GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

"I enter the ring and the war begins" – interview with Jan Błachowicz Empty "I enter the ring and the war begins" – interview with Jan Błachowicz

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 am
"I enter the ring and the war begins" – interview with Jan Błachowicz Swordgy

On Thursday KSW Federation World Light Heavyweight Champion Jan Błachowicz leaves for the United States to start his preparations for KSW20 show that takes place in Gdańsk/Sopot's Ergo Arena on September 15th. Although busy before his departure, Błachowicz found a few minutes to talk to us. What is his opinion about his upcoming opponent? Where does his interest in Cieszyn's basements come from? Check this interview for the answers.

How are you preparations for the flight to the States?

- Thanks, everything is ok. On Thursday I fly to California with Piotr Strus to train with Krzysztof Soszyński.

Please tell me how this co-operation with Krzyszof came about? Did it happen at KSW 19?

- (laughs) Yes, you're right. When Krzysiek was in Poland, we talked a bit about training regimen in his gym and my possible visit. Few months later I'm coming to train with him.

Will he help you with the logistics?

- He already did. We will share a house with some of his students. There will be a training-focused atmosphere and they will also drive us to the gym.

You are going to complete your training camp in US, so you won't be available for interviews. I have to ask you about Houston Alexander then. What do you think about him? What is your strategy for this fight?

- I enter the ring and the war begins! I will certainly engage in the stand-up battle. If anybody thinks I'm afraid to strike with him, he is wrong. I like to exchange punches, this my favorite area of fighting. However, if I feel I need to take it to the floor, I won't hesitate to do it.

To end the interview I'd like to ask you about Cieszyn's Basements Association. Tell us about this initiative.

- Cieszyn's basements! You'll hear about it soon. We're going to explore Cieszyn's basements that were built in 1500 to 1800 and are still not investigated. We're going to do it.

Where do you get the funds for such a project?

- We hope that the city council will help us. We will certainly need to contribute a bit from our pockets as well. We'd also like European Union to chip in.

How did this hobby started for you?

- Since I remember I've enjoyed tramping around and seeing the sights. Now when I'm older, I can approach this in a professional way. We have a great team of people interested in exploring basements to do it.

Janek thanks for the interview and good luck in the States.

- Greetings to all my fans. Buy your tickets and see you on September 15th in Ergo Arena.

http://www.konfrontacja.com/en/index.php?s=news&newsID=1132&wchodzę-do-ringu-i-wojna---rozmowa-z-janem-błachowiczem
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum