GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

To juice or not to juice, that is the real question.

Yes

No

View results

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

To Juice or NOT to Juice, that is the real question. Empty To Juice or NOT to Juice, that is the real question.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:13 am
If you could chose between the two knowing the health consequences that juicing has on your body (you name them). Would you still do it if it were legal in combat sports or any sport for that matter. I understand people love to win/gain fame and fortune but how far does a person go to win? is risking your own health and well being worth it?

Last edited by RussianTopTeam on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
StillWill
StillWill

To Juice or NOT to Juice, that is the real question. Empty Re: To Juice or NOT to Juice, that is the real question.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:18 am
its cheating
Wolfman
Wolfman

To Juice or NOT to Juice, that is the real question. Empty Re: To Juice or NOT to Juice, that is the real question.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 am
Juicing is for cheaters, so............no.
KSW
KSW

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:10 pm
It´s not ok in any sport imo.
rezin
rezin

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:24 pm
It's really interesting that you mention in you post "if it were legal" and "the health consequences" but
still what people go to is "it's wrong cause it's cheating". Cheating means doing something against the
rules to gain an advantage.

Weight cutting is not illegal for some reason despite some fighters ending up over 20 pounds heavier
than their opponent in what is supposedly the same weight class, but it will be hard to find someone
who considers it cheating. I know it's legal but that is the premise of the thread, and still most would
consider PEDs cheating even if legal. Very strong stigma attached that people simply can not get over.

Why are steroids considered so bad? Because it says so in the sports bible? No, there are legitimate
reasons that go back to before steroids were illegal that people have either forgotten about or never
knew. Of course not all PEDs are the same and what people did back in the 60's and 70's are not the
same PEDs as what is being used today. Eddie probably knows the most here about how the whole thing unfolded, though I remember there was a documentary about a German team in the Olympics back in the
60's or 70's and how their lives were destroyed by steroids (cancer and all that)

I think a better question would be what if there was a PED that was as cheap and available as vitamin c, that had no side effects either now or ever, and helped you work harder and recover faster, was legal for all, no exemptions necessary, would people be against that as well.

I think yes they would be against it, because PEDs are cheating and that's that.

Now what if someone discovered that you could get the exact same effect of that particular magical
non existing PED just by eating some...I don't know...tree leaves...or some sort of root. Yeah, lets go
with root. So you get the exact same effect by consuming the root as you do by taking the PED.
No side effects, ever. Would people be against that.

Probably not. I mean it's just a root found in nature, why would that be cheating. Especially since it's not
against the rules anyway.

Now as to you question. Not a chance in hell.

That be like asking would you rather live a life of relative excess and ease now, at the expense of making
the ecosystem that sustains life uninhabitable in the future. No one would choose that.....
KSW
KSW

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:49 pm
Personally I wouldn´t risk my health to become successful in sports or anything else in life. Fame and money isn´t as important as my health but I´m 100% sure many people would be willing to give away several years of their lives to become one of the best.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum