GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

DAGWOOD Empty DAGWOOD

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:03 am
Check your PM.

Feel free to delete this thread afterward.

Need help streaming a US event (hotshield)
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

DAGWOOD Empty Re: DAGWOOD

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:10 am
Maybe it's because I'm on my school's network?

I just realized. I think I'm going home to try there.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 am
I got it working. The hotspot shield didn't work on the university network it seems. I didn't even think about it before I made the post.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 pm
Hope your cool. Hotspot Shield hasn't been working for me on Hulu and other sites lately. No go from my region.

Site's figure out how the HS vpn is getting around their geo-blocking and try to defeat it. HS usually comes up with a fix. Guess we'll see this time for me.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:06 pm
Dagwood wrote:Hope your cool. Hotspot Shield hasn't been working for me on Hulu and other sites lately. No go from my region.

Site's figure out how the HS vpn is getting around their geo-blocking and try to defeat it. HS usually comes up with a fix. Guess we'll see this time for me.

Like I said it didn't work from school, but it's worked from home.

I logged into facebook on it as well, I got an email saying that someone had logged into my account from Chicago. However, when I logged in it located me in Tokyo. Kind of weird, I think it seems like a program that kind of masks you for the purpose of streams and stuff, but which is very leaky.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:31 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
Dagwood wrote:Hope your cool. Hotspot Shield hasn't been working for me on Hulu and other sites lately. No go from my region.

I logged into facebook on it as well, I got an email saying that someone had logged into my account from Chicago. However, when I logged in it located me in Tokyo. Kind of weird, I think it seems like a program that kind of masks you for the purpose of streams and stuff, but which is very leaky.

It is actually a Virtual Private Network tool. Much better and way faster them going through a proxy server site. It also hides you when your on public networks and it's secure so no one can hack into your computer when your on wifi someplace.

So, you are really on HS's network remotely and they have different serves in the US and other countries. That's why you/another site will see a different out of country IP address showing up. Big business uses this type of fast wide-bandwith secure pipe line for remote employees to work on their networks back at the home office.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:44 pm
Dagwood wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:

It is actually a Virtual Private Network tool. Much better and way faster them going through a proxy server site. It also hides you when your on public networks and it's secure so no one can hack into your computer when your on wifi someplace.

So, you are really on HS's network remotely and they have different serves in the US and other countries. That's why you/another site will see a different out of country IP address showing up. Big business uses this type of fast wide-bandwith secure pipe line for remote employees to work on their networks back at the home office.

When I was on facebook, there was an option to have facebook check my location, and at located me in Tokyo.

Even though the email from when I logged in from an unknown device had me located in Chicago.

I think it's a useful program for watching streams and stuff with high bandwidth, but I wouldn't trust the program for anonymity.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:25 am
Finally a thread about Dagwood

about time
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 am
this thread needs more Dagwood DAGWOOD 2266763299
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Tue May 08, 2012 6:56 pm
We need to talk more about Dagwood....

what do you think Dagwood thinks of me? Do you guys think he takes notice of me?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue May 08, 2012 9:01 pm
Hollywood Dang wrote:We need to talk more about Dagwood....

what do you think Dagwood thinks of me? Do you guys think he takes notice of me?

I think there should be more "Important announcement's about me" by Dang threads. Haha... I think that's great.

Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue May 08, 2012 9:40 pm

He loves you, and all of us, after all he created us on his own image.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue May 08, 2012 10:31 pm
Wolfman wrote:

He loves you, and all of us, after all he created us on his own image.

It was God's will. lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum