GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?....

+11
RussianTopTeam
KSW
Misowaman
Wolfman
total finish
StillWill
Adax
marchegiano
Kinosis
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Dagwood
15 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Empty How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?....

Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 am
...and look like this right after???

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Dm_120422_mma_interview_evans

Let's see the MMA math...

. Crazy good kicks
. Top-tier striking
. Unbelievable 'unusual' & lethal techniques
. Explosive with big power
+The longest reach on the earth
= Suspect

PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Empty Re: How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?....

Wed May 02, 2012 8:15 am
How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Seaf89
Kinosis
Kinosis

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Empty Re: How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?....

Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 am
I was just watching some Jones fights last night. He is good, has a well rounded game and a huge reach advantage on everyone he fights (even at HW he has a reach advantage on everyone). He isn't nearly as invincible as most people seem to think though.

Against Rampage for instance, he mostly just kicked at Rampage and kept him at bay for 3 rounds before getting a takedown in the 4th. The only time Rampage mixed up his attack he landed a good kick and a punch. Machida dealt very well with Jones until the cut that blurred his vision. Machida didn't stand there and let Jones pick away at him round after round. Unfortunately he got cut and couldn't see.

Jones does have dangerous chokes though because his arms are so long. Similar to how Overeem at 205lbs had that guillotine choke everyone had to be careful of, Jones has chokes he can pull off but others can't (like the one on Machida). I am interested in breaking Jones down and writing up what I think it takes to beat him but I don't know if I will get around to it since I would have to go back and watch all of his fights over the last couple of years and I am not that interested.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Wed May 02, 2012 1:14 pm
I hate how little Jone actually uses his reach. He should figure out a way to train with Semmy or Wlad. Sure, he's doing fine with the skill set he's working with, but if you added some big man defense, footwork, ring generalship, and a snappy jab. He could own two weight divisions.
Adax

Wed May 02, 2012 1:48 pm
Jon Jones has Stefan Struve level jab.
StillWill
StillWill

Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm
hes still the best fighter in MMA. Hes had absolutely no trouble with anyone in his weight class.
StillWill
StillWill

Wed May 02, 2012 2:36 pm
btw

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Method_get_s_rashad-evans-04-23-12-13-5-33-36
total finish

Wed May 02, 2012 2:38 pm
GOAT or not, discrediting one of the best if not the best fighter in MMA today just shits on every other fighter at the same time. Sounds about right for this place.
Adax

Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 pm
total finish wrote:GOAT or not, discrediting one of the best if not the best fighter in MMA today just shits on every other fighter at the same time. Sounds about right for this place.

It's not really discrediting, it's rather stating in different ways that there's a lot more to be desired still. Jones is a really young dude still, it's obviously ridiculous to expect him to have Klitschko level boxing technique but it doesn't mean he's not a good fighter right now or that he can't become an even better competitor later when he actually hits his prime.

Lol at your MMAths approach to discussing fighters.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed May 02, 2012 3:11 pm
total finish wrote:GOAT or not, discrediting one of the best if not the best fighter in MMA today just shits on every other fighter at the same time. Sounds about right for this place.

Discrediting a whole forum based on a thread made about 1 person, that even has people disagreeing with him and trying to pick on every other thread, after saying you does not take sides but don't do shit about the other side that is 100 times bigger and more biased. Sounds about right for you.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Regardless of your flawed argument, no one is making you come here. If you don't like it, feel free to not come back.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Wed May 02, 2012 3:54 pm
I don't like Jones, but he's a great fighter.

I notice that people here complain about other forums and how they shit on guys like Fedor and a bunch of past legends, and how ridiculous it is. And you're right, it is ridiculous, and every time it happens, it disgusts me.

However, to turn around and shit on great fighters of today like Jon Jones, like Cain Velasquez, like Anderson Silva, like GSP etc is doing the same thing that you claim to hate, being unjustified fighter bashing.

nobody in any sport is above criticism, but there's criticism, and there's full on bashing. Shitting on present greats like JDS and Jon Jones for the sole purpose that people on other forums shit on legends of yesteryear (I have heard MORE THAN ONE person here call it 'Counter Hype', so please, don't respond tot his saying "only one person does that, don't judge the forum", I've posted with almost this entire forum before, I know who's guilty of what.) is completely ridiculous, and you know it.

monaro posts, saying that Pedro Rizzo would beat Cain Velasquez, and you guys say NOTHING, but if someone suggests that Fedor would lose to someone in the UFC, you take up that battle WITHOUT HESITATION, if a media member says something about Fedor that isn't undying praise, you CRUCIFY THEM and WRITE THE OFF AS A ZUFFA EMPLOYEE.

My point is; fuck other people, fuck other forums, if you don't like a fighter, all the power to you, but find a reason to dislike them beyond 'he's popular and at the top of the sport, but he's fighting in the UFC, so he sux'.
KSW
KSW

Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 pm
^I will always counter the Zuffa hype but I donĀ“t shit on any fighter, no matter where he fights. This is the only english speaking forum that stands up for global mma.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed May 02, 2012 4:18 pm
^ Watch that Total finish, you might learn something.

