GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC HWs are the best!

+7
KSW
wekka
IQ Wrestler
nodogoshi
monaroCountry
Wolfman
Kinosis
11 posters
Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

UFC HWs are the best! Empty UFC HWs are the best!

Sat May 05, 2012 9:40 pm
That is why they have gone 1-4 against Strikeforce HWs. UFC HWs are the best! 3945565797
Wolfman
Wolfman

UFC HWs are the best! Empty Re: UFC HWs are the best!

Sat May 05, 2012 10:00 pm
True, but no need to hate on the guys. Let's respect the fighters and keep the talk on Dana and his mafia sisters.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat May 05, 2012 10:42 pm
It's more an attack on the zuffa hype that made everyone think they were the best simply because they are in the ufc.
monaroCountry

Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 pm
Yeah, afterall Zuffa and their zombies do this type of comparisons all the time. There no harm in setting things straight that there are many other top fighters outside the UFC, even now.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 12:50 am
Great point, we all new that Strikeforce had the best HWs in the world, that's why Zuffa bought them out.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 am
And Barnett and Cormier are still at the top of the pack, and they haven't fought UFC guys.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sun May 06, 2012 3:13 am
Well I don't think anyone thought Barry & Beltran were top guys...
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 am
IQ Wrestler wrote:Well I don't think anyone thought Barry & Beltran were top guys...

This.

Werdum is the only SF heavyweight who has really proved anything, albeit a former UFC HW himself but he has improved tremendously since then.

Barnett and Cormier are without a doubt elite, yet id still like to see how they fare with JDS, who is the number one HW regardless. I just want to see Barnett and Cormier remain active in the coming year.
KSW
KSW

Sun May 06, 2012 5:12 am
If Zuffa hadn´t bought SF their HW division wouldn´t be anything special. M-1 will have the best HW division in 5 years (hopefully). I bet there are many Malikovs and Gurams out there.
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 5:19 am
M-1's HW division won't be shit until they start making them fight each other soon. Guram needs to stay healthy and get better opponents. You got guys like Monson, Aleks, Oleinik, etc. No reason to not match them up with Guram. They're doing a good job with Malikov but they need to keep Volkov more active and sign Abdurahimov.
KSW
KSW

Sun May 06, 2012 5:25 am
moronoRepublic wrote:M-1's HW division won't be shit until they start making them fight each other soon. Guram needs to stay healthy and get better opponents. You got guys like Monson, Aleks, Oleinik, etc. No reason to not match them up with Guram. They're doing a good job with Malikov but they need to keep Volkov more active and sign Abdurahimov.
They´ve been building slowly but I see a change now in all divisions and it´s crucial for M-1 to keep the fighters. Winner between Malikov/Deuce meets Guram next and Aleks will probably get the next shot if he wins his next fight. Abdurahimov would be a perfect addition to the roster.
monaroCountry

Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 am
moronoRepublic wrote:

Barnett and Cormier are without a doubt elite, yet id still like to see how they fare with JDS, who is the number one HW regardless. I just want to see Barnett and Cormier remain active in the coming year.

Please explain how JDS suddenly gets that number 1 ranking? No doubt hes good but seriously please explain how?
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun May 06, 2012 9:48 am
IQ Wrestler wrote:Well I don't think anyone thought Barry & Beltran were top guys...

Didn't say they were top guys, but they are ufc HWs. In fact, Lavar Johnson lost his last 2 Strikeforce fights before coming into the ufc and going 2-0. I've seen stupid stuff where people say Fedor couldn't hang with any ufc HWs, apparently for no other reason than they are in the ufc.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sun May 06, 2012 10:14 am
obviously Fedor can hang in any org. There is no full promotions worth of better than Fedor......It'd be pretty bad ass if there were/
KSW
KSW

Sun May 06, 2012 11:13 am
Lavar finishing Barry was nice. It was not a long tim ago that Lavar was gun shot.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sun May 06, 2012 11:56 am
yeah lavar is doing well but he definitely has to work on his ground game. but if he can strike through barry like that he can do it against weaker strikers.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun May 06, 2012 12:04 pm
monaroCountry wrote:
moronoRepublic wrote:

Please explain how JDS suddenly gets that number 1 ranking? No doubt hes good but seriously please explain how?

Well he beaten all the UFC throwed at him without problems which were much better than what they gave Cain for example, and will probably continue doing so, that makes him number 1 in the UFC, but of course because of the hype and kiss ass he gets number 1 of all. He's pretty good and my fav UFC HW now, but now he needs to prove himself with likes of Barnett, one of the GOATs HW, and of course... Hunto 2.0!
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 2:38 pm
I mean who else could possibly be number one in the world?

Werdum lost it. Overeem has a shit resume outside of a lackluster win against Werdum and an ancient victory against Kharitonov. Have wins against similar opponents like Carwin and Lesnar, but those are discredited. Both fought against Cro Cop, another discredited opponent, JDS won and Overeem, while winning, ended up making the bout a NC.

It really just leaves JDS as the only deserving candidate because while both have solid winning streaks going, I believe Cigano has had the better opposition as of late.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 3:07 pm
We could use the Ring Magazine ranking criteria.

If a title is vacant, #1 must fight either #2 or #3 for a titlist to be crowned, and until that happens the title is vacant.

I personally considered Overeem the lineal champion. After his positive drug test, he has to me relinquished that position.

I could see JDS as the guy ranked at #1. MMA is such a cluster fuck that rankings are almost meaningless, but I wouldn't put Mir at either #2 or #3.

So in my opinion, using the Ring standard the title is vacant, and will remain vacant.

A #1 ranking for JDS though, I wouldn't disagree with.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 3:11 pm
Who would be #2 and #3 though?

I'm personally not sure.

MMA is too disorganized and the talent is too thin. I would say, that there are many guys trying to prove that they are worthy of top 3, yet haven't yet done so. If Barnett beats Cormier, he is top 3. If Cormier wins, maybe he is, although he doesn't have the resume of Barnett. Cain has been inactive and is unproven, Mir is an overachiever who's been KO'd 6 or so times, Overeem is a sterioder who is dealing with a 1 year ban. Maybe Werdum? To me, Fedor.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 3:14 pm
Btw, of course Barnett is also a roider, although not on the level of Overeem imo.

Frank Mir is also a roider.

Cain, is a fighter who had good potential, but has never been nearly what he was hyped up as, and had a serious injury. I'm looking forward to his fight though, although I think Bigfoot is going to really put him to the test.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 3:15 pm
Oh yeah, Bigfoot is also a roider.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cain is too. I wouldn't be surprised if JDS is as well.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 3:16 pm
But I don't necessarily suspect JDS as much, just saying.
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 pm
Personally, id keep Overeem in the rankings until a full year passes from his last bout. I personally have him ranked at #2 and Werdum at #3, with Cain at a respectable #4. Things do get a little murky outside of that.

Mir has put together a decent win streak, yet I believe Barnett has done enough to earn the #5 spot. Cormier's wins over Bigfoot and Monson, while coupling that with his three fights in two months stretch early in his career, deserve a six.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 3:29 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:Personally, id keep Overeem in the rankings until a full year passes from his last bout. I personally have him ranked at #2 and Werdum at #3, with Cain at a respectable #4. Things do get a little murky outside of that.

Mir has put together a decent win streak, yet I believe Barnett has done enough to earn the #5 spot. Cormier's wins over Bigfoot and Monson, while coupling that with his three fights in two months stretch early in his career, deserve a six.

Overeem is already banned for a year, no need to wait to take him out of rankings.

Cain had a long layoff, and then lost. He isn't proven as a top fighter right now.

I personally don't consider either guy worthy of a top ranking.

Werdum is knocking on the door I guess, but he too leaves a little to be desired.

In short, it isn't just the guys after top 3, the entire division is murky as can be.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum