GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments

+11
Dorch
StillWill
KSW
RussianTopTeam
monaroCountry
CDF47
Adax
Wolfman
Kinosis
Misowaman
Dagwood
15 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments Empty Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 pm
Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments Maurotweet

I have always thought Mauro was the most knowledgeable MMA announcer statistics & MMA history-wise. He was there for a lot of it. He is actually a real broadcaster & sports announcer by trade. Hard to come by in MMA today. Since the SF buyout and Zuffa's now vice-like grip on big-time MMA, Mauro has been saying a few things that have been troubling to me.

I know most all in the MMA industry who rely on Zuffa to make a living are not gonna want to step on their toes for fear of reprisal that could put them out of business. I think there is a way though to diplomatically state your real opinions respectfully while not dishonoring one of the greatest athletes of the sport. Scott Coker does this wonderfully with everybody. I have a lot of respect for him for it and I feel sorry for the hand he's been dealt.

It is extremely sad to see virtually ALL of the MMA 'only' media simply reprint Dana and the UFC's propaganda. This doesn't happen in any other major pro sport. There is an independent sports media that doesn't really on one league or team for survival. The media there regularly critique the players,teams, owners, etc... holding them accountable to the fans. Those are the guys that fund their sports.

As time rolls on even Mauro now is infected by zuffa media strong-arming. I know he has to swallow his pride keep towing the zuffa-line as his radio & TV shows rely on access to the UFC. I'm just saddened though because he was really good for ALL MMA world-wide over his career up until now. Crying or Very sad

Misowaman
Misowaman

Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments Empty Re: Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 pm
so he's not horribly excited about Fedor, a legend in the twilight of his career, fighting Pedro Rizzo, a glass jawed fighter who is quite honestly way past his prime, meaning that he's 'infected with zuffa-media strong arming' ... ?

Do you re read things to try and sound less ridiculous, or is it just a 'put down blatantly dumb things, post long responses when questioned' kind of approach?
Misowaman
Misowaman

Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments Empty Re: Mauro tweets reply to my Fedor comments

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:30 pm
there's being a fan and then there's blind support. Just because you aren't jumping for joy about Fedor fighting Pedro Rizzo doesn't mean you aren't a fan, it means you're not horribly excited about him fighting someone who hasn't fought for 2 years, who's last opponent was Ken Shamrock, has no chin and is way past his prime.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 pm
Misowaman wrote:so he's not horribly excited about Fedor, a legend in the twilight of his career, fighting Pedro Rizzo, a glass jawed fighter who is quite honestly way past his prime, meaning that he's 'infected with zuffa-media strong arming' ... ?

Do you re read things to try and sound less ridiculous, or is it just a 'put down blatantly dumb things, post long responses when questioned' kind of approach?

Smile
Kinosis
Kinosis

What is he talking about? Why would Fedor drop to 205lbs? He already is getting better training. He only says stuff like this hoping to keep his job.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Misowaman wrote:there's being a fan and then there's blind support. Just because you aren't jumping for joy about Fedor fighting Pedro Rizzo doesn't mean you aren't a fan, it means you're not horribly excited about him fighting someone who hasn't fought for 2 years, who's last opponent was Ken Shamrock, has no chin and is way past his prime.

Smile
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:19 am
It's ok to not be excited for the fight, I'm not because i can see it won't be an amazing match like Fedor vs CC, but he was a little arrogant there, basically saying it's garbage.

That's one of the problems in MMA today, when you're on top everybody loves you, when you're not you're shit in their eyes. There should at least be a little respect to the guys.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 am
^I'm just curious why Fedor gets bashed to pieces for fighting Rizzo while guys in the ufc get a free pass. All of these "elite" HWs get to fight guys like Kongo, Barry, Schaub etc who are no better than Rizzo and no one says a word because it's in the mystical ufc.
Adax

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:07 am
Fedor vs. Rizzo is a better match than my first impression allowed me to initially visualize. It doesn't blow my s0cks off or anything but I wouldn't INTENTIONALLY miss the fight or event just to watch an bout from almost 7 years(as epic as it was). Mauro is just being soullessly snarky for the sake of it.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:20 am
I am not too happy about this fight since Rizzo has not fought in 2 years and the last time he fought top competition, Josh Barnett, he was finished in the 2nd round nearly 4 years ago. He was KO'd by Yvel in the 1st shortly after that and then won a decision against Monson. The Monson win was a decent win against a top 10 Global Non-Zuffa HW but it was 2 1/2 years ago.

I want to see Fedor fight top fighters outside Zuffa; such as, Konrad, Kharitonov (for DREAM title or ONE FC title), and Guram (for M-1 belt).
monaroCountry

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 am
CAN SOMEBODY ASK HIM which other UFC HW fighter apart from Overeem and Hunt has a better group of striking/kickboxing trainers?

BECAUSE I FRANKLY DONT SEE CAIN, JDS, AND MIR TRAINING WITH A BETTER TRAINER THAN KICKBOXING LEGEND HOOST AND HIS TEAM FILLED WITH K-1 LEGENDS.

This is another Zuffa smear campaign saying that Fedor doesnt train with good trainers, that the media has swallowed.
monaroCountry

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:34 am
Kinosis wrote:^I'm just curious why Fedor gets bashed to pieces for fighting Rizzo while guys in the ufc get a free pass. All of these "elite" HWs get to fight guys like Kongo, Barry, Schaub etc who are no better than Rizzo and no one says a word because it's in the mystical ufc.

So fighting a top former UFC great who is past his prime is BAD. White fighting a top former PRIDE great who is past their prime suddenly gets you in the TOP TEN? Cain, JDS, Brock made their name fighting past their prime PRIDE fighters.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:38 am
looks like Mauro is back on the booze and drugs
KSW
KSW

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:36 am
Mauro is on the zuffa payroll, no doubt. I didn´t hear him talking like this about CroCop when he fought similar competition in the UFC. Rizzo and Fedor are legends and no one should miss this fight.