That was a good post you made, but i think the thread was not really to bash jones, but to mock the way people say they're SOOO great, incredible machines way superior to fighters from 10 years ago. Which is not true since tons of those guys are still around and kicking ass. OK the sport evolved a bit but it's nothing like the big hype they make.

In the first post there's nothing like "he sucks" . Some people need to try to understand what the message means before talking.

so please, don't respond tot his saying "only one person does that, don't judge the forum", I've posted with almost this entire forum before, I know who's guilty of what.) is completely ridiculous, and you know it.

Why not? This guy comes in every chance to bash the forum. Not everyone here is saying Jones suck or that he's not the best today, if you read the thread you'll see that some members are even on his side, but criticising some flaws in his game. Even Fedor that basically everyone here likes people admit had flaws, i don't see why that's such a crime to point that out. If you just say the guy does something wrong, considering the amount of hype as a "percect fighter" or a "monster" they get today, then the poster sucks, the whole forum sucks and blah blah blah. Of course the people from the forum has similar ideas, this is very recent, and the most active members are still the core members that made this forum because we had similar ideas. If you don't agree, just point what's wrong. total finish got exposed and now's only trolling. You at least can post good criticisms, but it seems you have an anger problem or just jump to conclusions too fast.

About the media thing, you can clearly see biased opinions when they talk about fighters. When you talk shit about Fedor's ok, but if you do about JJ everyone freaks out. This thread just proved it. It is just a joke to pick on the hype, and somehow it became a big deal.

monaro posts, saying that Pedro Rizzo would beat Cain Velasquez, and you guys say NOTHING, but if someone suggests that Fedor would lose to someone in the UFC, you take up that battle WITHOUT HESITATION, if a media member says something about Fedor that isn't undying praise, you CRUCIFY THEM and WRITE THE OFF AS A ZUFFA EMPLOYEE.

What people post or don't post if really not of your concern or anybody's. If you think something's wrong just post it yourself. Contrary to the opposition we won't gang up on you and call you all kinds of stuff and ban you. Funny thing is for them it is normal and nobody talks shit, when it is about us, it's a crime, we're crazy, biased...
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed May 02, 2012 4:35 pm
Adding something. You use the jab on your avatar, and even on your signature. It would be a crime to admit Jones does not use it properly when he clearly could? No. That's one of the main criticisms we have on him. But apparently it sounds like we just broke a law of god to everyone.

Don't take jokes too seriously too. Like i said, this thread's to mock the hype, but some people act like we're trashing him and wanting to break into his house and kill him there for being in the UFC. Chill out goddammit.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 pm
Wolfman wrote:

Discrediting a whole forum based on a thread made about 1 person, that even has people disagreeing with him and trying to pick on every other thread, after saying you does not take sides but don't do shit about the other side that is 100 times bigger and more biased. Sounds about right for you.
lovely post.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm
Meh, I am not compelled by yer rhetoric Sleep

I bet John Jones is working on his jab as we speak. All fighters enjoy filling the holes in their game.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 am
Yes Jon Jones is the best LHW currently on the planet right now but I wouldn't go as far as calling him GOAT until he has moved up to HW and done to that division what he's already accomplished at LHW.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu May 03, 2012 9:17 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:Yes Jon Jones is the best LHW currently on the planet right now but I wouldn't go as far as calling him GOAT until he has moved up to HW and done to that division what he's already accomplished at LHW.

You said it all. Dispite all the hate, one thing to admire is that he is willing to move up and test himself. That'll be interesting. Unfortunately Anderson Silva does not think the same way.
Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

Fri May 04, 2012 11:00 am
Jon Jones is not even top 5 all time. I think he is good. But here are many holes in his game. It's just a matter of time before someone beats him. In all honesty I think a black guy is no match for young hot slavic blood. A young Alexander Kopylov would deal with Jones no problem. (He can't now because he is old)

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Kopylov01
rezin
rezin

Fri May 04, 2012 11:12 am
^
How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Do-or-do-not
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sat May 05, 2012 8:14 am
great wrestler with average striking who uses reach to bully opponents

greatest mma talent ever

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... 696622810
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sat May 05, 2012 2:51 pm
Van Halen MMA wrote:Jon Jones is not even top 5 all time. I think he is good. But here are many holes in his game. It's just a matter of time before someone beats him. In all honesty I think a black guy is no match for young hot slavic blood. A young Alexander Kopylov would deal with Jones no problem. (He can't now because he is old)

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... Kopylov01

How is that not racist?

Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat May 05, 2012 5:42 pm
^

True. I wonder if it was a joke... IDK.. I'll let the admins decide what to do.
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 4:47 am
Dapperdoo wrote:great wrestler with average striking who uses reach to bully opponents

greatest mma talent ever

How do you go 5 rounds with the soon to be GOAT?.... 696622810

Above average striking with sub-par wrestling could be used to describe Mousasi.

All fighters have their weaknesses.

No one is calling Jon Jones the GOAT, they're all saying he has serious potential to be and with the resume he has already established in such a young career, can you really consider that a lavish claim?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum