to receive all of the benefits (although even 1:6 on fight time is still cheating obviously)).

And people still have the temerity to associate Pride with steroids. Not saying none of that took place, but there was never the kind of out and out open juicing, as acknowledged by the commissions themselves, in Pride, all there were is rumors being batted around the internets. Today we have widespread juicing, being promoted (we now know from Rampage) by Zuffa themselves.

Has anyone ever seen the movie "Superfights"? It kind of reminds me of Zuffa.
You're right, but sadly the new breed fan wont give a shit as they see TRT as a legit medical need as they have already been taught by zuffa and the roid card will always be covered up by simply spewing more crap about how PRIDE was full of juicers( to make ufc not seem that bad even though it is far worse and accepted by zuffa) and of course the media will run with it just like they did with that farce story that came on spike a while back, the media (american at least) does what its told by zuffa.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum