GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC HWs are the best!

+7
KSW
wekka
IQ Wrestler
nodogoshi
monaroCountry
Wolfman
Kinosis
11 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

UFC HWs are the best! - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC HWs are the best!

Sun May 06, 2012 4:06 pm
I prefer these rankings Very Happy

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Non-Zuffa) - April 2012

Heavyweight
1. Fedor Emelianenko (M-1 Global)
2. Cole Konrad (Bellator Champion)
3. Sergei Kharitonov (DREAM)
4. Thiago Santos (Bellator)
5. Guram Gugenishvili (M-1 Global Champion)
6. Blagoi Ivanov (Bellator)
7. Damian Grabowski (Bellator)
8. Magomed Malikov (M-1 Global)
9. Aleksander Emelianenko (M-1 Global)
10. Jeff Monson (M-1 Global)
Misowaman
Misowaman

Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm
Heavyweight division always has, and always will, suck.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm
^HW may not be as deep (though I don't even know if that is true since no weight classes are that deep) because there aren't that many good big guys out there but the top HWs would beat top guys from any other weight class more often than not. HW is the King of weight classes and HWs are the reason weight classes exist.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Mon May 07, 2012 5:57 pm
I like watching the HW division, and I get excited for HW division fights, but the HW division is just awful.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon May 07, 2012 9:45 pm
I get what you are saying but at the same time they are the best. Who from other weight classes are going to beat guys like JDS, Barnett, etc? If it was easy to do people wouldn't be cutting weight to dodge those guys.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue May 08, 2012 3:20 am
i'd like to see Bobby Lashley in the UFC now that he has shown us '97 Vitor Belfort hand speed
KSW
KSW

Tue May 08, 2012 3:47 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:i'd like to see Bobby Lashley in the UFC now that he has shown us '97 Vitor Belfort hand speed
There´s not much difference between Lashley and the low tier guys in the UFC so I can see him beating a couple of guys. Same thing with Thompson, people call him a can but he´s a journeyman who mix good and and bad perfomances. If Lashley or Thompson could take Carwin to the second round they could win.
wekka
wekka

Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 am
Kinosis wrote:I get what you are saying but at the same time they are the best. Who from other weight classes are going to beat guys like JDS, Barnett, etc? If it was easy to do people wouldn't be cutting weight to dodge those guys.

Horrible MMA analysis.

Not all guys cut weight, or at least massive amount. Look at Rashad, he'd techically be classified as a middleweight and he's fought at LHW and HW with good results. Same with Maldonado, Thiago Silva, etc. You take a top tier fighter like Jon Jones, allow him to grow into his frame and build him up with a journeyman, gatekeeper, and contender and you'll probably see him work his way into a top five spot in the future. You just can't throw guys into another weight class and expect immediate results.

They're aren't dodging, they're being intelligent.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 am
moronoRepublic wrote:
Kinosis wrote:I get what you are saying but at the same time they are the best. Who from other weight classes are going to beat guys like JDS, Barnett, etc? If it was easy to do people wouldn't be cutting weight to dodge those guys.

Horrible MMA analysis.

How so? It's true.

Not all guys cut weight, or at least massive amount.

So what? 99% of them do and they still couldn't hang with HWs either way which is why they need weight classes.

Look at Rashad, he'd techically be classified as a middleweight and he's fought at LHW and HW with good results.

Um, no. He is a HW who cuts weight to fight at 205lbs. He isn't a MW and has never cut to fight there. What are you even talking about?

Same with Maldonado, Thiago Silva, etc. You take a top tier fighter like Jon Jones, allow him to grow into his frame and build him up with a journeyman, gatekeeper, and contender and you'll probably see him work his way into a top five spot in the future. You just can't throw guys into another weight class and expect immediate results.

Jones walks around at over 230lbs, he is a HW who cuts. I have no problem with him building himself up fighting lower ranked HWs, that is how every fighter should start out. He might eventually be top 5 there, no idea until he does it.

They're aren't dodging, they're being intelligent.

They are being intelligent, by dodging guys who would easily beat them.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum